• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Melatonin

I find B12 is pretty good for B-vitamin effect, and its effectiveness/dose ratio is much better, measured in micrograms, and so very easily taken sublingually. Actually, its doses are so small, it could be put on blotters if one so chosed to do so... B vitamins + melatonin, much like B's + 5-HTP. I find, ime at least, can cause nausea though. :\

You don't want more than 1mg melatonin. .3mg is enough. If you flood your melatonin receptors, even though it will work fine at first, you will cause receptor downregulation, and get rebound insomnia after a few days. Apparently there is a brand that sells .3mg melatonin.

However, melatonin is more useful in old people whose pineal gland is calcified. They actually have a deficit of melatonin. Younger people, even those with insomnia usually have normal levels of melatonin.

However, most is over 1mg because doses over that are not patented. Doses under 1mg are.

if you overdo it, you'lll probably have a headache when you wakie up. 3mg I would suggest is a max for a normal sleep aid unless you have problems.
Try 5htp, it's just a precursor to melatonin and I've found it to be a bit more effective plus apparently helping with rebuilding seratonin reserves.

Can you mix 5htp and melatonin?

And what about melatonin and valerian?

would melatonin help me sleep on a speed comedown similar to the one I am currently experiencing?

Ingested 3mg melatonin about 30mins ago, seem to be getting slightly sleepy. Plenty of yawning.

I take it once in a while and I must agree vivid dreams if you take two. I was taking 5mg GNC tabs. Sometimes it was hard to get up and get going in the morning.
Just a small fact:
Weird out of all drugs illegal its not illegal in the us but in European Union and New Zealand,[9] and the U.S. Postal Service lists melatonin among items prohibited by Germany.

marquee said:
Taking melatonin doesn't create tolerance... it should be effective indefinitely. Try at about 1mg.
that's true, if it is taken correctly. melatonin is NOT a sleeping pill that makes you sleep like zolpidem or something. it is meant to relax your body. like so you should take it a few hours before you go to bed and it might help you relax enough to fall asleep later. if you do that, you shouldn't develop a tolerance. however, if you take it with intentions of it knocking you out, you will. it might work at first, but you'll quickly have to up your dosage.

that being said, i take 1mg a night a bit before i go to bed. i think it helps, but i also take zolpidem. soo it's hard to say.

I took 3mg last night, I fely a bit yawny but then when I actually tried to sleep it didn't come as easy as I hoped.

It probably helped a bit though as I got to sleep at a reasonable time even though I'd slept quite late that day.

The combo of Valerian and Melatonin seems to work for me, usually fall asleep within an hour now, used to be at least 2-3 hours :|

Have to pay €10 for 30 of them tho, health insurance doesn't cover it here 8) :X