• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

~Melb - Armin Van Buuren (White Party) @ Vodafone Arena - June 10th REVIEWS +photos!!

Hmmm, I'll be the first to say - i was actually a bit disappointed.

I've seen Armin a few times... the last two times were in NY where he played at Crobar for similar length sets. The sets in NY were, in my opinion, a lot more driving and pumping... The perfect mix of the melodic trance, classic anthems and the more harder trance - that kept the crowd rocking. I just found myself for much of the night - just waiting for 'something to happen'...

Also - while the laser show was unbelievable for Armin's closing tracks - why did they save this till the end? I would have loved to have seen that throughout the night!

oh well..

Also - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - I saw a nasty accident when coming home from the party. I had to call 000 and an ambulance, police and fire were called. I know at least one person was from Armin as I could see a band on his hand.. the other person (the driver) - i'm not sure about.

I'm also not sure whose fault it was as I missed the accident and ran up the road when I heard the bang.

I was also off my chops and left pretty much as soon as I saw the police arrive ;)

Once again, if you are coming home from parties and you are wasted - do the right thing and catch a cab or public transport...

friskk said:
Once again, if you are coming home from parties and you are wasted - do the right thing and catch a cab or public transport...

I will second that. Me and my followers ;) all got the train in and out from croydon and ringwood. There was loads of other people doing it. On the way out we saw an idiot of a driver in a done up ute doing a fishy tail up swan st. They had just been to AVB. In his attempt to be cool he nearlly fishy tailed into the other side of the road with on comming traffic and also the barrier. It left me with a shit feeling "of what a fucking idiot" and he could of injured not just him but the others in his ute (which looked overloaded with people) and the innocent drivers on the other side.

I had an awesome time...but im going to wait till tmw to do my review on it. Bu for now...holy crap!!! =D

^^^^
Indeed. What an awesome night.

Whole body hurts atm. Will review tomorrow.
But for now....
Closing song "As the rush comes" by Motorcycle - omg. amazing.

kryalkastleE said:
But for now....
Closing song "As the rush comes" by Motorcycle - omg. amazing.

He played Smack My Bitch Up at the sydney show. I <3 Mototcycle, wish it had've been that!

katmeow said:
He played Smack My Bitch Up at the sydney show. I <3 Mototcycle, wish it had've been that!

he played that awesome remix of smack my bitch up at the melb show too... about 5 tracks before he finished. gawd that was mental!

what a fantastic night, awesome set up, great crowd and awesome friends (you know who u are:p ) :) this party completely blew my expectations out of the water...

no complaints except for the place being a little *too* packed at the start of the night and the fright from the 30+ cops and 5+ sniffer dogs our the front checking the masses as they arrived to get in the gates of vodafone arena.

Highlight... Agnelli & Nelson - Everyday =D

Despite still being flu'ish and all mellow I still really enjoyed the night

Getting a cab to stop with 2 very wet ninjas in tow was somewhat of a challenge though

I absolutely loved it.......all my friends came out of the woodwork for this one and not one single complaint. The vibe was really good for a party of that size, the decor & production was amazing and Armin played just how i wanted.....dropping some really good classics like heaven scent, binary finary, seven cities & synaesthesia & of course that crazy remix of 'smack my bitch up', yet he played some awesome fresh material too.

Couldn't have asked for a better night really, so good that i don't really feel i need to go out again for quite some time.

m4dd0g said:
Despite still being flu'ish and all mellow I still really enjoyed the night

Getting a cab to stop with 2 very wet ninjas in tow was somewhat of a challenge though

It was awesome to meet you. Even though I was stuffed and physically exhausted from being sick the last two weeks and sat down most of the time I was net to you.

Where do i start...

I had an amazing night. Full of faces I hadnt seen in a while and mixed with awesome music from one of my favourite dj's and lights etc it was spectacular. I struggled with the heat and capacity of the crowd for the first half of the night but when i joined Pop and Duckyboy and the rest on the landing furthur up (nose bleed section) there was plenty of room and cool air I was quite happy. The view from up there was breath taking. I didnt dance as much as I would of liked to but being sick for two weeks didnt allow my body to have the energy.

Armin was amazing. Totally blew my expectations out of the water. Perfect blend of old classics and new stuff. The crowd was very well behaved. I think it made a difference having everyone all dressed in white/attempt to dress in white. There was no segregation with styles of people and attitudes were left at home. The 40 or so cops outside were interesting to watch work. I didnt know they searched people on the foot path infront of everybody...They had a guy stripped down to his shorts lol. In general I thought everyone was very well behaved.

The lights were awesome and the dancers on the stage were pretty good to. I loved the way they used shillouttes for a lot of the dancig. it made it more interesting.

Armin is just soooooo cuuuute...specailly when he holds his arms out to the side, jumps up and down and flaps his hands about like he's flying. So cute =D

Props to kryal, iamtha1, insomnia, duckyboy, pop, cotb and maddog for the chats and hugs :D

I took lots of photos so im not going to upload all of them so im going to post a few select ones in here..

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

...there's a bunny in the crowd...

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

...from the landing near the roof...

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

Last edited:
Those photos are awesome Starfalls, that second photo l reckon I would have been standing within meters of you :) was such an awesome night!!!

I'm with Friskk - a lot of it was a bit slow and a bit too cheesy for my liking.
THere just weren't enough driving tunes to really get the crowd revved up... a lot of the time a good proportion of the crowd was just standing there nodding their heads; very unlike a melbourne event!
That said, i had a fun night, caught up with a bunch of people i hadn't seen in ages, and heard a lot of classics that made the night worthwhile.

Duckboy said:
a lot of the time a good proportion of the crowd was just standing there nodding their heads; very unlike a melbourne event!

Sydney show was exactly like this too.

Okay so i had a great night, but for me it was kind of one i wish i could do-over.

Arrived at about 11.30ish to find a massive que that actually moved really quickly, and headed up to the arena to find it absolutely packed. The people all in a sea of white was absolutely amazing, and the music was pumping, and armin made a grand entrance when he came on, and we danced our little butts off!

After an excellent start and mingling and meeting up with some bluelighters and having some awesome chats we went to the nosebleed section to join the obviously designated bluelight area. The view was amazing and armin was pumping out some awesome tunes, for me i really thought the crowd got right into it.

At around 3am i started to feel kind of sick so i got some air and continued to kidn of wander and make a fool of myself until about 4.30 when i just completely said fuck it! i dont care if i feel sick im gonna go dance! So we made our way down onto the floor and had a boogie which was awesome, and heard him close - oh my god he finished with motorcycle "As the rush comes" - my fave song ever!!!
Some highlights also was smack my bitch up remix and heaven scenet (and of course 7 cities) i thought he did go rather hard at teh end, and i would have liked to see more a finale but hey i was happy.
I had a great night mingling some peeps i havent seen in ages, but it completely sucked that i was sick (and i was only drinking!!!) but i have had the flu now all week, and been sick all week so i guesstaht answers my question.
I wish i could have done over, danced more, laughed more and talked more, but i guess you acnt have it all.
Armin was fabulous and it was a good night, just wish it had have been a little better!

I wish i could go do Armin again (in more ways than one) the night was amazing and i am still getting tingles when I remember it. But like kryal I had been sick for two weeks so i didnt dance or do as much fun stuff as i would of liked to. But the music was good, company good so that was the positives.

:)