• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] Future Music Festival - Sidney Myer Music Bowl, 11th March. REVIEWS!!

Photos from the weekend that was [with all of the ups and downs].

ChrisMeTexting.jpg

ChrisPeteMeJayDave.jpg

ChrisPeteMe.jpg

JayMeThomas.jpg

MainStage.jpg

Dancefloor.jpg

Pete.jpg

Schmick.jpg

MollyDave.jpg

[X-posted on Social]

Ferry & Cox kicked arse.....that is all. Crowd a bit shitty, but i still had a blast.

I had an absolute blast at future. The weather was fantastic with it being warm and overcast. The breeze blowing across the hill was simply amazing!!

I thought the crowd was the best that I'd ever seen at such an event and especially for its size (25000 +). I only saw a few muzza's strutting their stuff. We spent most of out day about 20mts back from the front of the hill front and centre and the crowd around that area had a really great vibe. I'd also like to add that once again Melbourne did not disappoint with the quality of females in attendance. Not that I was intersted in picking up but it never hurts to have something to look at!

The two males reportedly stabbed is a bit of a concern but these things are bound to happen from time to time when you have such a crowd, most of whom are drugged up to the eyeballs. The low rate of OD's is good to hear which may mean the "no G" message may be getting through.

Someone mentioned earlier about the massive line to get in. We originally stood in a line which was about 1km long. We couldn't understand it until someone walking past said that this line was for people that wished to purchase tickets. We walked up to the gate where we stood in line for about 10 mins before enetering.

Best acts for the day in my opinion were Felix who simply rocked it, Tom Novy i was very impressed with and princess superstar had her crowd rocking aswell. Was a little let down with Ferry closing the main stage for the night. I thought it dulled the whole atmosphere and vibe that the main stage had going all day. Would have loved something a bit more like what felix played to close the night out.

All in all that was the best event I have been to. I think Future Fest will take over from 2tribes as the main labour day event in Melbourne. The day events have a much more feelgood vibe to them and don't seem as shady. I'll definately be partying there again in "08"!

Anyway so came Sunday.
Future.
I wasn’t expecting much but boy was I surprised! After consuming alcoholic beverages and catching the train, we arrived at about 12.30 to find a ridiculously long line, which we were bad and skipped….anyway got in and headed straight for the drink card line, where we purchased about $60 worth of drink cards, got some beverages and then headed to the first aid tent for some sunscreen – must be sun smart people! We then saw the last half an hour of TV rock, they were awesome, and did some great mixes, especially of the prodigy – smack my bitch up into firestarter and then back into smack my bitch up. I was actually quite impressed and they definitely had the crowd going, but I had the “dukes of Windsor” stuck in my head all day!! Went around to see Tom Novy and chilled on the grass for a while, he was a little commercial for my liking, but not too bad. Started to see the usual buff guys with their shirts off, but it makes for funny viewing I thought. Then after that we met up with iamtha1 (nay) and her mates where we dranks some more and cheered on the 20 guys that all jumped the fence at the same time. We almost got crushed by one of them, but it made for good drunken entertainment! Saw some of Fedde le grand, fairly unimpressive, so I decided to tune out and chill and drink on the grass instead. Went to Mischief to catch infusion who were pretty good, very very rockin’ and I really enjoyed their set! After that we saw the man – CARL Cox, who was amazing, but I had to catch at least ½ an hour of Princess Superstar, which thank god I did, I totally loved her set, and she played Perfect so I was happy.
I danced with Eze and he and I had a blast together watching her. I rushed back to see the alst ½ hour of carl cox who I loved, and then lined up to get in the bowl for Corsten. Actually moved quite quickly in the line, and got in about 7pm, to find that there were no drinks cards left for sale in the bowl, so after arguing with the beer wench she finally realised I wanted to SPEND MONEY and I couldn’t buy anything if she had no drink cards left so she just took cash – idiot!
I also had the unfortunate pleasure of visiting the mens bathroom in the bowl…absolutely fucking disgusting!!! Ewwwww!!!!
Corsten was fairly trancey and quite standard so we headed back to Mischeif to see Josh Wink as I felt quite unsafe up on the moving platform of the bowl, as it was moving and shaking and I was sure it was gonna collapse.

After the end I saw Carl Cox was at Josh Wink, so I snuck around the back and talked my way through security who let me go up and meet him! I was so excited. He was such an awesome laid back dude, and I just kept hugging him and telling him how much I loved him and loved his set. He was probably assuming I was a skanky loved up PLUR-head but I didn’t care, he was awesome and so nice to talk to! It really really made my day! I was on the biggest natural high after that it was awesome!!

Anyway Future I thought personally rocked out. Toilet ques weren’t too bad. They weren’t great but to be expected at a big festival, drink prices were shit, but I got drunk enough and still came home with cash (yay for free smuggled in booze!), there were quite a few wankers but all the people I met and hung out with were fabulous! And I got to meet the man CARL COX.
I think future did a good job on this event. And I hate future. BUT having said that they did oversell it and they did let too many people into the bowl at once, but I was really glad to see there were no ODs yesterday!
Couldn’t have had a better day. Great music, great friends and I was always smiling 

Loved Felix, have seen Cox play better.

But 2 unexpected acts a saw and infact were the highlight of the day were LTJ Bukem (Got pulling in by the drum and bass, and just couldn't leave.) and Oliver Huntingman (A friend told me to check him out, and he was sensational.)

Missed Riot in Belgium, who i wanted to see, but everyone else i was keen on i got to check out.

Great day, i personally didnt see one dog, or one fight.

I did how ever see a few people fucked up on g, one dude spazzing and his two little skinny raver friends could hardly hold him up.

Really enjoyed myself

Corsten's set was by far the best. Cox was fantastic too.

It sucked because until they came on everywhere I went all I could hear was fat chunky house and electro beats. I think that's why Ferry was so good because he played some really beautiful trance songs. I loved it.

He's always smashed, hehe. That's one of my besties, he lives quite close to him and has met him a few times at his parties.
He's a trashy, trashy man. :p

Yeah one of the nightclubs i use to work at would have him do promo nights and mc'ing and he was always either high as a kite or wasted.

It looks like they made a decent effort with the deco' on the main stage. At Good Vibs there was nothing but a back drop and Sneaky used balloons and that was it :\

The one time i saw hima t two Tribes he was so wasted off his face his eyes were rollin back in his head and he was leaning on his groupies to walk.
What a role model.

He prob gets free tickets to these events too..... Good on him I reckon, livin the dream!

I was actually really let down by some of the performances... Ian Carey was pretty average (playing The Others. WTF?), didn't stick around for Felix after he spun Just Can't Get Enough, H-Man (non-live!) was pretty boring and didn't stick around for Corsten/Leger as my ride was going at 8pm and I figured that it would be more of the same. Shame, because Corsten sounds like he rocked it!

Highlights for me were the Juggernauts, Infusion (holy fucking hell they rocked hard! Shame the guy at the mixing desk didn't have a clue... no bottom end at all!) and Serge Santiago who played an INCREDIBLE set. And Coxy was pretty spesh, too :)

All up, worth it to see the Infusion boys get back on the saddle, but otherwise it was an event I probably could've passed on.

Oh, I wasn't surprised by Infusion... it's just been a while since I'd seen them :)