⭐️ Social ⭐️ Melanotan 2 effect on mood/personality?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
The more I use this peptide, the more marveled I become by it - and more intrigued by effect of melanocortin receptor stimulation on outcomes I would have never considered related to a skin pigmentation cell.

There any number of studies and papers exploring this, relative to sociability in autism by example,

What is getting my attention more and more, is its actual affect on mood and sociability in general.

Initially I started dosing this at 500 mcg daytime (got insane tan), but also some sides like nausea etc.

I also noticed some interpersonal affects like, I was being friendly to the point of maybe being too friendly (sounds weird, but yeah, example - I'd start chatting to some lunatic street bum like we were mates etc, when normally I wouldn't really go out of my way to talk to those folk).

The other thing to bear in mind I guess is, MT2 is pyschoactive in some respects, MT 2 receptor expressed in certain brain regions?

But that's what was happening.

So I cut my dose way down, and started dosing it at night.
2 outcomes.

1) zero side effects
2) awesome sleep.

So I basically preload 10 syringes every 10 days, have a UV protected compartment in my fridge, and simply pin each night before I sleep - takes literally 5 seconds; and I do it, EVERY NIGHT.

When I skip a day, just to investigate the difference, my mood is DRASTICALLY different on those days (and I don't get the same knockout sleep).

I'm naturally a red head, not super red, but my facial hair grows out viking like in appearance - WITHOUT MT 2 (with high MT2 it's jet black, at 50 mcg it's reddish brown, no MT 2 it's fiery red).

Red heads, are known to have quick tempers.

I hadn't noticed this in myself ever before in my life, except now on days with I miss MT2 dose, I ABSOLUTELY notice I have a far quicker temper.

At the supermarket just now and I nearly snapped the head off this stumblebum cashier who kept bagging toilet products with edibles.

This simply doesn't happen on days I dose MT2 (it's been so long since I HAVEN'T dosed it consistently I can't even remember what my mood/temper was really like before this - I've become so accustomed to it's chilling out side effect).

Other thing about the 50 mcg dose being, I'm using direct from China product, which if you've experienced it, makes western MT2 pale in comparison in terms of effect/potency.

It still works great for tan despite the dose being so low, but in contrast I have used up to 250 mcg from western outlets and it was ineffective for tan.

I suppose important to note that in contrast to that specific dose - it's relative to product quality.

And with the Alibaba/China product additionally, I can't say I noticed a massive difference between low and high doses; I seemed to tan fairly equally well on any dose, really.

Difference between 100 mcg and 500 mcg spending all day in the sun was almost unnoticeable.

One of the reasons I started using MT2 in the first place was cause, I was getting pumped in the gym and had everything else taken care of in terms of image/appearance, so I was enjoying hanging out by the lake, at the beach, parks etc, in blatant terms, picking up chicks and enjoying how I could influence their responses to me based on appearance.

What I was missing at the time however was, golden glowing tan.

Tan on chicks is insanely hot to me so, I wanted to replicate that.

Point being - I think when you see someone with that golden tan, you immediately associate that image with someone kind of, sociable?

Someone clued into a sexualized appearance.

On some level, that mindset - a product of certain cellular function associated with Melanocortin activation - seems to lend itself to a the personality we conflate with the beach-God look;

Sexualized, hot, that kind of mood.

Without the MT2, it's like that gets taken away from my personality on days I don't dose it, and I become a cranky short tempered sumbitch (who would have no tan if that was my mood indefinitely, i.e. if the MC1 receptor was not sufficiently activated on a consistent basis.).

i.e. I actually feel like a biologically inferior specimen on days I don't pin.

So basically for me at least it feels like, just never miss a dose basically, lol.

Last edited:
I've also slightly rationalized this "red head" quick/short temper thing - treated with MT2 such that;

Low melanocyte activity = high UV sensitivity.

UV is electromagnetism.

Neurons and thus emotion/temper/personality/mood also function on the basis of electromagnetism.

So it's a quirky rationalization but, on a shallow level we could equate improved tolerance to UV radiation via MT2 use to = improved electromagnetic wave tolerance = improved emotional tolerance = more regulated temper.

i.e. red heads have a fiery temper due to low electromagnetic tolerance (burn easy in the sun).

This improves with MT2 use, thus their low temper tolerance also improves with MT2 use.

Which could perhaps explain why my personality/mood is more chilled/docile, whilst I use MT2, and days I take off from it - I get temperamental and sensitive.

I'm just gonna bump this as, my exploration with this remarkable chemical continues.

True story:

Last night I was in a sour horrible mood.
Didn't want to see anyone, be around people - just awful.

I hit 250 mcg MT2, within 30 minutes (tmax), my mood has had a dramatic turn around.

This may not apply to everyone as, like I outlined above, I am normally a fiery celt thus my predisposed mood/behavior may differ (perhaps more volatile, consistent with that base genetic state) from other MT2 users who use it to enhance tan, vs make it possible at all (the latter being the case with myself).

I don't necessarily think MT2 has anti-depressant properties, but it seems to have fairly emphatic effects on interpersonal mood/sociability etc.

As per the link in my blog, I'm currently implementing a method which I believe instates the optimal possible cognitive state, thus personality.

There's something just off with it at present however.

I'm also taking 15 mg mirtazapine at night to assist with sleep induction.

I believe it is that which is responsible for the personality/presentation "warping", as it were at present (optimal cognition or "upstream" activity/electricity, normally responsible for all subsequent "downstream" signaling, is being interfered with by the remeron).

So basically, MT 2 may be my saving grace currently.

Great thread, super interesting stuff. I'm interested in trying this too, it seems you can only use it when you inject it correct? Is sublingual not possible? As I'm currently struggling with opioids I'm hesitant to try and use something with a needle. I don't want to put myself in a position where I might be like "fuck it, I'll inject my opioids now". Can you give some info on how to know if you are ordering a legit product? I know we can't source here (does that go for MT 2 and other legal products too? or is MT 2 not legal?) Ordering from Alibaba sounds kinda shadey, personally I've never ordered anything there but I only hear about the quality of products being bad there...

Great thread, super interesting stuff. I'm interested in trying this too, it seems you can only use it when you inject it correct? Is sublingual not possible? As I'm currently struggling with opioids I'm hesitant to try and use something with a needle. I don't want to put myself in a position where I might be like "fuck it, I'll inject my opioids now". Can you give some info on how to know if you are ordering a legit product? I know we can't source here (does that go for MT 2 and other legal products too? or is MT 2 not legal?) Ordering from Alibaba sounds kinda shadey, personally I've never ordered anything there but I only hear about the quality of products being bad there...

Nah sourcing MT2 was openly discussed in other threads, harm reduction to buy the best product.

ALL mt2 is coming from alibaba.
As I understand it some western vendors buy in bulk powder and package it themselves.

I've found potency to be incomparable to alibaba, just make sure to filter according to verified-suppliers and read their reviews on that specific product.

You can mix it with bacteriostatic water and put it in a nasal spray bottle, but I've read it's significantly less effective that way.
SubQ injection has the best reputation, but I feel you on the opioids thing - your body expects that rush that makes you crave it so, probably try nasal spray.

It works, just less bioavailable so you'll have to use more.

I have a vial of it. 10mgs I have never pin but this and HGH are going to be my first needles.

Im naturally quite white and my body needs a lot of sun to tan versus lets say my broders. I was thinking in shoot me 1mg/day for 10 days. Would you say it´s better to do 500mcg for 20 days?. Would it be ok to have it reconstituted for 20 days in the fridge?

I have a vial of it. 10mgs I have never pin but this and HGH are going to be my first needles.

Im naturally quite white and my body needs a lot of sun to tan versus lets say my broders. I was thinking in shoot me 1mg/day for 10 days. Would you say it´s better to do 500mcg for 20 days?. Would it be ok to have it reconstituted for 20 days in the fridge?

Maybe other MT2 users would be better to comment on this as I've read other posters commenting on experience at doses higher than 500 mcg - which I don't have.

500 mcg causes stomach cramping for myself (commonly reported side effect on reddit) so I'm weary about going above that dose.

I've started dosing it at night also so sides have dissipated by the next day.

With quality product from Alibaba I tan good on as low as 50 mcg the night before (on 250 mcg from a western supplier I burned horribly one day), and I know it works excellently on 500 mcg, but I'm slowly titrating my dose upwards at the moment cause it's causing facial hair on lower parts of my face to grow dark whilst other parts remain fair.

When I get to a point where my facial hair is of uniform color, that will be my steady dose; currently at 250 mcg and climbing.

I also pin every night without exception due to the aforementioned affect on mood/personality - days I don't pin there's a noticeable mood disimprovement so for me I basically never miss a dose (it also causes the tan to hold for much longer and I never take any kind of sun damage/burning etc).

Nothing wrong with 1mg/day. I did that for about a month to see what would happen and basically darkened at a ridiculous rate. Body gets used to side effects quickly. After first week I wouldn't feel a thing. Now, several years later, even with a year long break I don't get sides when I start at 500mcg. I use it for probably 3-4 months out of the year though my first year of usage I was on for like a solid year

Nothing wrong with 1mg/day. I did that for about a month to see what would happen and basically darkened at a ridiculous rate. Body gets used to side effects quickly. After first week I wouldn't feel a thing. Now, several years later, even with a year long break I don't get sides when I start at 500mcg. I use it for probably 3-4 months out of the year though my first year of usage I was on for like a solid year

When you pinned 1 mg/day for a month do you mean, every single day?

Just out of curiosity, did you notice any effect on your hair texture (thinning), or additional shedding whilst using that high dose?

I got some thinning (though no shedding) over this last year which I thought was mt2, but now I believe it was more relative to high doses of nerve transmission inhibitors (promethazine + zopiclone).

My logic is nerve activity and blood flow are intrinsically related, therefore downregulation of nerve activity would cause blood flow decrease in the scalp, thus thinning.

I've discontinued prometh three weeks ago so, I guess another month or two and I'll see if my hair fullness returns.

When you pinned 1 mg/day for a month do you mean, every single day?

Just out of curiosity, did you notice any effect on your hair texture (thinning), or additional shedding whilst using that high dose?

I got some thinning (though no shedding) over this last year which I thought was mt2, but now I believe it was more relative to high doses of nerve transmission inhibitors (promethazine + zopiclone).

My logic is nerve activity and blood flow are intrinsically related, therefore downregulation of nerve activity would cause blood flow decrease in the scalp, thus thinning.

I've discontinued prometh three weeks ago so, I guess another month or two and I'll see if my hair fullness returns.
Daily. The first year it was like a month or two of 1mg/day. Then I hit the grey stage where I became hyperpigmented and took on almost a stone like color. Backed it down to 250mcg/day and stayed there for a very long time. Now every year I blast like 500mcg-1mg/day til I get to my desired darkness and then maintain on like 250mcg twice a week through summer.
Never had thinning. Hair appears to get darker though, notably facial hair. Also much easier to develop hyperpigmentation on cuts/healing skin wounds during that time but it all fades with discontinuation. Cat scratched my triceps a couple weeks ago and I got a nice dark brown line where it's at, and it didn't even bleed. Was about 5 days in at 500mcg/day. I don't get any side effects from it anymore so I just blast high doses til I get to where I wanna be. After all, the faster I get to the desired tan, the less UV exposure I put myself in.

Daily. The first year it was like a month or two of 1mg/day. Then I hit the grey stage where I became hyperpigmented and took on almost a stone like color. Backed it down to 250mcg/day and stayed there for a very long time. Now every year I blast like 500mcg-1mg/day til I get to my desired darkness and then maintain on like 250mcg twice a week through summer.
Never had thinning. Hair appears to get darker though, notably facial hair. Also much easier to develop hyperpigmentation on cuts/healing skin wounds during that time but it all fades with discontinuation. Cat scratched my triceps a couple weeks ago and I got a nice dark brown line where it's at, and it didn't even bleed. Was about 5 days in at 500mcg/day. I don't get any side effects from it anymore so I just blast high doses til I get to where I wanna be. After all, the faster I get to the desired tan, the less UV exposure I put myself in.

I've found my heart rate high recently after increasing the dose.

Is that something you ever experienced?

Super high heartrate, especially when doing some cardio workout of some kind?

I've found my heart rate high recently after increasing the dose.

Is that something you ever experienced?

Super high heartrate, especially when doing some cardio workout of some kind?
Never had issues with HR or BP. I've actually logged some of my lowest HR and BP values while blasting mt2. Was at 55 bpm and 105/50 for BP. Measurements were taken by a nurse in a clinical setting twice to be sure the numbers were accurate.

This popped up on a google search.

Hard to know what to believe but there was no mention of what dose these "dudes" were on.

Heart palpitations apparently, which I've never experience in fact, my resting heart rate is all good.
Just during intense enough cardio I feel like the HR is too high.

Also I'm taking an ultra low dose of mirtazapine currently (1.9 mg) as a sleep aid.
It's possible there is an interaction that's causing elevated HR.....

I say this cause an hour after pinning MT2 my HR stays the same, but after taking the mirtazapine it increases noticeably.

Last edited:
Bizarrely, dosing this at night time vs morning seemed to yield fairly dramatic variation on mood.

I had been using it at night at high dose (0.5 to 1 mg) for the past 2 months, and there was something just NQR.

I changed to morning as of today and VAST mood improvement.

I've read it can cause sleep disturbance but because I'd been using it in combo with low dose mirtazapine for sleep, perhaps it negated that.

Since discontinuing mirtazapine, perhaps its effects became more apparent but just far more positive feel dosing this daytime vs night time.

Again, life changing drug for me, in fact I was outside today sat down in this rest area, the sun came out so I whipped off my top on the spur of the moment - unbeknownst to me this MILF was approaching from the rear and I could feel eyes on me like she was digging my tan thinking, "Jebus, this dude looks like a Olive Skin God, let me take a bite - even though he speaks like a pasty UK geezer".

I dose it every single day at high dose (n=1 experiment).

So far so good so, fingers crossed for continued success.

Last edited:
Insane anhedonia and depression onset after 1 mg mt2 dosed daytime today.

Horrible shit.

This may be the worst case scenario and I actually have to discontinue.

Absolutely sucks.

Back to being pasty.

Christ....

Dosed 1 mg at 11 am.

Felt like DOG SHIT for the next 6 hours.

Now 5:30 pm, starting to feel better'ish.

At a 1.5 hr half life, that would suggest a dose of 75 to 50 mcg may be more tolerable (which is what I had been using throughout the winter period).

One thing I normally love about MT2 is it makes my celtic hair turn jet black, gives awesome definition to my facial hair and eyebrows.
At 50 mcg it doesn't do this, but it restores enough pigmentation such that I can dye it (celtic red hair normally doesn't dye).

So, I guess I'll have to do that from time to time.

Point being in relation to personality/mood, anecdotal reports suggested MT2 can produce anhedonia/depression, and in my most recent experience, at high dose, it does.

So 2 days ago you dosed in the morning instead of the evening and you felt great mood improvement, the next day you had terrible mood? Is it not a bit early to say that this is because of MT2? You had a good couple of months with it yes? I think most people experience days where they feel quite depressed.

So 2 days ago you dosed in the morning instead of the evening and you felt great mood improvement, the next day you had terrible mood? Is it not a bit early to say that this is because of MT2? You had a good couple of months with it yes? I think most people experience days where they feel quite depressed.

Well, two days ago I used it in combination with low dose mirtazapine and it was okay.

But mirtazapine was causing behavioural side effects of its own, so I discontinued that, got up this morning feeling well.

Dosed mt2 and felt like SHIT, I cannot stress that enough - the rest of the day.

The last couple months there was something contaminating the brew, but having used mt2 for so long, assumed it couldn't possibly be it.

Now I've eventually identified it.

It blows - cause that deep olive skin tan is absolutely life changing and I love it, but over the course of today and just how sick I felt, it looks like the trade will have to be made.

I will experiment with 25 to 50 mcg of mt2 for tolerance, which obviously won't yield results CLOSE to what I'd get with 1 mg.
But hopefully it will prevent me from skin redness after 20 minutes in the sun (which is what I'm like with zero mt2 at all).

But yes I get your point;

Two days ago I was like, "it's all good man!"

And today I'm like, "FML!!".

That would appear to be the combination effect with mirtazapine, which may have been masking the horrid feeling of using mt2.

In any case, my health and cognition comes before everything else, and me personally - I have a HYPER sensitivity to anything I put in my body that interferes with cellular function.

Even high dose vitamin D ruins me.

25 to 50 mcg vit D however I can manage.

So here's hoping it's similar to mt2.