Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[melb] eureka tower - skydeck

akshenethno

Bluelighter
Has anyone checked this out yet??
How was it?
http://www.skydeck.com.au/the-edge
I used to go up Rialto all the time to relax and unwind...and this looks better(big grin face here)

I'm going to Melbourne for the footy next week and really want to see this too.
Does anyone know what weather conditions shut it down(obviously lightning)?
I can't wait:)....

*link fixed*

Last edited:
Damn, I wish I'd known about this last weekend when my brother came to visit, I would have taken him to it instead of the Rialto one.

Its cheaper too, the Rialto observation deck is $15 adult, $9.90 for concession!

That looks awesome! I think Im gonna check it out... not sure if my not so great relationship with heights will make me chicken out at the last minute though :(

vanth said:
Damn, I wish I'd known about this last weekend when my brother came to visit, I would have taken him to it instead of the Rialto one.

Its cheaper too, the Rialto observation deck is $15 adult, $9.90 for concession!

Its actually more expensive. $16.50 to actually get up to the skydeck and an additional $12.00 to go out on "The Edge"

Fuckin rip off...

Does anyone know why it says on the website that you shouldn't "ride" "the edge" if you have a sensitivity to sudden or loud noises? I find that a little concerning.

The reason they say you should be careful if you have a sensitivity to loud noises... is because the people who run the 'ride' may play the sound of breaking glass. Loudly. Just to scare ya.