• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

This shit has happened to me as well. but the main reasons i find are that either you are in a sketchy situation, your cold or you are uncomfortable. if these things persist maybe you should not smoke pot it cant be for everyone?

I smoked pot pretty much every day and sometimes a few times a day for like 7 months and the second last time i smoked i got uncontrollable shakes and they went away the next day. Then i smoked once more and I started shaking unctrollably again and it persisted for a few days afterwards. After that i decided to stop smoking weed and I've been off it for over 2 months now.

yeah, i can always control it though...plus i find it reasonably pleasurable anyway, but smokin good indica this rarely happens, i just find it necessary to sit in the absolute most comfortable position possible...if i'm on an uppity sativa type ganja i tend to get those shakes a little more, esp in the legs...but it doesn't annoy me, and most of the time i can just stop when i need to.

im a fuckin shake and spaz, EVERY time i smoke weed i shake like crazy. i love how it feals cause its like my hole body is moving and i cannt control it, i normaly get this fealling when i listen to music and lay on my back, my hole body flows with the music the best high is when im stoned and lay down and listen to Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon. but if im not being quiet i find i dont shake much, but i really like it so i for me it aint a bad thing, oh i justs moked some weed so sorry if i make no sense.
but yeah peace and enjoy the weed :)

I don't twitch/shake anymore...I dunno why. My hands used to twitch like mad whenever I put them in my pockets, they even did it the day after...It freaked me out. But it stopped now :)

I have smoked alot over the past ten years or so.....recently I can't even smoke because almost everytime I smoke I have insane anxiety attacks that last for like 2 to 3 hours... I have even been to the emergency room for it before.....I used to love this drug now I can't enjoy its bliss :(

yes, i must reply to this one, it happens in random places, its never the same place, i find that if i am high, and i do some running with a 20 lb backpack to class, or something strenuous, that it gets real bad in my feet, uncontrollable shaking of my foot, its like the shaking of the stick of some old car while idling, its like my foot is idling

Drrubix3 said:
I have smoked alot over the past ten years or so.....recently I can't even smoke because almost everytime I smoke I have insane anxiety attacks that last for like 2 to 3 hours... I have even been to the emergency room for it before.....I used to love this drug now I can't enjoy its bliss :(
that totally blows man, surely there is some remedy for that?

Yup....My leg would always shake and twitch...It was always embarassing in a car packed with 5 peeps...My eye used to twitch sometimes too.

i used to shake a lot from anxiety while i was high
it only happened a few times, but when id start shaking i wouldnt stop
weird shit but its gone now luckily

Now that lots have admitted to doing this.....can anyone provide an explanation on why this happens??

Oh god, the "shakes" actually caused the worst marijuana experience of my life a few years ago..

I wont go into details but I basically convinced myself that I was having a diabetes attack after eating too much sugary munch (I'm not diabetic).

XOCVANDALX said:
Now that lots have admitted to doing this.....can anyone provide an explanation on why this happens??
I think its an indirect effect of anxiety. The anxiety causes muscle tension, expecially in the neck and shoulders (for me), muscle tension for a while eventually gives tremors.

I have broken a couple of bowls with some massive shakes.

I've been an all day every day stoner since i was 20 and never ever felt any anxiety, shakes etc... not until i took lots of X for several months.

After that period the symptoms that have been described here happened to me, and so i think that in my case the chems had a lot to do.

I think the whole thing is in one's mind, a mind can be like a wild horse you really have to put that fucker into discipline otherwise the beast runs out of control faster and faster until it crashes.

You got to say to yourself: fuck this!!! i will not allow fear to take control of me, i won't keep on thinking lots of nosense paranoid bullshit, it's all in my head and i'm the one in charge there.

I get the famous shakes sometimes while smoking.

I beleive it is simply caused by anxiety or possibly a small panic attack brought on by the weed.

Symptoms of a panic/anxiety attack are known to include SHAKING , fast heart rate, racing thoughts, paranoia, alternate body aches or pains, chest pain, dizzyness, feelings of dread, and rarely nausia. Sound familiar?

I have alot of experience with panic anxiety attacks while not on weed, so I can easily recognize them as such when I smoke.

While a bad panic/anxiety attack can make you feel like your dying (many people go to the hospital during a panic attack thinking they are having a heart attack) Nobody has ever died from a panic attack. Mine usually last for an hour or so but can last as long as an entire day.

Panic attacks feed off your thoughts and grow with your anxiety. For example if you start worrying about your heart rate, your heart will start beating even faster.

The best thing to do is to simply reassure yourself that it is simply anxiey. Remind yourself that is only temporary and cannot hurt you. Destract yourself from focusing on your body (or whatever your obsessing about). When I have a really bad panic attack I sometimes play tetris becuase it demands my concentration and destracts me from focusing too much on how bad I feel. Usually something mentally involing like this will help ease the anxiety.

Benzodiazapines can help with this anxiety, but i don't recommend them. I have gone through Benzo addiction/withdrawal twice now and the rebound anxiety from getting off the benzo's will make the pot anxiety seem like a warm dream in comparison.

^
I think it's just dopamine release or something like that , I had it plenty of times when i started smoking and some of my friends still have it to this day , it doesn't mean something is wrong it's just a side effect like the red eyes when your smoking really good weed.

when I first started smoking weed I'd get really fucking stoned and my legs would just jerk around and twitch and shit..and one night me and my friend were just laying in bed after we smoked a blunt and we were both just kindof twitching and trying to go to sleep haha. I don't know why that happens tho I guess just cause ur stoned......but my theory on bad highs is..if you dont smoke a lot only on some occasions, then there's gonna be times when you have a bad high and freak out..but the more you smoke, you dont have as many 'bad highs' and then if you are a pothead youll never have a bad high....or at least I didnt..so just start smoking a lot of fuckin weed and then itll get better! hah

I get the muscle twitches too, they dont really bother me.. it is quite random, and i can make my legs twitch by thinking about it, pretty funny really :)