Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] 33&1/3 Breakbeat BBQ @ Espy [REVIEWS]:: NYD2006

<3

Duckboy said:
1/3 of my house is going. between you and me we just need to find 32 1/3 more houses and we can host a rebel 33 1/3 house party!!
^Hahahaaaa'. :). Love it. Hoorah for the intellegent discerning masses of Melbourne and BL all combining for an orgy of sound - - - can't. Wait.

Tockets purchased and i am rather excited. Just wondering if anyone know's what the deal is with the bbq? is this included in the ticket price? anyone know what time it starts?

cheers. y'all.

Wicked sound!!!!

unfortunately had to leave early due to sick girlfriend :(

Saw ILS though :)

It was off the hook...=D AND I GOT A BREWSTER CD!!

*giggles like a school-girl* ;)

Agreed, Fresh frickin caned it. I was dancing hard for the whole time he played. Also awesome were ILS, and Splitloop. Stanton warrior's ser was incomparable, and there was some tasty DnB to be had downstairs too.

I will def be returning to this next year it was just right on so many levels.
Watching a gorgeous sunset from the balcony of the espy was wonderful too.

<3

What a truly amazing event... everything just seemed to fit perfectly.

The music was awesome - - - very impressed with Splitloop, Alias and a few noteable others.

The crowd was pumped and full of genuine smiles. Only one fucktard to mention [whom I had conveniently ejected from the venue ;)] and no issues with space or common courtesies.

The venue was surprisingly appropriate for something like this - - - the masses of rooms, corridors and staircases that seemed to appear out of nowhere made walkies all very cool.
The main room was packed out but not uncomfortably so, and despite having blisteringly hot water coming out of the taps in the bathrooms the bar-tenders were kind enough to provide veritable buckets of iced water upon request. :).

The biggest stand-out moment for me was watching Dave Pham - - - as a looooot of you already know. ;). It's not often I'm a fan-girl, heh'.
I not only spoke with the man as he pumped out some amazingly tight tracks, but I had a photo taken with him [!!!] and I fetched him an ice-water which he drank.

The whole set was flawless - not that I'd expect anything else - - - and I almost fell over when I heard the lilting sounds of Royskopp - Only This Moment. That would have to be one of my all-time favourite rave moments. :).
Just standing there in the opressive heat of a tiny little room surrounded by Dave's deep crafted sounds next to my boy - - smiling like a fool. Amazing.

PS.
Everyones favourite event reviewer has posted this on In The Mix. :).

Last edited:
^ Shay, your ability to describe an event surpasses no other ;)

Shame i didnt see u there though.. maybe next year!! :)

Great to hear the locals getting props.. bring on the Melb talent!!!!!!

ummm, Don B and Brewster were insane.......i was dancing like a headless chicken throughout the whole two sets, few knobs around but overall a really top notch event.

groova said:
few knobs around but overall a really top notch event.

unfortunately event organisers haven't figured out a way of only selling tickets to "cool" people. Maybe a personality test with each ticket purchase would help. But then again the results would be inacurate as they probably wouldn't be off-guts with three days sleep dep at the time of purchase. But then again they might be :\

Yep what a great event. How do ppl think it compared with last years?
I thought the line up wasnt quite as good, but the venue with all its newly developed rooms was a real hit. Nothing like ducking down from all the madness to grab a bowl of hotchips :p
I think i poked out a few ppl's eyes at Fresh's Set. Half the set i was in mid air lol! Absolutly ripped it up.
was impressed with the Stanton warrior too, altho i have seen them a few times, they never seem to get into what they are playing, Fresh actually enjoyed himself. Dom just stood there and nodded.
neways keep it real peeps can't wait for next years!:D

It was a good day, with a good vibe.
I would of prefered the main stage to be in the gershwin room. More room for dancing and acting like a freak in the dark. Also, it was a cooler in that room.
Temperature wise.
Hehehe