Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] - Earthdance - Sat 17/9

lsd303

Bluelighter
Hey guys..

I can't even guarantee 100% that I'll make it, but I'm pumped about this event and it's gonna take some serious illness to stop me getting there!

Those who have been before should know how much it rocks.. it's a) free, and b) smack in the middle of the city (Federation square)... always gives me a tingle to hear 303 lines screaming through Flinders st station ;)

Anyway.. I'll post this as an "informal" meetup - as long as I make it, look out for a dude in a blue platipus t-shirt with a shaved head and one _evil_ looking scar on said head :) (mmm.. brain surgery) ... A few of you may remember me from years ago, but seeing my heyday was around 99-00, I doubt it.. anyhoo.. if you come along, look for a very un-candied looking [edit: and scarred.. mmm, scarface ;)] guy either sitting looking nervous, or dancing his arse off, depending on circumstance! :)

Cheers,

Tom.

Last edited:
I'll most definatley be there, hopefully organised enough to give the crew a bit of a hand early on in the day, otherwise stomping my absolute arse off! :)

For those who don't know me, i'm the tall, curvy blond chick wearing patchworked leather (what form it'll be in depends on my creativity on the day ;) and my signiture fuck off huge moon boots.

Earthdance really rates up there with Rainbow and Triptamind ;) as one of the truely AMAZING gatherings of the year :)

*looks pointedly at Shorza, Popavich, Duckboy, COTB, Potato and assorted others to confirm attendance*

^^^^
i cant make it till like 4pm, what time does it kick/die off. i have been wanting to check thi out for ages but have always had things on.
looking forward to it

Festival Program

11am Opening Ceremony
Earthdance acknowledges and gives thanks the traditional owners & caretakers of this land. Spiritual opening celebration including;
· Traditional Welcome to Country with Wurundijiri Elder Joy Murphy
· Smoking Ceremony,
· Meditation
· Dance Temple Performance

12noon Electric Earth Stage
Featuring & Fusing some of Melbourne’s finest cutting edge & evolving live producers & dj’s, 3D graphic animators, projectionists, filmmakers, photographers, internet geeks & broadcasters

Live Acts & DJ’s;
· Phat Kontrollerz,
· Winston Giles Orchestra,
· Bubble & Squeak,
· The Rush Effect,
· Strange Noise Sound System,
· Avidd,
· Miss Bean
Visuals;
· $0,
· Semiomorph,
· Olaffalo the electric space elf
Humania,
· Mandala
· MissRandom
· Booie vs Shroomz

Main Square Activities
· Massive Slide Projection by Hugh McSpedden & Rus Kitchin
· Global Webcast live by Duv and Allikat
· Live radio broadcast hosted by Hour of Eco Power,
· Live Documentary & Vox Pops with SAE,
· Sound Ishtar Funktion One
· Live Video Feed - Vidman
· Special screening of Dances of Ecstasy 2.30pm at ACMI
· Décor; Ki Art,
· Earthdance Dedicated Photographer Stellar Fraser

12noon Conscious Community Zone
Location Yarra River Bank
Conscious music, poetry, stories, discussion, stalls, healers & performance
Urban & Global Grooves
· Ptjuding,
· FBloods,
· Palenecks,
· Dakini
· The Artificial Extraverts,

Spoken Word
· Adam McConvell,
· Leo Taylor (Gunslinger Music)

Other Yarra BankActivities
· Community Info Market
· Yarning Circle
· Live Rock Aerobics hosted by Missfist
· Belly dancing
· Drumming workshop

Performance Artists
· Dreamtime Faeries
· Natty Sparks
· Spiral Essence
· Emanate
· Pyroptix

12noon Creative Children Workshops
Love Fairies hosts interactive activities for 0-12years
· Creative clay creatures
· magic lantern making
· fantasy face painting
· kids disco & dance

Closing Ceremony 7.45pm
Specially created music and visual spectacular
· produced & curated by Richard Hickson (Mantrix)
· featuring the incredible Wolithica Dancers

All people, all ages, all cultures, all artists, all healers, all performers are welcome at Earthdance Festival. Please be aware Federation Square is an alcohol free venue in compliance with City of Melbourne bi-laws. Absolutely NO BYO alcohol. Feel free to support the licensed venues within Federation Square. 18+ Photo ID will be required. Patrons arriving with any alcohol will be asked to leave the Square. Earthdance advocates responsible partying.

Please respect the environment, use the bins provided or take your rubbish home with you.

Earthdance would not be possible without the energy & support of many committed volunteers, Dj’s, artists & performers, music industry, community, sponsors, media, local government, and most of all the people that come and participate every year.

Earthdance 2005 thanks the following organisations and companies for their support; Smart Car Centre Melbourne, Funktion One, Gia Sound, Core Technology, SAE, Artplay, Love fairies, Universal Language, Modulated Monkey, Fresh Future 4
Bedford Hotel, Android.

short notice now. any chance for some kind of slgihtly more organised meet up?

Im about 1-2 months out of a very reclusive, 4 year de-facto relationship, haha, needing to network now, would love to meet of with some people.

Hi chucky, i'm sure you mean nothing out of place by it, but saying you need to 'network' and stating you've just come out of an reclusive long term relationship, doesn't paint the best of mental pictures :\

That said, I'll happily meet up with most peeps, but if there is more fun to be had in another direction then that is where i'll be heading ;)

2pm at the Concious Community Zone sounds as good as any time/ place, but to be honest swifty, earthdance is the type of event you will have an amazing time if you rock up with 20 people or solo!

Haha, yeah, i see what you mean. But what i mean to say is, I have no friends now, lol. Believe me, I've got no interest in that kind of 'networking' for a long, long while - lol.

But yeh, your right, meeting with people or not, I plan to have a blast no matter what and just dance the whole day long anyway.

But yeh, 2pm at the Concious Community Zone , sounds like a good idea if anyones up for meeting new people.

I have been to the last 2 Rainbow and have heard great reports about this so I'll pop along for a look

Myself and Witch Doctor will be in attendance and Ive managed to convince Raz to come along so I think we all rocking up together ;)

Yippy

"Absolutely no BYO alcohol".

This is very true, the cops/organisers will whoop your ass for drinking, but they don't seem to care about the fact that there's enough dope smoke pouring out of the place to put hazelwood to shame ;) .. the way things should be, IMO.. it's all good :)

Ok, I've just found out my regular earthdance-buddy is going to be in adelaide tomorrow, and my other one is in london, so I'll be coming in alone.. watch for the scarheaded weirdo/platipus t-shirt, and any philatelists out there, please bring your, er, stamp collections for everyone's enjoyment! ;)

the weather..

...and by the way, fuck the weather! It's not like anyone's never been to a rainy outdoor party before, and it's even more fun if you get into the spirit of it!

2.00 at the, err.. thingo along the yarra, I'll try & remember..

[edit: I haven't met up with BLers in years, so I won't know any of you.. as I've said, look out for a dude with shaved head and a tribal-looking scar on it! :) ... and _please_ feel free to bring along a "stamp" collection, cos I'd appreciate being a geek and having a.. er.. look at some of them! ;)]

Last edited:
MooShiE said:
Myself and Witch Doctor will be in attendance and Ive managed to convince Raz to come along so I think we all rocking up together ;)
It's true! Look for the crazy sailor!!
image0086ps.jpg

Ok, so it's pissing down pretty much everywhere right now.. turn up anyway! The weather radar shows a big rain cell moving east pretty quickly, with (mmm) dryness behind it, so with a bit of luck it won't be this bad later in the afternoon.. *touch wood*

[edit: and given that it's f'n freezing, if the platipus t-shirt is visible at all it'll be over a jumper or at least a couple of long-sleeves! just look for the silly head ;)]

Last edited:
d'oh!

Um, for anyone who gives a shit and was planning to look out for me, I'm gonna be late - forgot half my shit and had to come back home to get it :( .. leaving now, should be there ~2ish..

*smacks head*
8(

I wasn't wearing my sailors hat on account of the fucking RIDICULOUS cold, but I was so there...YAY Earthdance! =D

leaving for earthdance soon ^_^
if night goes to plan this'll rock my socks :p

I was there, proudly displaying my platipus T until it got too f'n cold for it (nightish).. I even wandered around the chill area at 2ish trying to look obvious, but 'cos I don't know what any of you guys look like I didn't find anyone :( ... and I didn't see anyone fitting your description the whole party, miss slingshot! :)

Anyway, it fucking _rocked_, as usual, and will be there with bells on, as usual (;)) again next year.. go earthdance! =D