• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] - Earthdance - Sat 17/9

it was my first earthdance, my mats droppped out last minute, that didnt didnt stop me from going, went by myself and had a ball.

was fuckn awesome though, didnt thinkit would be that big,

def looking forward to next one

Oh yeah.. the headliners went off, but how good was "miss bean"? Her set had me stomping all over the place, and I was straight as a board at that point!

^ Yeah, he was good.. I ended up bailing shortly before 7.30 because I was so fucking cold, so I missed the 'closing ceremony' which was supposed to have been produced by Mantrix, who rocks.. how was it? I get the feeling I missed something pretty damn good, but I dunno if it was worth hypothermia ;)

As to be expected, earthdance rocked :) I'm so sorry lsd303 (and others) for missing the meetup, amazing mates of mine who have been OS for the past year unexpectely came back to Aus on Friday and I ran into them at Earthdance! As you can imagine meetups were the last thing on my mind (that and i'm terminally forgetfull ;)

Sadly my patchwork leather coat had to stay at home due to the weather. Had a fantastic stomp, though my feet still arn't to happy with me, come 2pm they were absolutley craving soft dirt! (tho it was funny as all fuck watching the kandy ravers attempting to shuffle on cobblestone like paving ;)

^hahaha..

I'm certainly no "kandy raver" (I look more like someone at home with a slab of VB these days!) ... but my dancing isn't _entirely_ a shuffle.. there's a lot of stomping to it, but it was still hard work on that surface!)

w00t! :)

/\ i love dancers who have come from the rave scene and have a cross between the shuffle and the doof.

It's got the variety of the shuffle, but with the ego and mechanicalness replaced by a more earthy flow :p

^ how artful sounding.. *giggle* :)

I dunno if I'd apply that to my dancing.. LSD taught me how to dance about 10-11 years ago and I've just gone with the flow since :)

psilocybin and dancing =D Better =D

I came from the rave scene too - the shuffle doesn't die so easily! :)

Its more the determination, lack of creative expression/ individuality and the showpony aspects of the shuffle and kandy ravers that i find amusing.

I quite often find myself shuffling (or encorporating elements of it) but its an unconscious action - simply how my body chooses to respond to the music at that given time. Its the 'i've practiced in front of the mirror for hours so i can impress the fuck out of you' style that is so often synontmous with shuffling that makes me laugh.

/\ i agree.

Some shufflers look like absolute tools trying to bust their ego all over town.

I still have a bit of shuffle in my dance, but i keep it free and funky just by letting go and having fun :)

^ I, er, sort of agree.. yeah, there are people out there (and have been for as long as I can remember, 10+ years) who dance primarily to 'show off', and it shows.. they look like robots and it's not "spirited" .. but at the same time part of the 'rave scene' I've always advocated is that it doesn't matter how stupid you look/think you look when you dance, just _dance_, have fun, and the people who matter will respect that you're just being yourself. The poser Gucci/"kandy raver" crowd will probably point and laugh, but if you really give a fuck about what they think then you should probably reexamine your self-esteem and/or attitude to partying! (...or something)

*gets off soapbox*

^^ does this thread not tell you? It _rocked_! Only (slight) letdown was that the crowd wasn't as big as it could've been, due to the weather.. but at the peak I'd guess there were ~2,500-3000 people there.. _very_ friendly crowd, awesome music (with a few exceptions IMO :) ) and a good time had by all.. I didn't go to the afterparty, but the lineup looked insane and I'm guessing it was also a kickarse event!

It was fucking awesome. I had a great day stomping my ass off with my friends. Now i am all pumped up for the up and coming parties this summer!!!!!

i didnt go to last years though i do know that last weeks was fucking amazing.

never going to miss one again

Insanity Overdose said:
but did it top last years?

Well event wise i'd say no.

Vibe wise i'd say yes as it felt less trashy this year.

But yeh the sun wasn't out so it's not gonna be as good..... but it was still an amazing day as per usual.