• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

Is anyone still active on this thread? I need some help! For years whenever I smoke weed my organs feel like they're kicking in my stomach or twitching. Then my paranoia gets the best of me and I feel like they're going to explode. The side of my stomach gets really warm and starts to twitch. I also have a fear of veins (I know it's dumb), so when I get high I can just feel them existing. And it feels like they hurt. So I just sit there and don't do anything. Because if I move I feel like something bad will happen. Nobody I ever talk to can figure this out. Why does smoking make my organs kick and twitch? Most friends say it's psychosomatic and it's just my mind making my body feel weird. Others say there may be something wrong with me and I can only tell when I'm high because I am more aware of my body. I'm hoping it's just mental. I do have anxiety issues aside from it. I also will mention that all I can really find is sativa. I've been told indica may make all the difference for me in a positive way. Hope I don't sound too crazy! I just want to get to the bottom of this issue!

I shit you not, I was sitting on my porch last night with my friend & we had just got done smoking when all of a sudden it felt like some organ on the left side of my abdomen was twitching outta control. I do personally think that weed lowers my body temperature & it was sorta chilly out last night but every other part of my body felt fine but it was as if some type of organ of mine inside was shivering all by itself.. I could physically feel it when I'd put my hand over it. This is the second time it's happened & ive been stoned both times. I'll get random head twitches and a slight urge to rock my body or shake my hands lol it's weird.. But nothing so intense that it makes me wanna quit. I'm glad I'm not the only one with twitching organs though ��

I kinda remember this in the past when puffing up after a timely break
it reminded me of getting in a car @ 5:30 a.m. in January when it was like 5 degrees
(not anxiety, but more the stiff back (effect)

A minute of deep breathing and gone.

Holy shit this just happened to me.. I'm still shaking a little bit. I read your guys comments and it calmed me down, thank you. I thought something was really wrong. I was taking bong rips like usual, started jamming to music, and then my head started shaking. At first I thought it was just the bass from my Beats, but then I went to lay down. I started to shake more after I layed down. Then, my stomach did the same fuckin thing! My left side of my stomach started getting a warm feeling, hurting, and felt like SOMETHING WAS GOING NUTS IN THERE...At this very moment my stomach feels really strange... I was smoking a heavy indica. I bought it in the dispensary , but gave away the bag it came in so I don't know the name of the strain.

In the strange shaky moment ^

After my body calmed down to a high ?

I recently started taking bong rips again after a couple months , and I started smoking more hybrid bud. I wanted to go to sleep after doing homework late, so I smoked the heavy indica bud that's been chilling in my closet. Boy did that get me high. At times, while I was listening to music, I felt like I was rolling. not sure if it's the bud, or what.

By the way I just came to college in California so I just recently got a bong (after 2 months of living here) , in which I got my green card. However, I used to take bong rips everyday in high school and uo until I moved. So it's strange to me bc I usually don't get high this easy.

Same reaction as usual: shivering, spasming, shaking. It was so strong, my legs were being forced to close together, had to force the diaphragm to pull in air because the chest & stomach were too busy tensing up.
Then there would be little 1 second breaks where it all stopped, and I would try to will it to stay calm, but the whole body would start tensing up again and again.

It's always an uncontrollable physical reaction and I really wish we knew exactly what causes it in some people.
Has this thread turned up any helpful solutions that work for most people?

Last edited:
Last night I had taken about 2 shots of 99 bananas and 2 of 99 apples, which is vodka with 99 proof if you haven't drank it. I am 18 years old so me and my friends prefer stuff that gets us drunk quick. After 4 consecutive shots which gets me feeling pretty great I go for a drive (not me driving) with my sober friend to go buy from his dealer. When I come back people are crying and I'm just trying to smoke. We use this blue raspberry white owl slowburning papers. Something like that I highly recommend. I was trying out a new strain I've never had before which was Girl Scout cookies. I've been smoking multiple times a week for months now and drink about twice a week so I knew what I was doing. After I take a few hits I take another shot I feel great. Later I take a few more hits and one more shot then everything went wrong. I sat on the couch but I wasn't there. My eyes wouldn't open and when they were open everything was a blur. I couldn't see anything and my brain literally felt empty. I didn't have any thoughts all I could hear were the people around me laughing or crying and their voices were echoing in my ear. All I remember is being slapped very hard repeatly but not feeling it. My friends said I was shaking uncontrollably. I don't remember shaking but I do remember talking but it was all gibberish. Can I have a cigarette turned into. Cana be has mdi nothing was forming. My friend kept getting in my face opening my eyes for me but at times my body would drop and my head would fall and I couldn't feel my body. I felt lifeless I was seeing lights and things moving in my eye lids. My friend said I told her I've had many seizers in my life (due to past pill addictions) and if I fell to hold me on my side. I wish I could explain the experience but it's something that's just wrong.

ive had that happen once and only once.

I smoked two good bowls back to back (which was more than average for me then), and the shit must have been real potent or something, cause I felt like my body was seizing. My neck would tense and my head would shake from side to side, completely out of control. All over my body, muscles flexed and released, over and over, causing me to just spaz out on the floor for about half an hour while I watched tv and prayed I didn't just step on the boat to hell.

The shakes took me over. I've been cold on weed and trembled a lot, but this wasn't like that. This was some kind of horrible reaction that I just can't explain.

Ya I just smoked weed (bong toke) and instead of a full body tingle and head rush I got light headed n my entire body shook uncontrollably - I was standing up in my kitchen and luckily close enough to the counter to grab onto and push against so I didn?t fall down lmfao damn sometimes it be like that idk why ?

Edit: I also have done cocaine tonight.. between 1g - 1.5g . . .

Last edited:
^probably the coke man. Shit I didn't know weed caused muscle twitches, I thought that was early benzo w/d setting in. (doesn't happen while I'm smoking just randomly) but I do smoke uber chronically.

My god I was sat here stoned of of head reading this, while I was having uncontrollable shakes but the stuff you guys have posted really settled me mainly coz I was in hysterics ....sorted me right out it did ?? keep them comming guys and thanks for reassuring me I'm not dying ???
Fml life mine happens after and heated argument over with text with ex wife maybe it's to do with the adrenaline rush when your meant to be chilled I think the cold may have an affect as I noticed that but I do live in England ... but yeah good share ??

Hello everyone, I had a few experiences that go beyond a few muscle twitches or shaking.

Two years ago I had a gummy, roughly 20mg, and lost complete control of all my muscles. My hands were moving by themselves, every muscles was spasming and shaking to the point I couldn’t walk. Lasted for hours before I “greened out.” For the next week and half I would still have spasms and for the first few days they would literally wake me up in the middle of the night they were so intense.

Fast forward to May 1st I had a brownie this time and had much of the same, but less intense symptoms. It’s now June 22nd and i am still experiencing muscle spasms and finger/toe twitching and occasional numbness and tingling.

I’m curious if I have a underlying condition that is causing it, and weed triggers it. I’ve seen the doctor but haven’t been to a neurologist yet. Just curious what I can expect when I go?