• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Megamerged TDS Psychosis Thread vs. it's all going to be alright

Thank you. I hope it goes well. Im fine with being on 5mg but Id prefer being off and am going to try that soon enough.

I meant that it made me a better person. Also me wanting to see it in a positive view, if I think its sickness then to me it is sickness if you feel me. Ive also had so much fun during being psychotic that its insane... hehe.. (I used to get hypomanic and psychotic at the same time)
Not having to rely on a substance everyday to feel normal is very liberating. Hell even quitting caffeine felt good

It def made me a better person too. The framing of it as a sickness is something that definitely needs to change. You can explore some VERY interesting states of mind haha. But when the seed is planted that being in that state is inherently harmful, then it’s gonna manifest and become harmful ya know

But trying to see it in a light of “my brain is just hella wonky rn” won’t necessarily lead to harm. If that makes sense

All the schizophrenics ive told about it have said too that it made them a better person. If i were to believe in karma i might say Theres some of that at play there.

I think the inherent sickness is being human during times like these at an world which, if You have studied the real important parts, is what it is. Is there a meaning to life? Does that even matter honestly. I got drugs, friends, family and the Illusion od freedom which is More than i could have asked for back in the days

Schizophrenics need other schizophrenics in their life So they feel understood. I think that too is really important.

Schizophrenics need other schizophrenics in their life So they feel understood. I think that too is really important.
Agreed. I won’t lie I’ve not been diagnosed with schizophrenia, but I definitely am on that spectrum without a doubt. Maybe schizoaffective?? Idk I’ve neglected seeing a psych for so long

I’m also 19 and from what I’ve read it can really manifest around 25 so who fucking knows

Regardless, support is key. Empathy is key. Shared understanding and love are key

I'm taking 20mg zyprexa and my mood is really low, its like I'm lethargic and my sense of humour is mute. I did spend 5 days in the psych ward getting off 40mg cymbalta and on 20mg zyprexa but I feel like shit. Just no optimism and no happiness at all. WTF. I'm so pissed off that I'm this fucked up I can't think straight. FUCCKFUCKFUCKFUCKCUCKFUCKFUCK
Hey man it’ll get better with time. I can guarantee that. Might be a long time but eventually it will❤️

Hi all!

I'm currently trying to help a friend of my ex-girlfriend. Yes, a friend, not me.

What I know is:
He has been heavily abusing Meth for the last 6 months, became a dealer, which obviously doesn't seem to have helped him in any way.
He is now calling different friends, including my ex-girlfriend.
As seems to happen with a lot of Meth psychosis, he's lost his grip on reality.
He thinks unrealistic thoughts like his father is working with the CIA to steal his phone data.... *sigh*.
The list goes on and changes by minute.

I have personally never come close to this point in my experience.
I have spoken on the phone with this person before a few weeks ago when these delusions started to manifest, and attempted to explain what prolonged Meth use can do to the brain and body as well as sleep deprivation/lack of nutrients. I've described my own experiences to him, but this person smokes A LOT of Meth, we are not talking "responsible" dosages here.
I'm sure he is not taking care of himself, I have not seen him in person and I don't care to.

1) Has anyone here been in this state of mind before?
2) What got you to snap back to reality long enough to seek real help?
3) Is calling the paramedics and explaining the situation A) Legal in the US? B) Realistic/Helpful?
4) Any other advice?

I understand that there may be nothing realistic that can be done without him wanting to help himself, but I believe he has lost his mind and I am trying to help because it's stressing my ex out which is stressing me the fuck out too.

Thank you in advance for any knowledge you may have, any knowledge is welcome.
@Atelier3 @ControlDaddy @QTpi @Outlier
-Twackademy

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this thread so if a mod wants to move it to a more appropriate forum, please do.
I also tagged some of ya'll that I've learned from during my short time on BL.
If you need to PM me and think it's more appropriate, please do.

Ok so we are talking about someone who is not a Meth Professional, with classic drug-induced paranoia, who has decided to take on arguably the most deservedly paranoiac occupation in the drug game, selling meth to tweakers and having basically unlimited head stash of meth.

I wouldn’t bother with the paramedics. He is ready for them and will turn on his “normal” self and forget to tell them about his paranoid delusions. Later he will incorporate their visit into his CIA or father betraying him delusions.

Beyond that I don’t know what to suggest in aid. When I was a young tweaker and still susceptible to paranoid delusions, nothing could stop me from acting them out, except to run out of meth for a few days.

So I am not advising you to take on this escapade, but if it were someone I’d die for, I would indulge his delusions and prop up his grandiosity until I am feeding him and he is eating it up. Then I have to engineer an “escape” so he can assume a “new identity” and at least be free of the evil forces plaguing him today. I would be willing to go with him, to Antigua or whatever place you can afford a four day vacation for two to, and assure him you have an excellent source of pure, cheap meth where you are going. Of course, when we get there, I let him realize pretty quickly he is stuck there for four days without meth. Then, gently start exorcising some of his delusional beliefs, accelerating as he gets more deeperate for me to prop up his esteem, but I will offer to replace it with something healthier, something that works without meth. Maybe show him my soliloquy on Meth Professionals and assure him this is part of earning that rank, surviving a meth drought.

Best of luck!

That’s all I can really think of!

I think you’ve taken on one of the most difficult roles there is: convincing a psychotic person to get help. I don’t have any clear cut answer for you but a few thoughts come to mind.

Unless he is a real danger to himself or others avoid calling the paramedics on him. That could easily escalate if he turned on them(which often happens). Then it’s the police involved.

Depending on how far gone he is perhaps you can get him out of town for a while to somewhere quiet and remote. If he slows right down on the meth he might develop some self awareness about his delusions and the scale of his meth problems.

You’ll probably have better luck if you initially don’t try and convince him his delusions are wrong. Focus on all the reasons why quitting meth is a good idea: i’ve seen psychotic people agree they have a meth problem while still insisting their delusions are real.

At some point he’s gonna have to go into some kind of residential program to deal with the addiction and to assess the severity and long term likelihood of his psychosis. Developing a plan for what that will be would be very constructive so you’ll be ready if you can get him into a moment of sanity.

At the end of the day though, it he has really lost it and may become violent the only solution might be involuntary admission to a psych ward. You should research that process too in your area.

Good luck. I’m happy to bounce around more ideas anytime.

This is basically what I was assuming but I wanted to check before advising any further.

I think he is heading into Involuntary Admission territory, if not already in it.

I told my ex to stay at work and to not go see him because of the risk of violent reactions to her attempts to help him because he's in a delusional state of mind.

I will do research on Involuntary Admission in Texas.

And thank you.

Sorry, I just woke up and haven't even finished my first cup of coffee before I was presented this fucked situation.

My ex is taking him to the ER by the users request.

He thinks he has a concussion and is afraid to sleep.

I told her:
Do no engage conversation with him about drug use.
Do not engage or perpetuate his delusions.
Talk to him like a sober person and focus on his concussion and the help he needs for that.
Do not discuss his drug use in front of the doctors/nurses.
Let the medical staff treat his concussion and then talk to medical staff in a separate area to explain everything as it is.

She has known him for 5 years and is willing to tell the doctor that he needs help and isn't himself.

My ex is taking him to the ER by the users request.

He thinks he has a concussion and is afraid to sleep.

I told her:
Do no engage conversation with him about drug use.
Do not engage or perpetuate his delusions.
Talk to him like a sober person and focus on his concussion and the help he needs for that.
Do not discuss his drug use in front of the doctors/nurses.
Let the medical staff treat his concussion and then talk to medical staff in a separate area to explain everything as it is.

She has known him for 5 years and is willing to tell the doctor that he needs help and isn't himself.
🙏

Best wishes for this person. Sending good thoughts & you're extremely kind to consider reaching out to him. You are a gentleman and a scholar in my book.

Unfortunate Update:

User claimed to be fine once my friend showed up to their apartment.
He's emaciated, delusional and talking to ball caps about telepathy. (Seriously, why is it always telepathy?)
My friend contacted the users family, who gave permission to call the police and detain him as a danger to himself and transport him to the nearest Behavioral Health Hospital for admission.

I really wish we did not have to involve the police, as I'm sure he has felony amounts of drugs in his apartment, but the concern was great enough from others to warrant it.

Thank you for the replies, I hope this information serves useful to someone.

This thread at least gave me an outlet and sounding board, so thank you.

- Twackademy

Final update:

Police came to the user's apartment and the user would not open the door for them. (Surprise Surprise)

They said they cannot infringe upon anyone's rights without a warrant, rightfully so.

The user's parents are now involved, and are checking into how to do a complete welfare check in the near future.

The user obviously is not willing to accept help or acknowledge that the drugs are deteriorating his well being.

I do hope that he realizes he is need of professional medical help, but he has to be willing to accept the help.

I've done all I can to assist, informed my concerned friend about Meth psychosis, and I appreciate the feedback to this thread.

Last edited:
Final update:

Police came to the user's apartment and the user would not open the door for them. (Surprise Surprise)

They said they cannot infringe upon anyone's rights without a warrant, rightfully so.

The user's parents are now involved, and are checking into how to do a complete welfare check in the near future.

The user obviously is not willing to accept help or acknowledge that the drugs are deteriorating his well being.

I do hope that he realizes he is need of professional medical help, but he has to be willing to accept the help.

I've done all I can to assist, informed my concerned friend about Meth psychosis, and I appreciate the feedback to this thread.
I'm glad that the right people are helping your friend. In a lot of cases, getting someone to a doctor is really all you can do.

I pray your friend finds a path of recovery that benefits both them and their family.