Melanotan Experience and Safety Profile

ElkHorn

Bluelighter
Considering running some melanotan as I approach desired BF. Interested in everyone’s experience with it and opinions on its relative safety.

I’ve found a handful of studies on it but the sample sizes were extremely small to the point where surveying users across a multitude of sites seems more reliable.

Issues for me were short-term nausea from the shot, medium-term elevation of heart rate and BP, and long-term the appearance/darkening of lots of freckles. There's a couple of threads touching on this in here somewhere.

Yeah dig through the threads. I've posted quite a bit about my experiences with mt2 as I've used it quite a few times over the last 6 years or so in various dosages of 100mcg/day to 1mg/day.

Thanks for your responses. I know it works well and have read up on the immediate sides, but I’m more interested in info on serious health risks such as increased risk of skin cancer. Should have been more clear.

I know what I’m asking for may not exist beyond a handful of anecdotal reports as I was looking recently.

I started this about 6 months ago.

Life changing for me - and I fully intend to run it, basically for the rest of muh life.

In terms of safety profile, I never experienced any side effects, at all, ever - but I tend to keep the dose fairly low.

I do get a lot more sun now but, the other side is, I take MUCH better care of my skin.
Drink carrot juice everyday, exfoliate once a week, moisturize regularly, and face and neck gets most attention with whatever topical treatments necessary - so if I get any blemishes, anything I'm not happy with - it gets tended to.

I never did this before using MT2, simply cause, I didn't really like my milky skin and just kept it covered most of the time.

Now I've got a lovely deep tan - that seriously makes the girls turn their heads (I'm stacked and ripped also though - might post in the bluelight nude thread soon, just for grins), plus, lifestyle - sunbath regularly, feel 100% better and more confident in myself.

Miracle drug, for me at least.

Long term, potential cancer etc?

My old man, like me, was milky, burned so easy in the sun.
Later life - case after case of skin cancer, melanoma etc
Needless to say he didn't use MT2.

Who knows the long term outcome - but I'm totally happy proceeding with it's use currently.

Why no FDA approval?
Well - the Ozzy equivalent of the FDA approved it in their county so, that's good enough for me.

PS - I only order it off Alibaba - straight from China. It all comes from there anyway, so cut out the middleman, and get a superior quality product for much cheaper.

Post a blurred face shot in the ped social thread unless you're looking for female attention lol

Where did you you read it's an approved drug? My research is telling me otherwise. It was briefly explored as a treatment for sexual dysfunction, and some small human trials were conducted, but then they stopped pursuing it for whatever reason.

Not to derail this thread and may make another but interested to hear what you guys have found to be the best or most effective skin care routine. Need to get up on that a little myself

I'd be interested to know as well. The only side effect ive never been able to fully manage is acne on my back. I can make it not as bad, but it's always there and i had perfect skin before cycling.

Wash frequently and use moisturizing body wash after exfoliating problem areas. Change bed sheets frequently and towels. I use chlorahexadine wash on problem areas as well as its a decent antimicrobial. Selsun blue and it's equivalents can be used with body wash as its a fairly decent antifungal. Covers all your bases essentially. Light lotion use after shower and patting skin dry. Preferably no fragrance or light fragrance to prevent any irritation. I posted my entire skin care routine in a thread somewhere that I used to do when my skin was bad.

I should try using lotion. I exfoliate with a salicylic acid bodywash and use benzoyl peroxide cream. It does a good job, and if flared up, i'm usually pretty clear by the morning. The problem is that it always gets irritated again in the gym when pressed up against benches and rubbing on my weight belt.

It was totally gone at points when i was tanning though, so hopefully when i start doing that with MT2 it'll dissipate again.