Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] Big Day Out 2006 - Princes Park - REVIEWS

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Thought someone should post one for the Melbourne BDO. I know the lineup isn't amazing this year, but I love my summer music festivals and this is no exception.

Details

Sunday January 29th 2006

PRINCES PARK SOUTH
Royal Pde, North Carlton.

PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO PASSOUTS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME FROM THIS VENUE

Gates open 11am

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Tickets $110 (inc GST) +bf* in advance (or more on the day if available)
*booking fees may vary pending on outlet & mode of purchase

Line up

The White Stripes
Iggy & The Stooges
Franz Ferdinand
Kings of Leon
The Mars Volta
Soulwax
2 Many DJs
Sleater-Kinney
The Magic Numbers
The Living End
Shihad
Wolfmother
End of Fashion
Gerling
Dei Hamo
Mudvayne
The Go! Team
The Subways
Mylo [CANCELLED] (Couldn't handle the pressure, haha!)
DJ James Murphy
The Greenhornes
Kid Kenobi plus MC Sureshock
Magic Dirt
Cut Copy
Hilltop Hoods
Cog
Beasts of Bourbon
Sonicanimation
Faker
The Grates
Youth Group
Wolf & Cub
Vitalic
Common
EDAN
Jean Grae
M.I.A.
Sarah Blasko
Airbourne
The Presets
DJ Ajax
DJ Jason Midro
MU
Caged Baby
Afra & the Incredible Beatbox Band
Fast Crew
Bit by Bats

Melb Only

Augie March
The Casonovas
TZU
British India
The Vandas
The Harlequin Smile
True Live
Diafrix
LadiesLuvHipHop
DJ Toupee
DJ Kano
Cutting Room Floor
DJ Declan Kelly

Links

Official Website Melb section
Map
Timetable

Last edited:
Got a ticket for christmas, not too much there that interests me but should be good a day anyway :)

You know what? I have to argee with you hoptis...the line up isnt that great...ive seen a number of those people a number of times before :\ and even though i LOVE my summer festivals aswell...im still umming and ahhing about getting me and my house mate tickets...right now with that line up my $$ could go elsewhere...

oh the conundrum...

whats the venue like?

No idea, driven past it a few times, it's more a sporting venue.

From the looks I'd expect it to be smaller than the Showgrounds but probably have more grass. Check out the map too.

I can understand your reluctance. Considering this thread has only had four posts and it's two weeks to go, I don't think there's that much excitement around for this.

:)

It's Optus Oval... Carlton Blues (AFL) Obviously need more money :p

I decided to go on a mission and have a look see... bugger all shade, lots of open grass (heyfever sufferers beware!), but on the plus side all the stages will be fairly close to each other, hopefully making it easier to get from one to the next.
My must see list: The Grates, Magic Dirt, Sonicanimation, M.I.A, Iggy & The Stripes.

Scored a couple of comps so I'm there. Actually looking forward to the new venue, chatting to a mate who is heavily involved in the show, reckons its going to rock.

Keep an eye out for the converted ice cream truck loaded with about 16 subs!

PS How bad does everyone think the sniffer dogs are going to be??

RE: Sniffer dogs

...they will almost certainly be present.

... seems to indicate that sniffer dogs are only being used within a particular council boundary? (City of Melbourne)

From Aus DD

Flemington Showgrounds was outside City of Melbourne council boundary, Princes Park is not.

its an exectuive decision im not going now...the line up isnt worth spending the money on and then all the cash inside the venue. im hoping they announce a huge act or something cause the last two yrs were tops...

shite line up!
wheres acts like the Beastie boys, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers....
8)

unbelievable that people are paying out on the line-up.

it's the supposed second tier of bands that will make this year so brilliant: kings of leon, the magic numbers, mia, sarah blasko etc.

and the white stripes and franz will rock it.

triple j reported last night that drug dogs will be at the gates at this years big day out.

have fun & play safe.

Saw 2manyDJ's at Room last night.. honestly I might be buying a BDO ticket purely to catch them, as this was the first time in 7 years I wasnt attending...

Executive decision on a mud-basis pending, but if your going DO NOT MISS 2 many dj's..

Lineup wise I'd pick:

Soulwax
2 Many DJs
Wolfmother
Hilltop Hoods
Cog
Wolf and Cub
Casanovas

I know everyone talks about lineups, but honestly whos on the world stage at the moment that would match a lineup across Marilyn Manson, Soundgarden, NiN rah rah.. Late 90's rock champions, its just not out there.

Can't wait till tomorrow!!!
Yeah I think the line up's maybe a little weak compared to other years but who cares! It's gonna be awesome, can't wait for Edan and 2many dj's.=D