Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MEL .:DJ Shadow:. 25, 26, 27 July - The Palace, 8pm. REVIEWS

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT

Bluelighter
shadow.jpg

DJShadow.jpg

dj_shadow.jpg

Yes, you heard rightly... the man in charge of the turntable is back.
After ripping up Melbourne in 2002 and releasing a swag of funky and deliciously twisted funk, soul, jazz, ambient and hip-hop filled albums he's gracing our shores once again.

Fresh with a new armful of tracks from his yet to be released album The Outsider Shadow is sure to delight his loyal and devoted followers with shows not to be forgotten.

Joining him onstage are the equally amazing MC Lateef The Truth Speaker with Chris James, and pioneering consciousness rapper/actor, Mos Def.

Tuesday's show has already sold out, so pull your hood up and get moving if you want to see the man in action. Check Ticketmaster for more info. and all important tickets.
I'll see you there, front and centre!!! :):D=D

Tickets are presale as far as I know - - - if the first show sold out in a week, chances are there'll be none left for door sales.

<3

Sorry kids, tried to edit but accidentally deleted. /Smacks head. Anyways, all info. here now! :):D W00! Bring on the Wednesday show!!!

Damn i wanna see this, but i am oh so poor thesedays after the wedding :( I might have to settle with his new cd and hope for a live dvd or something :(

You go COTB, promote this gig like nuthin else ;)

<3

^Oh don't you worry - - - we gonna rock it!!! =D Hoorah for both having the next day off! W007!
Especially seeing as the first two shows are sold out and there's been a third announced. :)

I shall be in attendance on the 27th of July :)

Looking forward to it indeed! I've really learnt to appreciate DJ Shadow's productions over the last couple of years, and cannot wait to see him live.

I just realised I will be in Melb when this is on. hmmm...

<3

^OMG. Hot damn! There's only one show left [the most recent one announced for the Thursday] - - - if you want tickets get them now! Try Ebay if you're interesting in trying for Wednesday night tickets [for the show we'll be at].

All set for wednesday. Well, almost.

Issues :
1) still damn sore from bike accident. But nothing that copious pain killers and beer won't fix :)
2) supposed to be working 13 hours on thursday. Could be trouble.

Kat - when did the show start & end??
or anyone that is going tuesday night in Melbs, can you pls tell me when Mos Def started, when DJ Shadow started, and when the whole shebang finished up?? I need to know whether to call in *cough* sick *cough* in advance..

cheers!

From Inthemix: Melbourne shows.

Mos Def 9pm
DJ Shadow 10.30pm

Not sure what time it ends. I have no choice about work so I don't want it to go too late. I'll be there tomorrow night, will keep an eye out for you two ;)

Mos Def came on at 8pm til around 9.15

Shadow played for just over 1.5 hrs ... the syd show finished about 11.10

:)

We came,
We saw,
We said "much awesomeness",
And we left thinking it was money rather well spent :)

<3

It was indeed money well spent. :) I don't care how much people have said he sucked at Splendour. In that room with those people he was like a God. Awesome.

And to prove it here's my dodgey phone video. Scuse the crapness - still yet to get used to the whole video phone thing. :\

200172251_b7ef074c32_o.jpg

It was good, Lateef rocked!
Wish Shadow played more classics tho
And Mos Def rapped a bit more.

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
It was indeed money well spent. :) I don't care how much people have said he sucked at Splendour. In that room with those people he was like a God. Awesome.

And to prove it here's my dodgey phone video. Scuse the crapness - still yet to get used to the whole video phone thing. :\

I agree, I was at splendour and he sucked ass, and I'm a massive DJ shadow fan and still am.
I'm just sure he feeds off small crowds when he plays so he can get up close and personal with his audience. The in tune and on time dvd shows this as well. At splendour he was in a massive tent with thousands of people spilling out.

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
Yes, you heard rightly... the man in charge of the turntable is back.

I have it on good authority he uses more than one...

.:Foxy Moron:. said:
It was good, Lateef rocked!
Wish Shadow played more classics tho
And Mos Def rapped a bit more.

For the Thursday night show in Melbourne, he played classics for the first 45 mins! It was great! :) then for the remainder of the show played tracks from "The Outsider".

Aside discovering two munters having sex behind us, the night was pretty good.

btw people, there is an Advance Promo Copy of The Outsiders hanging about the place, can't list a source because I don't want to break rules. But those of you in the know, will know where to find it.