Technical Problem MEGATHREAD - Email and Alert notifications aren't working.

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
hi

some threads (not all of them) that I am watching are being updated but I am not receiving any alerts, how can this be fixed?

Odd, but more clarification is needed to help troubleshoot. Are you getting alerts from ANY updates (meaning, are they turned off with your settings)? Or are they only from specific forums (maybe there is a forum setting that is off)?

it knows what threads you’re looking at. if you go a while without looking at a thread, it will stop sending you alerts. this is a good thing.

Reactions: CFC
Odd, but more clarification is needed to help troubleshoot. Are you getting alerts from ANY updates (meaning, are they turned off with your settings)? Or are they only from specific forums (maybe there is a forum setting that is off)?

It is happening only with few threads, not all of them. I haven't changed anything regarding the alert configurations

it knows what threads you’re looking at. if you go a while without looking at a thread, it will stop sending you alerts. this is a good thing.

Perhaps is this, because I have noticed this problem with threads that I haven't seen for a while but I haven't seen them because I haven't received alerts. Then I have seen these same threads being updated in the session "what's new" and a lot of replies were there (no alerts at all).

Hi guys, For the past 6 weeks or so I have not been getting any email notifications of PMs.
I had not changed anything so it was a bit strange. I spoke with the Ecstasy Discussion mod “Bluebull” who confirmed all my settings were as they should be and he suggested I try a different email address and this may help to reset my account.

So I did that and it said a confirmation email was sent however it never arrived and yes I have checked my Junk email and nothing there either. I then reverted back to my original addy and again was told a confirmation email was sent but nothing received. Your account is currently awaiting confirmation. Confirmation was sent to **********@bigpond.net.au

I Pressed the “Contact us” button at the bottom of the page (I use Chrome on a WIN 10 desktop) and wrote out an email pretty similar to this one however I have had no reply and its been almost a week so I suspect the “Contact us” buttons email facility is also not working for me.

Hopefully this email gets through so someone can offer some help. It may be that many other accounts are affected as well. Whatever it is meant I didn’t receive TLBs 20th birthday newsletter....... Possibly a lot of others didn’t either. Anyways, thanks for any assistance you are able to offer.

So I sent the above to the Bluelight admins gmail account I found in the "I never got my activation email thread" But I have no idea if it arrived.

I have managed to get myself up and running again by using one of my business addys and the fact it worked instantly suggests to me the problem is your emails are not getting past bigpond in Australia. Weird cos it was fine just 8 weeks ago.

I stopped getting notifications too! I was just thinking about this today.

So does anyone have anything to offer on this?

Looks like I am not the only one.

I wouldnt be surprised if all @bigpond.net.au emails are now blocked which will be a huge number seeing as that is Australias largest internet provider.

Hi guys, For the past 6 weeks or so I have not been getting any email notifications of PMs.
I had not changed anything so it was a bit strange. I spoke with the Ecstasy Discussion mod “Bluebull” who confirmed all my settings were as they should be and he suggested I try a different email address and this may help to reset my account.

So I did that and it said a confirmation email was sent however it never arrived and yes I have checked my Junk email and nothing there either. I then reverted back to my original addy and again was told a confirmation email was sent but nothing received. Your account is currently awaiting confirmation. Confirmation was sent to **********@bigpond.net.au

I Pressed the “Contact us” button at the bottom of the page (I use Chrome on a WIN 10 desktop) and wrote out an email pretty similar to this one however I have had no reply and its been almost a week so I suspect the “Contact us” buttons email facility is also not working for me.

Hopefully this email gets through so someone can offer some help. It may be that many other accounts are affected as well. Whatever it is meant I didn’t receive TLBs 20th birthday newsletter....... Possibly a lot of others didn’t either. Anyways, thanks for any assistance you are able to offer.

So I sent the above to the Bluelight admins gmail account I found in the "I never got my activation email thread" But I have no idea if it arrived.

I have managed to get myself up and running again by using one of my business addys and the fact it worked instantly suggests to me the problem is your emails are not getting past bigpond in Australia. Weird cos it was fine just 8 weeks ago.

Hey, really sorry the emails have either stopped being sent or received properly Maz. We've been having some trouble with notifications in general (for several other options, though this is the first I've heard about failed PM emails) for about the last 4-6 weeks and we don't know why. FWIW your email was correctly validated each time you changed it, according to the record. If you'd like to try a different email other than that work one, to double check it is bigpond being blocked and not some problem from our end, feel free to PM it to me. I'll manually update it for you and we can take the next step from there.

Best,
CFC

Guys I suspect that when TLB sent the newsletter, that it was interpretted by some email clients ie @bigpond.net.au and whatever Malevolents is as being a mass spam attack and hence they blocked BL completely.

This may help to understand what I mean......

Very possible, though our send was generated to individuals (not to massive groups) and not done frequently. However, it is quite likely that a few recipients hit the spam button which then registered us with their email hosts as a spam source, thereby blocking us for everyone else who uses those email hosts.

Very possible, though our send was generated to individuals (not to massive groups) and not done frequently. However, it is quite likely that a few recipients hit the spam button which then registered us with their email hosts as a spam source, thereby blocking us for everyone else who uses those email hosts.

Well whatever.
What can be done to fix the issue?
If you need me to do something then tell me what to do.
I know this much.............Im not going to continue to use my business email address for here. So either we get the bigpond working again or Im out of here.
Bloody ridiculous this.

Just as an update on this, there are tools to help indicate if our email is being spam blocked. Initial checks indicate we are not spamblocked by the internet (though, certain servers like yahoo, gmail, bigpond, etc will make their own blocks when they deem necessary)...but initial checks indicate this is not the issue.

I'm still checking our server for possible problems. Nothing found as yet in the site settings for Xenforo, but we may have tripped something with our host so I'm also asking them to see if we tripped THEIR spam triggers and they aren't letting anything out (if so, that will be a quick fix).

I tested some with my own accounts (diff email servers) and go no emails. It would help if any members would be kind enough to reply as to their getting or not-getting email notifications since we sent the 20th anniversary notices out to everyone (20 OCT), as well as what email host you use (gmail, hotmail, etc)....Pro-tip, don't give out your email address on a public forum as folks will sign you up for all kinds of spam. But if you can indicate what host you use, it may help us with this troubleshooting exercise.

I tested some with my own accounts (diff email servers) and go no emails.
Im guessing you meant "got" no emails? As in emails sent from BL were not getting through?

That being the case then somehow it makes me feel better to know its not a me problem but wider spread.

As I said before, if there is anything i can do to help then let me know please.

Im guessing you meant "got" no emails? As in emails sent from BL were not getting through?

That being the case then somehow it makes me feel better to know its not a me problem but wider spread.

English may not be my best language. Sometimes, gibberish is. Yeah, I meant I am NOT getting anything.[/QUOTE]

Starting to feel a lot more like an issue at our server, which is good news.

English may not be my best language. Sometimes, gibberish is. Yeah, I meant I am NOT getting anything.

Starting to feel a lot more like an issue at our server, which is good news.
[/QUOTE]
cheers to gibberish, bdd/od mod apps gonna be open so you can automatically pick me yet?

isn't no emails a good thing? i get way too many notifcations as is can't imagine emails

Something worked, I got a burst of like 40 emails all at once
-.- jokes on me for saying anything huh. you guys got me good, you win i'll stop pestering you about modding me, but that day is looming closer, and it is inevitable

The problem persists

I am not receiving alerts from threads that I am constantly watching and receiving alerts from threads that I am not constantly watching.