• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb. Pharmacy [Appetite For Destruction]. *REVIEWS* 11th Feb. Metro.

PeterPoppa

Bluelighter
Melb. Pharmacy [Appetite For Destruction]. 11th Feb. Metro.

KillRockStar Entertainment and Loaded Entertainment proudly present-

Pharmacy [Appetite For Destruction]
Friday 11th February 2005

Hushed like a hurricane, calm like a bomb! The Pharmacy window lickers once again invite you to use your illusion and join us for another night of debauchery at the infamous Pharmacy Molotov disco! Fallen angels, misfits, street urchins and outcasts unite- we’re addicted to drums and a slave to the dark beat! In fine tradition Pharmacy prescribes it disturbing prescriptions of warped 303 acid, thundering doom techno and the most slammin hard trance around- yes, I wanna be sedated!

Gracing the Pharmacy decks are none other than the golden boys of hard trance Cosmic Gate, the dark prince of hard techno Chris Liebing, the remanipulator Ben Simms, the original acid headcracker himself A*S*Y*S (Acieeeed!) and bringing the pain is Dutch wonderkid Walt! And what Pharmacy would be complete without our resident mechanical animal the Hellraiser.

Pharmacy… Flower Sniffin’ > Kitty Pettin’ > Baby Kissin’ > Corporate Techno Whores!

Cosmic Gate [Germany]
Dj and production team Claus Terhoeven [Nic Chagall] and Stefan Bossems [DJ Bossi] are the duo responsible for hard trance hymns Mental Atmosphere, Firewire, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, The Drums and the seminal Exploration Of Space. As if that wasn’t enough they were also behind the massive remix of Ferry Corsten’s Punk as well as taking up remix duties for the best of best including Tiesto, Rank1,
Dumonde plus Blank & Jones. Welcome to the Cosmic Gate.

Chris Liebing [CL Recordings/Stigmata, Germany]
Over the past few years Chris has taken the world by blitzkrieg emerging as the unquestioned and most infamous leader of the new hard techno revolution. His dark take on the slamming techno franchise has seen him win a multitude of accolades including awards for best German DJ and best remixer courtesy of MTV Europe. Chris was voted number 24 in this year’s DJ Mag Top100 and has headlined events as varied as Sensation Black, I Love Techno and Nature1. Furthermore Chris runs a slew of successful labels including CLR, Stigmata and Soap… Who da man?

Ben Sims [United Kingdom]
London based techno DJ / producer Ben Sims has undergone a swift rise to prominence within the global dance music community and his enigmatic DJ performances have earned him a ranking amongst the worlds top techno spinners. With productions such as ‘Remanipulated’ and a numbers of appearances on labels such as Primate, Primevil, Tresor, Simms’ music has been blasted the world over by the likes of Jeff Mills and Carl Cox.

A*S*Y*S [Tracid Traxxx, Germany]
With a sound that seamlessly combined the darkness & aggression of acid, the symphony of trance and the rhythm of techno, A*S*Y*S is the evil genius behind such mega-anthems as Acid Headcracker, Acid Nightmare, Acid Save Your Soul and last year’s mammoth crossover smash hit No More Fucking Rock’n’Roll. He is also responsible for hits including Naiche & Steve K - Age of Darkness as well as taking up remix duties on the Timo Maas classic- Maas Mellow. Check out the brand spakin’ new A*S*Y*S album out NOW!

Walt [Carnal/Purple Eye, Holland]
This young Dutch phenom is riding a phenomenal wave of success that has seen him rise from virtually obscurity to being one of the big players in the Dutch scene. Perhaps most famous for his productions as Walt & Feliz (Bring The Pain & Wanna Fuck) Walt is also the boy genius behind Alex Fakey- Painted Black and Marcel Woods- Time Is Running Out. With a style that flirts effortlessly between tech trance and slamming hard trance Walt is not to be missed!

[Fear and Loathing in Pharmacy]
Cosmic Gate (Germany), Chris Liebing (Germany), Ben Sims (UK), A*S*Y*S (Germany), Walt (Holland), Hellraiser, Dee Dee, Scott Alert vs. Richie Braic

[Hardware vs. Wetmusik]
Dave Pham, Simon Coyle, Simon Digby, Matt Radovich, PDT, Gene Hoffman

[Pharmacy Bloody Pharmacy]
Klasic, Stevie B, Dr Willis, Kelsta, Rapid, JFX, Brother Pierce vs. Toast

[Back To Ours vs. Scatterfunk]
Jason Rudeboy Esq, Richie Rich, Osyris, Nigel Jacotine vs. Hiho DeSilva, Ruckus, Kid Suicide, Dirty D vs. Able K, Agent Cooper vs. Delueze

The Metro. 20 Bourke St. Melbourne CBD
Combining the regal opulence of an old theatre with industrial grime and wrought iron catwalks of a nuclear reactor, the Metro is one of Melbourne’s best kept secrets and without doubt one of our best party spaces!

Mammoth production, sound and lighting courtesy of Next Wave Audio. Projections by Kontinuum. Engagement party by Hellraiser (& Sarah of course)… congratulations punks!!

18+ Only. Photo ID required…
Doors open 10:00pm – 8:00am

Earlybirds $39 + BF! Limited to 300 only through www.killrockstar.com, www.hardwarecorp.com.au and ticketek. Presale $48 + BF [may also be subject to transaction fees]. More on the door!

Further Info: www.killrockstar.com or [email protected]

[Ticket outlets]
Ticketek- www.ticketek.com or 132849
www.inthemix.com.au
www.killrockstar.com
3e Designs 84 [Windsor] 9529 8088
CC Music [Geelong] 5221 8466
Central Station [Swanston St] 9654 2505
Dangerfield [Chadstone] 9564 8299
Dangerfield [Collins St] 9663 6700
Dangerfield [Greville St] 9521 1955
Glue [Highpoint] 93187277
HMV [Bourke St] 9654 8533
InAComa [Ringwood] 9879 4944
Jac 'n' Jean [Frankston] 9783 6732
Ministry of Style [Brunswick] 9419 4952
Pure Vinyl [Prahran] 9533 6434
Strange Days [Prahran] 9525 2434

8o

Last edited:
In, never miss a Pharmacy! Been pumped for Walt for months, and The Gate and A*S*Y*S should be awesome as usual!

Metro, never been there before...so should be interesting!

Fuckin bring it!! =D

Killer techno line up... what is happening pharamacy?

Ive noticed that you have been slowly easing the hard trance ravers into techno, you seem to be doing a pretty good job, starting at acid tech and working your way up...

Hope it works out for u

As if i would miss "the gate".

My posse and i will be there. No excuses, nor exceptions.

I'm bursting with excitement aleady. =D

LIEBING & SIMS at the same party? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done pharmacy and ppl sorry to say this hehe ppl get ready for these guys, thats all I have to say, cant wait!!!!!!!!!

ill be in melb for this.

this looks like it can definately be on the cards for me :)

InSoMnIa^ said:

Ive noticed that you have been slowly easing the hard trance ravers into techno, you seem to be doing a pretty good job, starting at acid tech and working your way up...

Shhh! My dark machinations must remain clandestine! A little bit of spice works nicely in the mix don't you think?
;)

Mr_AuDiO said:
LIEBING & SIMS at the same party? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done pharmacy and ppl sorry to say this hehe ppl get ready for these guys, thats all I have to say, cant wait!!!!!!!!!

FUCKING OATH

I'm there. So very very very very there.
Very very very there.

Very.

got it? %D

InSoMnIa^ said:

Hope it works out for u

Fuck yes.

Props to Pharmacy. They seem to be slowly, but surely, winning over a huge and very eager demographic.

They certainly aren't getting the credit that they deserve from the techno community. This party could change that though I dare say. There seem to be a heap of people interested in this that normally aren't Pharmacy punters.

BRING
THE
SHIT
ON!!

why does pharmacy has sims and liebing?

*confused*

mmm wont be here cos im overseas but this party should be very interesting?

Hehe, Pharmacy proves again they have more than half an idea how to put on a party :)

still thinking about this.. Prob end up going.. Its a great line up!!! 8)

I'm normally a psy raver - but fuck its Cosmic Gate!!!!

Got a mate who bouncers at the metro so gotta be there now. It's a very good venue.

This sounds very very tasty

yeah um, i don't really know any of the djs or anything..
but i've been told i'm going ;)

so i'll see you guys there

as a special bonus, i plan to leave my sarcasm at home!

i dont want to go because its at Metro (the venue blows - stop using it)

...but chances are i'll be dragged kicking and screaming :\

COSMIC GATE!!!!!!

WOOT Yea!!! Im So There!!!!!!!!!

Cant Wait!!!!!

Got my tickets today!!! =D so happy!!! Have decided that I can't miss Cosmic Gate... Been listenin to them since I was 15!!! Aw.. I so can't wait for this now.. Havn't been to Metro... Is it that bad a venue? 8(