• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb: NINE INCH NAILS, wed 17 aug! (reviews)

correct me if i'm wrong...

gates open at 6pm
support act starts at 8pm

correctomundo??

p.s. if anyone wants to find me, i'll be the only person there not in black :p :\
who wants to join me in non-conforming to the non-comformists?

yeah, i was going t owear this lovely egg yoke yellow polo, by ralph lauren, shirt... look att pretty and such.. as a joke, then when i saw others walkinghte streets of melb, and people also coming over here on the plane.. i decided against... i have to go buy a black shirt now... haha

if anyone wants to contact me.. PM me, coz i am here in melb all on my lonesome...

out

well i'll see whoever i see there. i am working there but i dont know if that is at a food outlet or a bar or whatever. i will have a namebadge with my name on it (diego) come and say hello

FUCKING WOW.

That was unbelievable. Loved every second of it. They just blew me away.

Trent was barely recognizable (looked like henry rollins!!) and they had a very different 'feel' to 2000, but it was still incredible, and a truly wonderful (and generous) set.

i appologise to all of you for not being allowed to take alcohol into the arena and for havig to serve everything into cups. the promoter decided that, not us (delaware) or Rod Laver

WOW indeed.

Awesome, AWESOME show. The musicianship was first rate, the set rocked and all in all a pretty great crowd too.

Potato, we (COTB and I) saw you there but you flashed past us before we could yell out :(

What the hell was with the support act though?? they were terrible!!

dam it...sounds like i should of gone :(

edited title to include reviews :)

One fun night overall, just amazing, god tripping in the city will always be fun.

Well I would have to say the gig was a bit of a disappointment, I feel bad saying so, but hell it just was. Mainly I think the crowd were unable to rise to the occasion and drive the performance on. But the sound was ok, it was just not the right chemistry on stage and in the crowed. I loved all the tunes old and new but wished they had of played ‘The great below’, if that was there encore, I think they may have made a lot more people happy. And just so you know, there was no encore. But I was happy to be there and take in the sight and sounds. Also last time I saw them was just so magic it was hard to top that experience.

Then on into the night with some friends (of which I really needed to touch base with) and some twoCbee to the Goth (or should I say just pain old shit alternative music) club). Well it was just like the old days just much tackier. Some oztrancers were there and things got rather strong inside me and my friend so we had to exit to Rome ‘the city at night’ and find our little chill zone, we had a walk to south Melbourne, stopping to criticize architectural structures and feel the textures of the bark of trees we passed and then we ascended to the 9-10 story of a building and chilled out on a couch to ‘Frou Frou’ and the watch the city move in the distance, and let our inner beings breath. When things had stabilized I headed back to the club to take in some more of the mood and pick up a ‘lonely soldier’. We remained there drinking, chatting and getting to know each other better. Whilst stare at the ‘creatures of the night’ that appeared generally five years older than they where because of to many excessive late nights and speed dreams. Well you get that.

Then after catalyzing the patching up of the century, I headed back home to chill out to the sunrise and kick back alone to ‘The Postal Service’ and then snuggle my cat in bed to the ‘Weakerthans’.

Well a fun with the best of company, much needed night much gained.

Last edited:
Thanks Ronny for posting a detailed review, your work, as always, glows with such purity and love. Again THANK YOU =D

ok.. so here is my experiance.. i fucking loved every second of it.. amazing.. but slightly disapointed... not in the bad sense.. seeing i travelled over from perth, and i still think it was worth it...

ok.. so i went listening to a lot of NIN, and i love the stuff.. so i was going to enjoy it what ever happened.. got there early adn got my green tag to say i could be in the front section.. YES! then i lined up quickly to get in first.. got in really easily... and got front centre standing.. it was the stage, the bouncers, the baricade, one person, ME!!1 fuck yeah.. so that was great!!

i honestly was expecting a little more tech stuff..' like in 'all that could have been' with those cool screens and cool keyboards.. it wasnt really up to scratch.. but those lights still looked cool.. just not all that.. you know..

i think the music really sounded great.. i dont like the with_teeth cd much, but when it was live it sounded more NINish.. good even...

i loved the start, i love i wish and it was a great opener.. real cool like.... adn it went well from there... brilliant... i knew trent had shaved his head.. and i was dissapointed to actually see it.. he just looked like an old man on stage.. but hey.. hes still cool...

i came out of teh concert fucking rocking and psyched.. lovewd it...

and just so i can say it again.. I WAS RIGHT UP THE FRONT CENTRE ON THE BARRICADE.. IM GREAT!

haha

good t osee some smashing up on stage.. but really i wanted more.. i wanted everything broken and such.. haha..

i cryed at hurt.. yes i wil lsay it here. i had tears welling in my eyes... beautiful

props to:
the cool crowd, even though everyone didnt get into it, the people around my were real into it...
the dude who yelled out 'does anyone have some drugs for this guy, anyone, give him some"
that buzz i felt
my crushed ribs fromthe crowd
me not having to use my legs coz i was being supported by the crowd
not being able to breathe properally after the gig coz i was fucked
trent for playing gave up, i wish, teh day the world went away, closer and hurt....
greenhouse backpackers for giving me a place to stay
raz and rats adn co for being great cool people... great meeting you guys...

slops:
my ribs for still hurting
my head for still hurting
my legs for regaining feeling adn only feeling pain
the dickhead with the elbows behind me
the bigtall guy in the red shirt who crushed me more than the others, you know who you are, i told you so ;)
that girl who decided to frizz the shit out of her hair and puff it to the back, so when i lost my front position coz i was going a little crazy i ended up behind her and tasting nothing but hair spray...
me for feeling like a dead animal on the sid eof the road after being run over by 1000 cars at the end of the night...
the guy who took the druimstick out of my hand when i was just catching it.... grabby mother fucker....

ill post more when it comes to mind...

oh yeah, nad on the support.. they were all bad... i didnt like them.. not NINish at all... not cool.. adn their whole set got fucked coz of technical details.. but i supose that what you get when you go from playing for your patents in you r garage to a big stage... haha...

i hated the lead.. the way he said 'whats wrong with you guys, we normally get way more abuse' fuckigntool face is everything...

he looked like an idiot flailing arond the stage.. the only cool thig about hte band was the drummer, because of his 'slayer' shirt...

their tech looked like they were playing at a high school.. jsut not cool.. i was bored and felt like sitting down...

CuPillar said:
i knew trent had shaved his head.. and i was dissapointed to actually see it.. he just looked like an old man on stage.. but hey.. hes still cool...

He actually looked uncannilly like a young Henry Rollins. And if you've ever seen Rollins play, you'd realize just how much of a compliment 'an old man on stage' can be.

I started off being SO not impressed eh.

I missed the support due to dumb work, but I felt like it still took a while for NIN to get into it. Once they did it was awesome...I too cried during Hurt, I will completely assert that was the high point of the night. There were a few other songs; namely The Day The Whole World Went Away and Starfuckers Inc and Head Like A Hole. I was really REALLY unimpressed with Closer, but I kind of rationalised that by saying that when you have to sing the same song forever for like 10 years eventually you'll get over it, eh.

In short, it was fun, but if I'd paid for my ticket I'd have felt way pissed off eh. Go birthday presents. :)

What was with the no encore thing?

My mate and I had a lengthly discussion about how encores are expected by crowds these days and are pass'e. I disagree I mean if you pay $80 of hardworking cash you want your moneys worth and it pissed me off that they played for such a short period of time.

Head like a hole was my highlight. That song was one of the songs that got me into alternate music and I will always love it.

Don't worry Raz I cried when Hurt came on aswell. Such a beautiful song and I felt he really moved the crowd. I had an awesome night all round but it went by of so quickly.