Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MELB - Slinky 2005, REVIEWS

https://www.mobi-boxoffice.com.au

got my tix from this site.
was messaged to my phone ..
all good!!

Well me and me mates had a bloody ball it went off and QBH was full to the max, there was one down side of the night that would have to be the hard trance room dam talk about hot hot hot.

The main room rocked hard i found fergie's music not that great at all so i spent his 2nd half of his set in the hard trance room with jewlez and hellrasier,

After i went to see BK play and his set was a banger when he pumped it up, my high light of the night was when BK played the born slippy hardstyle mix dam this just rocked the joint.

Scott alert done a great closing set one of his better sets of heard. For my first slinky i would say it was great but would of liked to seen it in a bigger venue if a had to rate it i would give it 7/10 it was a good show..........

Originally posted by anarky
I'm not going because I have exams. But I'll be going to THIS:

Godskitchen '05: BT, Gabriel & Dresden, Nick Warren, Above & Beyond, Hybrid.

:p

Where'd you get that from? When is it? Tell me... TELL ME!?
Please...

It's on October the 8th at Melbourne Park. :)

And that's not even the FULL line-up. =D

went there with a crap factor already in place.Helped alot coz again,slinky and venue were pretty crap.Fergie...? that was just the stupidest set ive ever heard. Jewels and hellraiser always the goods,but gee wasnt that room a pressure cooker!!!
over all though i had a good night.i didnt expect much from slinky so yeah:p good company and all that jazz made it all ok.

PLH

Chaos

<3

Being groped multiple times on my first wander through the crowd upon arrival didn't make for the best introduction to the night. I wasn't even wearing a remotely revealing outfit. :|.

POSITIVES;
Dot2.gif
The Dance Off part I was a huge huge roaring success - - - tag teaming was a superb idea, even if I do say so myself, heh'. Glad you guys are contented with your lego trophy. Second out of two teams isn't that bad.
Dot2.gif
The funky tunes that were pumping out of the side room.
Dot2.gif
The giant hammer that made its way throughout the crowd, bopping unsuspecting randoms on the head.
Dot2.gif
Taking control of the empty bar a few times throughout the night, and weilding the soft-drink gun like a weapon of doom.

NEGATIVES;
Dot2.gif
The music was all extremely poorly mixed - - - great tunes and awesome volume but these guys honestly just could not play for shit. Not sure what the problem was [entertained the idea maybe it was equipment as they were playing CD's all night].
Dot2.gif
Little to no ventilation. You don't expect in Winter to have sweat pouring off you and dripping onto you from the roof and other people.
Dot2.gif
The security and the lack of seating - - - where else are you expected to sit yourself down when there are no seats?
Dot2.gif
The fact that our VIP lanyards got us a grand total of fuck all extras minus a lightening quick entrance into the club.

All in all, an OK night - - - the organisers need to really lift their game.
The company, as usual, was top notch. :).

Consolation and commiserations to IamTha1 and DeeCee for their valiant but inadequate attempt at winning the Slinky Dance-Off 2005 trophy.

Runner-up Lego trophy should be in the mail for you soon. Don't be at all surprised if it gets lost in transit though :)

Had a reasonable night. Heard Skydive no less than 3 times through the night. Didn't like the fact that just as you were getting into a tune, it seemed to turn into anotehr tune - it was like rapid fire mixing for the peak hours of the night, and for me the tunes didn't seem to seamlessly blend, so much as hit the "next track" button on a cd. mleh.

I also had fun groping C0TB multiple times on her first wander through the crowd and having her think it was obnoxious randoms =D

^lol......haha.

i didn't attend this afterall due to illness, but i must say that it's a shame melbourne seems to be lacking adequate venues nowadays.....qbh may be the biggest 'venue' in the southern hemisphere but it still always feels so damn small......we need another docklands or similar warehouse....clubs just don't cut it.

As for mixing, why it wasn't seamless has me shocked.....for dj's supposedly at a pro level.

what style was fergie playing?

^^^^ yeah your so right bring back the warehouse partys or docklands, as for fergie style of music well what i heard it was a kind of brake dance hip hop stuffed if i know what you call it when i went to see him finish his set i know he played "it time to burn" some kind of wierd remix.

As for godskitchen yeah that line is confirmed plus for more dj's to be added. cheers guys.

Duckboy said:
I also had fun groping C0TB multiple times on her first wander through the crowd and having her think it was obnoxious randoms =D

tee hee to funny.

the rabbi said:
^^^^ yeah your so right bring back the warehouse partys...

There was a warehouse party on Saturday night - On Shrooms! It was in Seaford and was awesome! I hope there's another in the very near future. The quality of tunes all night was amazing.