• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Melatonin enhances rewarding effects and lowers tolerance of Morphine

(I mean you can get bulk melatonin powder as well - I still have remnants of a 5 g bag that I didn't encapsulate because I was trying different doses. )

In terms of this thread I should mention that melatonin is prescription only in South Africa and some other places, which could be a limitation to some access/legality and should be noted. I think part of some comments and sources could be removed.

Yeah, it is interesting the variety in analgesic/anti-nociceptive vs. Proalgesic/nociceptive responses for pain modulation. How much would be 2nd to anti-inflammatory / anti-oxidant effects vs more direct pain factors

Last article was interesting.

Since melatonin may behave as a mixed opioid receptor agonist‐antagonist, it is doubtful that a physician simply could potentiate the analgesic efficacy of narcotics such as morphine by coadministering melatonin. Therefore, future research may synthesize highly efficacious melatonin analogues capable of providing maximum analgesia and hopefully being devoid of addiction liability now associated with currently available narcotics

Question would be viability depending on the type of pain. Probably neuropathic could benefit but I wonder

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, has anyone else played around with this since the last post?

True potentiation is my holy grail for opiates/opioids.