⭐️ Social ⭐️ Melanotan 2 effect on mood/personality?

What I describe in the quoted post is re pure mt2.

The fucked up mt2, I don't know, even at 25 mcg, that elicited weird side effects.

I never got pro-sexual effects off mt2 at all, or maybe it's just that I've been blasting it at 1 mg per day for months I've developed tolerance?

The contaminated mt2 just makes me horrible and lethargic, who knows what went into the synthesis process - I'm sure there was a reason I was able to get 10 vials for 20 pounds - they probably wanted to clear out low quality stock?

It seems even 100 mcg of pure/clean mt2 is too much, at least as of this morning.

Bummer.
What are the side effects of 100mcg of mt2 for you of the good stuff?

What are the side effects of 100mcg of mt2 for you of the good stuff?

As of today, right now?

Mild cognitive absence/impairment (bear in mind this is cognitive impairment relative to optimal cognition as the benchmark).

Mild anxiety.

Mild sense of malaise.

And general feeling of "icky'ness".

All dose dependent;
i.e. those effects were more profound at higher doses.

Goal is to determine dose where they're negligible/absent.

Will be 25 to 50 mcg.

BUMMER!!

I'm actually going into a mild depression over this shit.

50 mcg last night is still too much.
Cognitive impairment is my biggest concern, and even at that dose, it's not negligible.

Gonna take tonight off, then try 25 mcg tomorrow, and if that doesn't work - kill myself (lol, j/k).
(edit: tried 25 mcg subQ, still intolerable).

Alternatives at this point are:

- Try melanotan 1, very difficult to acquire with results that are purportedly inferior to mt2

- Maybe try a different ROA like nasal spray?

- Possibility of oral administration?

Paper containing info on oral ROA:

The subcutaneous route of injection of MT-II was selected due to the poor bioavailability of only 4.6% for an oral MT-II dose administered to rats (22)

Last edited:
May be slightly early to say but, I dosed 250 mcg via nasal spray 1 hour and 15 minutes ago.

First thing is - MT2 never gave me erectile enhancement, not even close.

I just never got that effect.

And the aforementioned compromises in cognitive state (all when SubQ).

As of the last 30 minutes, I've been laid here and (this information is for clinical purposes exclusively), I've gotten this series of raging spontaneous boners.

The cognitive assessments I normally run through to determine potential impairment after a chemical reaches Cmax are thus far negative as in - skies are blue and there's clear sailing.

Might be early to say this is problem solved but, certainly encouraging.

Quick shout out to Tom from Direct-Peptides UK/Pro-peptides for advising re nasal ROA strategy to preclude MT2 related side effects (dropped them an e-mail, they got back quickly with this recommendation).

Last edited:
I'm also curious in relation to the preclusion of the side effects re ROA,

The results obtained show that i.v., but not intranasal, administration of MT-II markedly induced Fos expression in magnocellular neurones of the supraoptic (SON) and paraventricular nuclei (PVN) of the hypothalamus,

Because previous studies showed that SON oxytocin neurones are inhibited in response to direct application of melanocortin agonists, the actions of i.v. MT-II are likely to be mediated at least partly indirectly, possibly by activation of inputs from the caudal brainstem, where MT-II also increased Fos expression.

So, Fos expression seems to be consistent with neural depolarization, thus identification of Fos increase = oxytocin neural stimulation.

That abstract alludes to an indirect mechanism, but what's most important from my POV is that oxytocin stimulation does not occur with intra nasal use (at least in rat brains).

As no increase in Fos expression was found in nasal ROA thus no increase in oxytocin expression.

And in my case that precludes cognitive altering side effects....

SO-IT-WOULD-promo.png

Last edited:
This thread is blowing my fucking mind
So you mean to tell me there is a drug that gives you a tan and makes you not have autism?
Maybe I need to read this again
My eyes are blurry from a medicine I'm on I can't be reading this right

This thread is blowing my fucking mind
So you mean to tell me there is a drug that gives you a tan and makes you not have autism?
Maybe I need to read this again
My eyes are blurry from a medicine I'm on I can't be reading this right
I'd say that's a bit of a stretch. I don't think there's any "cure for autism". Alleviating some of the symptoms, sure. I display quite a few traits of those on the spectrum (diagnosis wasn't a big thing in my childhood and adult diagnosis is iffy) and didn't have any real benefits from mt2.

As of today, right now?

Mild cognitive absence/impairment (bear in mind this is cognitive impairment relative to optimal cognition as the benchmark).

Mild anxiety.

Mild sense of malaise.

And general feeling of "icky'ness".

All dose dependent;
i.e. those effects were more profound at higher doses.

Goal is to determine dose where they're negligible/absent.

Will be 25 to 50 mcg.
It sounds like what happened to me which is every use the sides got worse until they were nearly unbearable!!!

So - update is I still have to dose it at night as it kind of wipes me during the day.

But that aside, all is still well.

Nasal spray 500 mcg each night, no side effects, no cognitive impairment.

Huge relief, hit the beach couple days ago, I can still get half naked, flex for the chicks whilst the admire my deep olive skin.

I believe preclusion of the oxytocin effect via nasal admin may - may be what's making the difference.

Oxytocin is like the social/love hormone, and responses I get is basically, I'm not as sociable and loving - like I outlined in the OP this time last year, it was excessive.

20th December - 2020:
I also noticed some interpersonal affects like, I was being friendly to the point of maybe being too friendly (sounds weird, but yeah, example - I'd start chatting to some lunatic street bum like we were mates etc, when normally I wouldn't really go out of my way to talk to those folk).

But that disposition was impacting my cognitive state in a way that obviously it should not have been.

Basically, nasal spray is awesome.

I wanted to note this as, it's kind of like an overall neural and disposition recalibration - as I've been getting that oxytocin rush every single day for years now, and now chemically, that entire side to my personality is gone.

I guess the nervous system needs to take some time to readjust to this.

Last edited:
I find super interesting your MT2 retrospectives. Please keep input them as you feel.

Im just starting MT2. Like 50 to 500mcs dose per week. I love the overall effect but I get that I just dont understand it fully yet... Maybe you need months to fully grasp all the plethora of changes and effects it has.

Also: do you think there´s a change in the quality/possible contamination of the last batch or the MT2 is ok but somehow is your body response changing to it?

I find super interesting your MT2 retrospectives. Please keep input them as you feel.

Im just starting MT2. Like 50 to 500mcs dose per week. I love the overall effect but I get that I just dont understand it fully yet... Maybe you need months to fully grasp all the plethora of changes and effects it has.

Also: do you think there´s a change in the quality/possible contamination of the last batch or the MT2 is ok but somehow is your body response changing to it?
I don't think we'll fully understand mt2 within our life time due to the complexity of the melanocortin system. Like we even see that the system is responsible to a degree of visceral fat deposition but we don't know "why" or "how". Or that we have data that shows that darker colored eye people have better reaction times than light colored eye people (dark eyes equate to higher melanin concentration). And I wouldn't be surprised if we find sub receptor types or that partial, full, or mixed agonists of those receptors yield different effects (think opioid receptors, estrogen receptors, etc). Part of me really wants to pursue this information in academia/research just because there is so much potential pharmacologically.

No, that last batch was contaminated as fuck.

I tried it again last night via nasal spray to be sure and same effects - delirium, pounding headache, malaise, generally feeling ill.

Awful shit + when I reconstitute it, normally mt2 melts immediately upon contact with water.
This would float around in clumps and take about an hour to fully dissolve in the bac water.

If anyone has access to testing I'm happy to post a vial(s) on, but I have 8 vials left

YNOjX8C.jpg

and they're going into the trash shortly, unless the vendor wants me to return them (just lodged a dispute on alibaba) for testing or something.

No, that last batch was contaminated as fuck.

I tried it again last night via nasal spray to be sure and same effects - delirium, pounding headache, malaise, generally feeling ill.

Awful shit + when I reconstitute it, normally mt2 melts immediately upon contact with water.
This would float around in clumps and take about an hour to fully dissolve in the bac water.

If anyone has access to testing I'm happy to post a vial(s) on, but I have 8 vials left

YNOjX8C.jpg

and they're going into the trash shortly, unless the vendor wants me to return them (just lodged a dispute on alibaba) for testing or something.
I had some ghrp that did that some years ago. I tossed it and never bought from the source again.

In relation to that bad batch above, I had all sort of questions so e-mailed Tom from ProPeptides UK again and he got back to me with this awesome comprehensive answer in relation to peptide synthesis, and what possibly went wrong with that specific batch:

Tom @ ProPeptides writes:
Generally, all peptides would be lyophilised inside the vial – this is for a few reasons, but mainly because it’s both the most accurate & simplest method.

It would be possible to synthesise the peptide, make it into a powder and then split into multiple vials but would be highly inaccurate and labour intensive, as well as unsanitary.

For modern peptide synthesis its helpful to understand some of the process;

1 – the peptide is synthesised, then isolated or otherwise purified.

2 – the peptide will either be in a solution of water at this point, or will be dissolved into water.

3 – based on the synthesis, we’ll know how much material we have, for example if it was a simple 10g microsynthesis, we’d have 10,000mg – enough to make 1000 vials at 10mg each.

4 – using this information, we’ll then know how much solution we need. For the sake of simplicity we’ll say we need 1L – and then each vial is 10mg/1mL.

5 – we’ll then fill 1000 vials with 1mL each, so every vial is identical.

6 – the rubber stopper is applied, and it goes into a machine called a lyophiliser – or ‘freeze drier’.

7 – this machine will both freeze the solution and create a vacuum to pull out the water vapour/ice.

8 – the vials are capped, and will be shelf stable & ready to use.

In pretty much all cases, we’re looking for the vial to be around ‘half full’ with perfectly formed powder – as keeping it this way means the solution hasn’t collapsed.

When looking at how full a vial is, it can be deceptive. Most of what looks like powder is actually air/vacuum, and only a tiny amount of powder in the matrix.

Being half full is ideal because it means the correct settings for temperature & vacuum were used.

Generally having a very tight puck at the bottom is a sign of incorrect temp and can damage the peptide.

During handling or shipping, it is possible for the vial to be shaken/knocked and the powder to break apart which is likely what you’re used to seeing. This doesn’t affect the peptide in most cases.

--

With that in mind, it may be the case with yours that it was lyophilised incorrectly, or it may be that they’ve started with less solution anyway – hard to tell from an image.

In terms of adulterants, it is possible but not often done. There’s a lot of talk on the internet of things like mannitol, but remembering what we said about the visual appearance of the vial mainly being air/vacuum, there’s little need for fillers as they can make the powder look as big or small as they need to.

It’s generally more likely an impure synthesis or damaged peptide causing the affects you feel.

We test all of our peptides, these would cover purity, active ingredient mass, and contaminants (although this is linked to purity, as the only contaminants in our vials would be an impure synthesis).

We only sell MT2 that is above 99.7% pure (the feasible maximum, the other 0.3% would be inert unsynthesised amino acids.

All of our testing is outsourced to 3rd party labs, usually testing around 10 vials from a 1000 vial batch.

Generally this is at a cost of ~£500 so not something we’d likely be able to line up for you for a single vial.
I believe there are groups on sites like Reddit that crowdfund testing from various Chinese suppliers – you may be able to see if they have information on your supplier, or if they’re looking to test your supplier and you can pay a share of the cost for the results.

Hours to dissolve is certainly odd, though. Is this the same peptide you’re not using nasally with no side effects?

Kind regards

Tom @ ProPeptides

So basically I attribute this to one bad batch and the probability of my having a repeat of this problem in future would seem very low, given the success I've always had with mt2.