• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB/BALLARAT] kryal castle UNIVERSE feb 24th 2007 REVIEWS!!

iwik

Greenlighter
The Hardware Board-riders and KillRockStar Entertainment presents...
UNIVERSE: 2007
Kryal Castle, Ballarat

Saturday 24 February 2007 [5pm til 7am]

THE SAGA CONTINUES...
Despite numerous intergalactic battles, the evil Imperial Forces were unable to with-hold the strength of the Rebel Alliance as one of Melbourne’s oldest and favourite events returns to Kryal Castle after a 3 year hiatus! After stellar performances by a host of great stars at Ultraworld in December, Hardware Universe returns with a team of great crews to present a 14 hour event over 6 areas. Hardware, MTC, Pharmacy, Smile Police, PHD, Hard Kandy, Shrooms and more will present 6 very different musical soundscapes encompassing the best in tech, electro, hard style, trance, breaks, retro, hip hop, funk, psy trance and more. The Jedi await you...

Hardware vs. Pharmacy [Plan9 From Outer Space!]

The Hardware planetary populus joins forces with the interstellar Pharmacy beat bandits to answer the ultimate question- the meaning of life, the universe and everything! In true festival style, prepare for a full throttle assault of the senses- intergalactic beats, sci-fi electro, industrial techno punk, uplifting rhythms divine and hardstyle roof-raisers! The Hardware and Pharmacy families continue to boldly go where no crew has gone before- its Kryal Castle Jim, but not as we know it!

The carnival atmosphere will be elevated to dizzying new heights with warmer weather, 1000 more people and the stellar production that you will come to know and expect from us. Join the fracas!

A*S*Y*S (GER)
JOHANNES HEIL LIVE (GER)
BLUTONIUM BOY (GER)
ZOMBIE NATION LIVE (GER)
BRYAN ZENTZ (USA)
GIUSEPPE OTAVIANNI LIVE (ITA)
Hellraiser
9th Insight (Master Kaos vs LCK)
Richie Rich
Dave Pham
Mike Callendar

PHD vs KANDY Shuttle
8pm – 6am

The PHD crew are back with the Kandy Clothing organisation to present a stage of shuffling proportions! Take your seat and board the shuttle to space and back as we take off trainers and all on a trip to the Moon. They’ll be no stopping on this trip!

PASCAL FELIZ (HOLL)
TARA REYNOLDS (UK)
Soul T
Scott Alert
Tonka vs T2
Ben Kakoshke vs Benny Drohan
Karpe DM
NFX (LIVE)
Otek vs Dr Willis

Smile Police Airlock
8pm – 6am

Smile Police are back and bigger than ever with their very own airlock! The Magik room will be transformed to a room of smiles and happy faces as the Smile Police crew beam out the sounds that tickle their feet! Helmets on, its time to walk in space!

BexXxy vs Xpression
Miss 88
Squiddy vs Josh O
Rachael Price
Sunshine Bunny
Raving Alco vs Garthy Garth
Ben Jackson vs Rancid
Miss Piggy vs St Luke
Sikbitch
Dex vs 6Head Slug

Electronic Highway
9pm – 6am

Hardware, MTC, Lasergun and the like present the Electronic Highway, your road to the futuristic sounds of electro and techno. Expect nothing more than quality electro, techno, tech-house, ghetto and phunk from Melbourne’s very best. The room was a hit at Ultraworld. Demand answers and take the electronic highway to electronica.

BRYAN ZENTZ (USA)
Christian Vance
Simon Slieker
Cecile
James Rudd vs Sam McEwin
Dallas Raft
Ben Cromack
Simon Coyle

Back2Ours vs. Soundtrack Saga
10pm – 6am

Party party party! 80s, hip hop, funk and more in the anything goes room for the ladies in the house!

Mike Hunt
Ruckus
Luke MCD
Scotty Spinamore
Kid Suicide vs. Elysium

The Teleport
10pm – 6am

The renegade science fiction sounds of the Shrooms massive are back to elevate you to levels of psychedlic turbo madness as their selection of teleportation masters project energy like no other to take you from A to B, in no time at all!

Pakman
Lnpsyde
Smeagol
Axiom
Reka
Red Rocket
Krazy Dan
Peaka

VENUE, CAMPING, PASSOUT, SECURITY AND POLICE UPDATE

Thankyou to the 4000 cadets that attended Ultraworld and for what was a great party and improvement overall. We felt it was a much safer and cleaner event with an older, and more respectful crowd. We really thank you for this. And for the carpooling efforts this was an awesome result with 95% of vehicles with 4 or more people in them. Less traffic, less pollution, less hassles all round. Through speaking with fellow inhabitants we are continuing to enhance each show and further co-operate with locals to ensure hassle free events. We are not aware of any Police roadblocks from Ultraworld thanks to our cooperation and local approach. This will continue and only get better if we can improve on a few things...

WEATHER at this time of year is really hot! Usually, nightly low temperatures should be in the mild 20s as opposed to the low 10s in December. So drink plenty of fluids!

PAID PARKING will be introduced at a minimum to ensure extra Police and security presence in the carpark for the safety of vehicles and the ejection of unsavoury people. Loitering in the carpark will not be tolerated after dark and patrons will be asked to move on. The ENVIRONMENT TAX of $20 will still apply for those travelling in a vehicle with less than 4 people in it

PASSOUTS will be from 9pm til 6am. There is a cloakroom at the event so bring a bag and check it in, in case it gets a little cold. There will be 1 pass-out per person only and wristbands will be done on the way in. If you don’t have a wristband on you wont be able to get in without buying a new ticket. Tampering with your wristband in anyway is at your own risk.

CAMPING is still provided. Rest up after the gig and have sleep til 1pm Sunday or so. No fires are permitted due to extreme high Fire Danger periods in place by the CFA. Camping is on the right hand side only of the main driveway. No sound systems, fires, fireworks or unsavoury behaviour please. No parking in camping area. Toilets provided. Stay in Ballarat, book a hotel (10 mins away) and make a weekend of it. Try the BALLARAT TOUR INFORMATION CENTRE on 1 800 44 66 33. Please take your rubbish with you or use the bins provided. Please respect the environment at all times...

DRUGS, ALCOHOL AND OTHER STUFF (WATER, FOOD ETC...)
Drugs are not permitted. Strict searches will be conducted on entry as per usual. Due to GHB use no bottles or liquid substances at all will be permitted into and out of the venue. Free drinking water is available at the tanker near the main arena toilets.

MERCHANDISE is strictly limited and is available now from the main bar and merchandise tent. Keep an eye out and get in early before it sells out (usually by 1am or so).

EVENT DETAILS

Doors open 5PM til 7AM. This IS AN OVER 18s EVENT. ID is REQUIRED. ROAR

Join the carnival atmosphere as we continue the turbo-shuffle dancefloor, night firefly market, licensed bars, multiple stages and more with production and visual enhancements never before seen at the castle. Décor by Sil, Hardware, Smile Police, Shrooms and Gracie.

HOW TO GET THERE

Drive safely, stay alive and we’ll see you next time...

Take the Westgate Freeway from the city. Turn off and take the Ring Road to Western Hwy. Once you reach the Western Hwy take this exit (from Ring Road) and head to Ballarat. Total travel time is 70 minutes. There’s no rush, take your time however BE EARLY to avoid any road hassles (?).

BUS SERVICE

A return bus service will now take place from Ballarat Station to the venue departing at 6:45pm for the castle and from the castle Sunday morning to Ballarat Station at 7:15am. To reserve a seat you need to go to www.hardwarecorp.com.au and reserve a spot. Seats for the bus close FEBRUARY 20TH 6pm.

The Southern Cross Station VLINE train to Ballarat departs at 16:08 (arrives 17:27) and 17:08 (arrives 18:27) and the train on Sunday morning back to Southern Cross Station departs at 08:05 (arrives 09:20).

TICKETING...

We’ve worked hard on raising the bar with Kryal. So expect better punch for your buck. As the overall event will feel different, so will your pocket...

Bus Tickets
On sale now only from
www.hardwarecorp.com.au

Uber Early bird (limited to 500)
$55+BF
on sale now until stocks last from
www.hardwarecorp.com.au and www.killrockstar.com.au
Ticketek 132 849 (phone sales and ALL Victorian outlets)
Central Station City 9642 5744
Click n Drag St Kilda 9534 0859
Mighty Music Machine Chapel 9827 4753

Full Price
$65+BF
www.hardwarecorp.com.au
www.killrockstar.com.au
Ticketek 132 849 (phone sales and ALL Victorian outlets)
Central Station City 9642 5744
Click n Drag St Kilda 9534 0859
Glue Highpoint 9318 7277
Glue QV Building 9650 7764
HMV Chadstone 9564 7588
HMV Dance Dept Bourke 9654 8533
Inacoma Clothing Ringwood 9879 4944
Inacoma Clothing Fitzroy 9416 1020
Kandy Clothing Frankston 9769 6820
Mighty Music Machine Chapel 9827 4753
Ministry of Style Fitzroy 9419 4952
New Gen. Clothing Ballarat 5333 2444
New Gen. Clothing Bendigo 5443 2300

More info

www.hardwarecorp.com.au
www.killrockstar.com.au

FLYER..
http://clept.net/uploads/forums/universe-07-a.jpg

LOL!!!!!!! HEIL =), but Hardware has been rubbish for years putting on overpriced shit parties.

What to doooooooooooooooooooooooo :O ?????????

Hi iwik :D

welcome to bluelight :0 good thread. take a read of the guidelines and enjoy your stay ;)

any questions shoot myself, sonicnature or lil leecie an email :)

only 1 pass out for the night? that's gonna suck, a little inconsiderate to the drinkers who refuse to pay $7 for a fuckin beer

^yeah it sucks....but it's an obvious attempt to stop people from spending the entire night out in their cars doing drugs and what not....and given that the Ballarat hospital has had just about enough of kryal parties and their associated od's, i don't blame them :(

yeah, it's quite obvious what they're attempting to do, but it won't stop it..there'll just be bigger queues for the toilets this time

For various reasons the organisers may only let people have one pass out. I think its mainly to do with patron safety...eg: stopping people roaming from the sight or it may be to cut down on the amount substances consumed...who knows. Some events dont even allow pass outs.

I for one (in my mind) think it's more to do with patron safety than making people buy expensive drinks.

Here is an updated lineup and set times - it's this weekend peeps!

A*S*Y*S
JAMIE BISSMIRE
RICHARD BARTZ (LIVE)
ZOMBIE NATION (LIVE)
BLUTONIUM BOY
BRYAN ZENTZ
GIUSEPPE OTTAVIANI (NU NRG) (LIVE)
PASCAL FELIZ
TARA REYNOLDS
HAKKA vs. TYDI
HELLRAISER

Hardware vs. Pharmacy [Plan9 From Outer Space!]
17:00 - 18:00 Mike Callendar
18:00 - 19:30 9th Insight (Master KAOS vs LCK)
19:30 - 20:30 Dave Pham
20;30 - 21:30 BRYAN ZENTZ (USA)
21:30 - 22:30 RICHARD BARTZ LIVE (GER)
22:30 - 00:00 JAMIE BISSMIRE/SPACE DJZ (UK)
00:00 - 01:00 ZOMBIE NATION LIVE (GER)
01:00 - 02:00 GIUSEPPE OTAVIANNI LIVE (ITA)
02:00 - 03:30 A*S*Y*S (GER)
03:30 - 04:45 Hellraiser
04:45 - 06:15 BLUTONIUM BOY (GER)
06:15 - 07:30 Richie Rich (sunrise set)

PHD vs KANDY Shuttle
20:00 - 21:00 Ben Kakoshke vs Benny Drohan
21:00 - 22:00 Karpe DM
22:00 - 23:00 NFX (LIVE)
23:00 - 24:00 Otek vs Dr Willis
24:00 - 01:30 Tara Reynolds (UK)
01:30 - 02:30 Tonka vs T2
02:30 - 04:00 Soul T
04:00 - 05:30 Pascal Feliz (HOLL)
05:30 - 06:30 Scott Alert

Smile Police Airlock
20:00 - 21:00 BexXxy vs Xpression
21:00 - 22:00 Miss 88
22:00 - 23:00 Squiddy vs Josh O
23:00 - 24:00 Rachael Price
24:00 - 01:00 Sunshine Bunny
01:00 - 02:00 Raving Alco vs Garthy Garth
02:00 - 03:00 Ben Jackson vs Rancid
03:00 - 04:00 Miss Piggy vs St Luke
04:00 - 05:00 Sikbitch
05:00 - 06:00 Dex vs 6Head Slug

Electronic Highway
21:00 - 22:00 Christian Vance
22:00 - 23:00 Simon Slieker
23:00 - 24:00 Cecile
24:00 - 01:00 James Rudd vs Sam McEwin
01:00 - 02:00 Dallas Raft
02:00 - 03:30 Simon Coyle
03:30 - 05:00 BRYAN ZENTZ (USA)
05:00 - 06:30 Ben Cromack

BACK2OURS vs Soundtrack Saga
22:00 - 24:00 Ruckus
00:00 - 01:30 Mike Hunt
01:30 - 03:00 Luke MCD
03:00 - 04:30 Scotty Spinamore
04:30 - 06:00 Kid Suicide vs Elysium

The Teleport
22:00 - 23:30 Savatage vs Micro
23:30 - 00:30 Reka
00:30 - 01:30 Orpheus
01:30 - 03:00 Krazy Dan vs Peaka
03:00 - 04:00 Syz-mix
04:00 - 05:00 Pakman
05:00 - 06:00 Smeagol

=D

awesome night! not as many people but there were ambulances in and out all night..
please don't wreck kryal for us all you G-whores who love to g-out.

I saw 4 people get stretchered out by the ambos and the stone maze that I wanted to take my mates in was closed off because someone OD'ed in there. Funniest thing was that the St John's guys were taking them into that room with all the old medical equipment; it even had a mock up of a surgery with mannequins. The asian looking one with the knife freaked me out when I was sober so I can imagine how freaked out the people would be.

Apparently the g-heads have destroyed kryal for everyone....inconsiderate lil' maggots :X

But yeah, other than that Kryal was quite decent, good to hear some techno again on the mainstage, Bryan Zentz rocked. Highlight of the night was Giuseppe Ottaviani, he played probably the best uplifting trance set i've heard in years (similar to pvd....but better). I didn't hang around to see the shitty el hardstyle :p

yep Giussepie rocked big time. I really dug the zombie nation dude doing some wierd and strange things too.
About the maze, i was there when a section of a wall close to the middle of it tumbled. And no it wasnt my fault!! some people were sitting on or leaning against the bricks and they toppled.. was freaky as considering the state of mind most of us were in 8o
Too bad about the G heads, saw a girl drop on the mainstage dancefloor around 10-11pm, allways very distressing to see. Other then that it was a good night!:)

groova said:
Apparently the g-heads have destroyed kryal for everyone....inconsiderate lil' maggots :X

But yeah, other than that Kryal was quite decent, good to hear some techno again on the mainstage, Bryan Zentz rocked. Highlight of the night was Giuseppe Ottaviani, he played probably the best uplifting trance set i've heard in years (similar to pvd....but better). I didn't hang around to see the shitty el hardstyle :p

i totally agree.

Zombie nation was so much fun to dance to AND WATCH ! and got me in a really good mood.

Then Giuseppe Ottavianni took me and my girl friend to heaven - i have not been that high and happy on a dance floor for many many years - just so much fucking fun !

then i (and my girl friend, and 2 other friends) wanted to go home at 4 but one selfish person in our 5 person car ride did not want to go until 7 so all 4 of us had to wait until nearly 7 and the hard style totally brought me down and down and down until i was in a bad mood at 7, and totally distroyed the magic of 12-2am - so that is the very last time i go to a pharmacy related event as it is way too dark and negative for me - all those people need therapy - ALOT of therapy and maybe some SSRI's or Lithium to get there head balanced, and maybe then they would start liking happy music.

until then unhappy music is going to rule the rave scene.

and I loved Bryan Zentz set - deep slow techno was such a great way to start a rave night - even my girl friend who does not like techno liked it !

I went to heaven (Giuseppi), and then few hours later fell down to hell (hellraiser, blutonium boy). WHAT A CRAZY NIGHT !

But a good night over all.

People who abuse G at events like this are so selfish. Wait till you get home to kill yourselves. Assholes. I hope KC can continue to be used.

~~~~~~~This is from the Organizers~~~~~~~

Howdy all. Please make sure you all thank anyone you know who took G at Universe over the weekend. Thanks to their hard work their will be no more passouts at our events- welcome to Sydney. While you're at it, keep your fingers crossed- there may not even be another Kryal Castle.

fcking disgusted.

^^^

Fuckin G heads. Honestly can't see the point of getting that fuckd up that all you can do is slump on a seat in your own little G'd out state. I've been turned off these events because of it. The mood at these events has altered a lot from what it was only a few years ago...

I'm glad I didn't attend this event. I find that the day events such as Summadayze and Future Fest have a much better crowd. I suppose it comes with the music. The electro/house crowd are much nicer IMO.

The news of this at Universe has convinced me that I have well and truly attended my last Kryal event.

thats great, really great8) :X

oh well, it always takes one dickhead to wreck it for everyone doesnt it. i knew this would happen.

How come it seems to always attract attention at Ballarat.. Well more then other's.. Besides the last 2T