• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] - 06/12/08 Entheogenesis Australis 2008 Symposium – Melbourne University

Each year EGA changes me in ways I couldn't have even possibly comprehended just a few days before =D

Even compared to my 'furiously searching Erwoid/ Lycaeum/ anywhere else for drug infomation days' - have I ever learnt so much - in such a short period of time. To be able to openly discuss drug use from EVERY perspective, with hundreds of other like minded people with SO much essential knowledge to share, is a VERY rare thing. To be able to do this - and not be charged thousands of Euro's for the privilege - is an even rarer thing.

Psychologist friends who have only ever touched pot once or twice have been just as blown away by EGA as people who are known to indulge on a fortnightly basis.

If you've ever been interested in psychoactive substances/drugs from more than a 'lets get wasted' perspective, then get yourself to EGA. =D

Damn this sounds so cool. I'm definitely going to have to go next year, can't really find the time or money for this one though. :\

Any chance any of the talks will be transcibed or recorded and made available by the speakers at any stage? :D Interesting topics but I'm on the wrong side of Australia and broke.

Hitchhike if you have to, but get yourself to Melbourne with enough money for a ticket and the universe will take care of the rest =D Every year i hear of the most amazing journies people have embalked on just to get to EGA - last year a guy came over from south america on a compleate whim, after hearing about EGA from a fellow traveller. It must have made quite an impression on him as he's now saving to bring a group of 6 from his tribe next time!

As for if the talks will be recorded, it is possible, but in all honesty, nothing compares to being able to pick the brains of a practicing shaman who has be fostering his art for the past 30-odd years. Such conversations and uderstandings can hardly be captured in some scribbled notes or crackly audio.

The Final 2008 EGA speaker announced

Richard King - 'Taking it to the Man - Mainstreaming the Earth sacraments'

Richard King has always felt an abiding connection to the natural world. His background is in apiculture. Richard observes that honeybee with 100 million years of experience knows more about maintaining the ancient (& now shredded) ‘Contract with Nature’ than modernism ever knew!

In the mid 1960's when “Haight was Love” he visited San Francisco. This experience had a profound & abiding effect upon his life. He immediately recognised that the Counter Culture was presciently pointing western society to the recovery of its lost co-operative tribal values. These survival values have been trodden underfoot in our heedless careen into soulless materialism. Richard is overjoyed that that these life-affirming values are alive and well and finding their expression through our entheogenic and sister communities.

Richard is a life-long student of pre-pagan Originary Tradition shamanism. He is founder of ‘An Comhaltas Celtia Og’ & ‘Thórr’s Shield & Forge’ pagan religions (in the religioning, [re-connecting] not the blind-faith sense of the word religion.) Thórr’s risk-reduction Bliss Bays operate at Dance Party Festivals as a service to the community. Thórr Shield Delightenment draws upon Neolithic shamanic tech.

Richard is a supporter of Deep Reconciliation. Deep Reconciliation is genuine reconciliation. It is union (with the with the help and blessing of Aboriginal elders & the spirit of Australia’s native entheogen ‘Wattlewaska’) with the spirits and founding ancestral cultures our sacred land. Settler society has managed to spend 200 years here without bothering to learn the house rules!

The holy wattle, our green & gold, is the binding motif & floral emblem of the Commonwealth’s Coat of Arms. Richard’s dream is to see Wattle Day transformed into national Wattlewaska ceremonies honouring our land and the First Australians. Richard feels that, though it may take generations, Wattlewaska (Somacacia) and other powerful Earth Sacrament ceremonies will help repair the Dreaming and the Song Lines in those places where they are now in disrepair.

EGA 2008 Panel Topic - "harm reduction - balance, information and practical methods for safer usage when experimenting with the ethnobotanicals."
:)

Well only a couple of days till EGA now, and running hot.

Over 200 people will be in attendance from all around oz and even from overseas tickets where sold to people from NZ and London, that is fantastic, good to see people are still interested the conference even if it is indoors. Internet Tickets close tonight at midnight so get to it people.

From then on they can be acquired in person up until the 5 of Dec ;

Melbourne - The Happy Herb Shop
317 Smith Street Fitzroy Vic Ph 03 94191277

Melbourne - Hippy Heaven
1/186 Barkly Street St. Kilda Vic Ph 03 9534 9361
:D

That was awesome. I learnt so much. My only complaint was that Torsten Wiedemann's lecture was cut short. He was amazing, I want to learn about Iboga. Seems like it could really help me.

Thanks for an amazing conference! I learnt a lot and it was great to have that kind of atmosphere around me... the speakers came from a diversity of background and perspectives, which made for an interesting set of ideas :)

Definitely think you should go with David's idea and host the presentations on the EGA site, should the authors give permission to do so of course.

Definitely think you should go with David's idea and host the presentations on the EGA site, should the authors give permission to do so of course.

Yep this has been done before and will be done again sometime

very good to see BL come out for the event, so happy you got a lot from the long day.

remember next year we will be back in the trees, and trust me this is 10 times better=D

In Plant We Trust

Well this has been my first proper day off after the event as I had to just head strait back in to the Xmas Madness.

But I just so wanted to send out a warm thanks to everyone that help make this event possible, from the organizers, speakers, helpers and to the community behind it. It was an astounding day and then plant meet. As with every EGA to date it was a massive experiment but as with the EGA before it found its feet about 4h in. I will post more soon but I just wanted to send our thank you ripple out across the pool.

And See you in the Trees next year for the 4 day intergalactic extravaganza
:)

In Plants We Trust
;)

Thanks for checking back in Ronny and I look forward to checking out the presentations when/if they're made public.

Hopefully next year more of us will be able to make it and learn from some of the great minds surrounding the 'intergalactic extravaganza'. :)