• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Melb] Pharmacy (Our Law!!) 11/03 The Metro REVIEWS!!

androoo

Bluelighter
The Metro. 20 Bourke Street Melbourne
Melbourne

Sunday 11th March 2007. 10:00pm

The Pharmacy terror corps flip the killswitch for another revolutionary lesson in deviated dance floor dynamics! Like ‘my little pony’ with a severe temper disorder, the Pharmacy mechanical animals are here to strike fear into the hearts of small children and the feeble-minded alike! Pharmacy über alles!

Following Pharmacy’s yellow brick road are none other than our favourite scratch perverts the Organ Donors, the man with the masterplan Dyewitness, the crown prince of bangers and mash Dj Kutski and the man in black himself- Nik Fish. Rounding off this dark conclave are the Ninth Insight playboys LCK & Master Kaos and el super beast himself; Hellraiser!

Infiltrate. Destroy. Rebuild.

ORGAN DONORS [UK] PHARMACY CD LAUNCH!
The ’Donors have become without question one of the most prolific hard edged techno/hard dance acts to come out of the UK in many years. Their bootlegs are legendary and their releases sublime- 99.9, Radio Waves, Turntablism and Whats Up! The Donors have taken their bastard brand of techno driven trance to the four corners of the globe including gigs in China, Australia, Russia and the lost city of Atlantis!

DYEWITNESS / DJ MISJAH [HOLLAND]
The ORIGINAL hardcore gangster makes his first Melbourne appearance as Dyewitness in almost a decade! The father of hardcore/happy hardcore fused togther elements of 303 acid, hardcore and techno to create timeless anthems such as The Masterplan, The Future and of course under his Dj Misjah moniker he released the ultimate acid odyssey Access! We are observing your earth!

KUTSKI [UK]
Hushed like a hurricane- calm like a bomb! Kutski is currently the HOTTEST property in the global hard dance and hardstyle scene. With headline gigs at the likes of Defqon1 and having taken over from Fergie hosting the weekly BBC1 essential mix, Kutski has taken the world by force. He is both the 2Many DJs and the QBert of the harddance world- mashups divine and turntable trick-nology gone wild. Kutski is the future of the harder styles!

NIK FISH [AUS]
Our very own hardstyle 007 is back like the clap! Without question Nik Fish is Australia’s most notorious superstar DJ- part rock star, part trend-setter and full time bad boy, this is one act that knows how to work a crowd backwards, inside and out. Viva la Fish!

[The Pharmacy Coal Chamber!]
Organ Donors, Dyewitness, Kutski, Nik Fish, Hellraiser, 9TH Insight (Master Kaos vs LCK), Generation Next (Scott Alert vs. Dr Willis), Tonka vs. T2

PLUS: Kontinuum VJ’S and Edge Performances by PRIMAL PEOPLE

[PHD Sound Lab]
Soul T, Jewelz, JFX, Otek, Karpe DM, X-Statik, Chubbs Deluxe vs. Trix

[Digital Butchery]
Kid Suicide vs. Elysium, Agent 86, Dave Pham, Brother Pierce, Veg & Ray, Ruckus

[Happy 2B Hardcore]
Exa-cist vs. St Luke, Artemis vs. Xpression, Krysraw, Photon, Matty J

pharm_ol_eflyer_01.jpg

---Ed Rush & Optical or this ?!?!

astro^boi said:
ED RUSH + OPTICAL!!!!!!! only coz i'm biased =)

argh... wish i'd chosen ed rush & optical!!!
pharmacy was the worst night out i've had in ages!! dull..only way i can describe it, felt like hardstyle was played ALL bloody night.. best set was DyeWitness and i had to wait til 5am for that :p

yeah i agree it sucked majorly. too much hardstyle, too much happy hardcore, too many smashed 18 y/o's and people that looked like they hadnt eaten in the last 5 years.. just too much of everything! Totally did my head in. It was a major downer after having a great time at future.

kapow said:
yeah i agree it sucked majorly. too much hardstyle, too much happy hardcore, too many smashed 18 y/o's and people that looked like they hadnt eaten in the last 5 years.. just too much of everything! Totally did my head in. It was a major downer after having a great time at future.

the happy hardcore lasted only 2-3 hours (after listening to 2 hours of harddance), which was pretty shitty.. i like my hardcore but the quality of hardcore was.. pants! the dj's then played hardstyle until the end!! the thing was.. that was the happy to be hardcore room!!

what happened to the other 2 rooms??

i wish i was one of those smashed 18 yr/o's though!.. would have helped me endure the night a little better...

oh well!..8)

Yeh, the 3 side rooms got merged into the one side room - WTF?
I dunno, everyone was doin my head in, think I'm seriously gettin over the scene, if it weren't for the fact I'm happy with how my shufflin is progressing I'd already be out of the whole thing. The major diassapointment of the night was Hellraiser arriving late, a mate reported seeing him stumble out of a cab out the front, cab full of emtpy beer bottles, and played a shitty set where nuffin went right, except playin on 'encore' of sorts and ripping out the Neophyte - sik shit!

Pharmacy had better do MUCH better for F*ckin Hostile!

androoo said:
the happy hardcore lasted only 2-3 hours (after listening to 2 hours of harddance), which was pretty shitty.. i like my hardcore but the quality of hardcore was.. pants! the dj's then played hardstyle until the end!! the thing was.. that was the happy to be hardcore room!!

what happened to the other 2 rooms??

i wish i was one of those smashed 18 yr/o's though!.. would have helped me endure the night a little better...

oh well!..8)

lol sorry! I was referring to a really young looking guy outside that was sitting in a pool of his own urine.... sad and gross

I don't mind the occasional pharmacy when they do something special/different....but after having attended quite a few over the last few yrs i've come to the conclusion that they're generally just one big phat disappointment. Hardstyle is the worst genre ever, hellraiser sucks & the sheer muntedness of some of the people who attend is disgusting.

I Dont know why all you ppl are complaining, Pharmacy has always been a hard event so why go if you dont like that style of music?????? if you had a look at the main room line up you would of seen that all the dj's playing play Hard trance/style. Did you think that these hardstyle dj's were going to play Hardcore or techno??

This was one of the best Pharamcy's iv been to the music was banging from 1am till 5am then it turned to shit after 5.. Bring on F*cking Hostile its going to be hard as F*ck :)

PM me for tickets $45

the rabbi said:
I Dont know why all you ppl are complaining, Pharmacy has always been a hard event so why go if you dont like that style of music?????? if you had a look at the main room line up you would of seen that all the dj's playing play Hard trance/style. Did you think that these hardstyle dj's were going to play Hardcore or techno??

This was one of the best Pharamcy's iv been to the music was banging from 1am till 5am then it turned to shit after 5.. Bring on F*cking Hostile its going to be hard as F*ck :)

PM me for tickets $45

i've never been to pharmacy before so i'd only heard of the international dj's before (Dyewitness was the highlight of my night as it was a change from everything else played in the main arena).. i'd expected to be able to go in to all the rooms advertised.. and also expected to hear hardcore ALL night in the HARDCORE room 8) so thats one of the main reasons i felt short changed from the whole experience!

Thats fair enough, i guess i only go for the main room acts anyway. the side rooms dont interest me..

I went to this as a sort of Future Music after party. Damn you Melbournites like your trance hard :D

I had a pretty good night, if not just for something different. Organ Donor's were my favourite, all there crazy antics really add to the night.

groova said:
I don't mind the occasional pharmacy when they do something special/different....but after having attended quite a few over the last few yrs i've come to the conclusion that they're generally just one big phat disappointment. Hardstyle is the worst genre ever, hellraiser sucks & the sheer muntedness of some of the people who attend is disgusting.

I have never been to a Pharmacy but i HAVE been to plenty of parties and IMO i think Pharm is being overdone and its wearing thin with the general party crowd. There use to be few a year and now they are every mth or every two mths.

They seem to be lacking difference in reguards to line ups and ideas and even their event titles are starting to leave me wondering...

eg: our law, f*cking hostile

8)

Why would you call your dance party that if you want to attract a good crowd. It just puts out the wrong vibes IMO. It makes it sound so tense and not in a good way. I think Pharm should go back to being twice or three times a yr and not every few mths...there wearing thin.

If you want to bring people to the music you must provide them with some difference and entice them with what they want. Not titles that promote anti social behaviour and anger.

The event is called 'PHARMACY' (ie. drugstore), yet their website encourages us to 'DOB IN A DEALER'???

"cash cash money money... and the scene is GONE"

starfalls I think they are marketing to the flat-hat wearing, g-stomping crowd.

PHJ BRUTHAAAAAAA!!!!