• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

Shaking

Im not sure if some of this was alrdy said because i only skimmed thru the posts so if so just ignore that part:)

Anyways, I find that i get the shakes occasionally when i smoke and it has nothing to do w/ being cold though they do seem to mirror the same type of shakes, though i sort of enjoyed it, but i found that they were very easily controlled all i had to do was lay down close my eyes and take some deep breathes and calm down a little. but other than that i havent' had any violent ceisure like shakes that some of you desribe but if you are just embellishing try just laying down closing your eyes taking some deep breathes and take your mind off the world (quite easy to do while high:) )

-RagDoll

Twitching is not Alzheimer, but parkinson`s right? Alzheimer is the thing where you forget everything, I don`t think either of them is ever caused by weed.

Every time I've gotten the shakes it's been in conjunction with some other sort of anxiety about smoking... some alcohol or a valium will definitely help out. Sometimes you can just smoke through it (i.e. maybe you're just not used to being high anymore, if you just started/restarted), or maybe you need to think about the situations you get high in a bit more.

But on the other hand, if it takes that much thought/effort to make sure you're going to have a good time when you get high, is it worth it?

Hey Everyone... Thanks for all the replies. :)

The weird thing about the shakes that I get is that they seem to come from absolutely nowhere. I had been smoking for quite sometime (on a pretty regular basis) before I experienced any adverse efffects. I like to think that I'm always in a good mindset. And I am always in a relaxed smoking evnironment, usually my own home. I don't know why "the shakes" started or what started them, but I know they're just a pain in the ass. They're always accompanied by the racing heart and a general feeling of discomfort. Also, it feels good to be wrapped in a blanket or in warm clothes although I am sometimes not actually cold. Sometimes I even start to sweat under the blanket or sweatshirt but still don't want to part with the layers.

I took a break from weed for a LONG time only to return to the same thing. I don't want to quit smoking altogether because I really enjoy the high once the discomfort goes away. I wish I could just kick back and smoke a J like I used to.

Well, at least this has shown me how I should appreciate a good high. :)

I used to think the shakes were entirely psychosomatic. That is, I thought they were a sign of social phobias and self confidence issues (which I had all through childhood), magnified or resurrected by the drug. This started a long downward cycle, where I convinced myself I would only be normal and well-adjusted when I could smoke with no shakes and no paranoia whatsoever. But that didn't happen. Therefore I got down on myself and told myself I'd never be secure and socially well adjusted, which became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And people wonder why I swore off weed for a year.

It was only after a lot of soul searching, and a lot more research into the physiological effects of pot, that I deemed myself ready to start toking again.

twiching on weed

ive been smoke for 4 years and this first time i smoked some weed and my body start it twicthing.

Mabeye it is from the E man it just might of finally caught up to you. Since you are tripppingoneeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Never heard of anyone twitching on weed.

it's a common thing. twitches are just muscle contractions and spasms. cannabis is a mild stimulant, stimulants have been known to cause unwanted twitches and spasms, nothing to worry about, it isn't lethal. :)

Blowmonkey is pretty much right on the money, Herbalchef was probably just kidding around.

Yep, I twitch all the time on weed - sometimes I even have trouble walking because my leg will involuntarily spasm in mid-step. That only happens with really, really good weed, though... it sort of tells me I have no business walking around at that point anyways ;)

I used to get wobbly legs while standing, or constant random leg spasms. I was thinking about this the other day, because I suddenly realised it doesn't happen to me anymore. *shrug*

yes i get this effect constantly when im high on pot. it can be a bit annoying. I usually take some xanax or lorazepam and that usually helps...

i used to get all kinds of twiches while on weed (i just twictched as i type this), they are not as bad now. ive had one full body spasm attack.

yeah i get muscle spasms once in a while, but quite often on weed. It feels really weird, and sometimes I can even see my muscle twitching. Just learn to like it, it can be pretty neat if you enjoy it.

i usually get the twitches after i smoke swag.... it also makes me feel like i pissed my pants (lol.... that is embarrassing but its important to share... right???)

Dawn

blowmonkey u r wrong. weed is a hallucinogen and a depressant. if sumthing is a depressant it just cant be a stimulant.

ya man, twitching can be fun. only happened to me once, my leg kept twitching down on the gas pedal.

only on good weed, last night i finally had some really really good stuff and i think i might of had a little too much because i got that feeling where you sort of twitch but its more like your restless