Melanotan 2 pharmacokinetics?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I can't find anything, enzyme reactions, inhibitions etc.

I'm dosing it concurrently with promethazine hydrochloride at night and, I'm 90% sure there's an interaction of some kind.

I couldn't find any enzyme interactions as, there's nothing really listed for either in terms of enzyme activity (or protein binding either, potentially?).

MT2 really needs FDA approval, it's a wonder drug for type 1 skins like me, but so little precise pharmacological and clinical info on it.

I'm gonna guess it mimics endogenous MSH at receptors. Though the melanocortin system is complex and we don't know all of its functions or how it works. For example, mt2 has been shown to cause body composition to remain leaner and also shown to increase insulin sensitivity. How, we don't know

Thank heavens, found the (what should have been an obvious) work around to this.

There's an interaction, no doubt.

Promethazine (anti-histamine) Tmax is 2 hours.

Dose prometh at 9 pm.

Wait 2 hours - dose MT2 at 11 pm.

Before I was only waiting 1 hour and it was messing up my sleep cycle entirely.
Wait until prometh at Tmax before dosing MT2 = 8 hours blackout sleep.

What's even more counter intuitive is that, dosing them too close together = insomnia, obstructed sleep.

Leaving adequate time in between dosing = MT2 seems to enhance the somnolence (sleep inducing effect) of promethazine and I get AWESOME sleep.

I tried MT2 for both sexual effects and for tanning a couple years ago. I coupled it with tanning bed use. Well. I got moles like crazy. Aggressive ugly ones that scared the crap out of myself and my doctor (who rightly or wrongly, only knew I was using a tanning bed). At least one was removed on his advice. Bad experience. FWIW, IDK what 'skin type' I am but I am 3/4 Scot 1/4 Czech mix with blue eyes.

So I have not used again. IMO a tanning bed has the plus of D production, general immune benefits, and aiding the immune system in a specific way by killing off skin bacteria. I had a MRSA diagnosis that tanning beds cured.
Whereas compare to UV light treatment, MT2 is strictly... risky vanity.

It was effective but extremely hit and miss, sexually. Lowish dose HGH had 60-65% as strong an effect with less medium term health risk. Sorry that's pretty precise, which isn't as accurate as I could be. Sometimes (first time trying it in 30-60 days seemed a factor) MT2 was remarkable as a libido enhancer and erectile enhancer. Other times it did less than nothing. I got flushed, then... headache and felt kind of icky. So HGH was less mentally effective, than a 'good' MT2 dose- maybe 20% as good. But 100% of the time it worked. As for erections, HGH gave me "sleep of the dead" which was probably a big factor in libido boost and it ended up giving a really good result- 70+% as good as MT2- for ED.

^^ What does of MT2 were you using?

Flushing and side effects sounds like 500+ mcg?

I'm also maintaining that higher dose can also implicate hair loss and hair follicle effect in certain folk;

Hair thinning and weakening that seems resistent to conventional treatment like DHT blockers, finasteride etc. according to that thread.

I started a vial of MT2 recently I had in the freezer un-constituted, but had it from Jan of 2020.

Now being almost May of 2021 that makes it 15 months old.

I'm 90% sure it's simply not as strong as normal.

I say that because my facial hair normally goes JET black on this stuff, but now it turns the stubble black, but when the hair grows out it remains fair.

I'd read powder peptides were "hardy" and etc etc but, as far as I can tell, from being super potent initially, potency has taken a heavy hit over the course of 1 year+ in the freezer.

I started a vial of MT2 recently I had in the freezer un-constituted, but had it from Jan of 2020.

Now being almost May of 2021 that makes it 15 months old.

I'm 90% sure it's simply not as strong as normal.

I say that because my facial hair normally goes JET black on this stuff, but now it turns the stubble black, but when the hair grows out it remains fair.

I'd read powder peptides were "hardy" and etc etc but, as far as I can tell, from being super potent initially, potency has taken a heavy hit over the course of 1 year+ in the freezer.
I am using a vial that I had left in the fridge still dry from last summer (approx 10 months old). Still as potent as it was then. Facial hair has been jet black for a couple weeks now

I am using a vial that I had left in the fridge still dry from last summer (approx 10 months old). Still as potent as it was then. Facial hair has been jet black for a couple weeks now

Using at 500 mcg or thereabouts?

Using at 500 mcg or thereabouts?
Yup yup. Darkened at pretty much the same rate. 500mcg 5x per week on tanning days. Couple days off to give my skin a break and let my face catch up a bit as I cover my face in tanning beds. 2 days per week I used UV-B beds while the other 3 are 60/40 uv-a/UV-B beds to get a better color with less redness. The tan comes on a bit slower at first but then it's very substantial and deep and rich in color