• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
I need to invest in some catnip for my feral feline friends :) thank you all for the reminder!

When at my mums house I have accidentally kicked her cats in the head by walking in the dark and them being shit scared of me for an hour or two but they always come back when I hold out the olive branch. Cats are intelliegent and know when something is an acident and you just need to give an hour or two for them to climatise to you again.

Dont worry they have also gottn their own back on me too..

The smell of cat piss is horrible.

Gave the cats some nip tonight and Shambles commentary is like ozzy man reviews for the fucked cat connoisseur

Laugh at the question if you want, but I hope you think about it seriously. We all know it's evil and messed up to drug our pets for amusement. Well I'm starting to think that nepetalactone, the active ingredient in catnip, is a serious drug to cats. From what I understand, it works by mimicking sexual pheromones.

When I give my cat catnip, his pupils dilate and he generally freaks the fuck out. He starts obsessively licking the spot where the nip lay, and then starts obsessively licking himself. Sometimes he vomits. Then he runs off to perch somewhere and looks at me like I'm a complete stranger, like he doesn't know where he is. I know my cat well, and it doesn't seem to me like he's happy or having a good time. He seems utterly disturbed, like an intact cat during mating season.

Considering the only reason to give cat's nip is for our own personal amusement, how is this different than blowing pot smoke in a cat's face or giving it an acid blotter? I don't understand why we disgustedly admonish those who give pets human recreational drugs, but ubiquitously accept drugging our cats on teh nip.
Next Trump Declares War On Catnip!

Cat Almost Wrecked My Computer Mouse

It's really strange as he's never been like this before. Anyways, he's always messed with phone chargers and often would roll around with it. I kept an eye on him to make sure that he didn't mess with it while plugged in and he never did, but I have always been vigilant of that just in case. However, I never really thought a lot of it. Then, this morning I noticed that my computer mouse didn't fit in the jack on my computer which was odd. The end of the mouse was dangling because he never would chew on anything like that before but apparently he actually bit the metallic end of the mouse jack!

To my shock, there was a very large tooth mark that was difficult to bend back into place. He must have really bit down on it with a lot of force, which had me quite worried. It made me worried that he could break his tooth on something around the house. It also made me check to make sure that I don't leave anything plugged in while I'm gone if he's started chewing on things all of a sudden. Is there any way to be sure that he won't mess with things around the house, because apparently he did this with the mouse jack while I was asleep?

It's also strange to me that he never chewed on anything at all in the past, and he's 14 years old so I've known him for a long time. I've seen him bat stuff around and mess with things but he never really chewed on anything before, so I was never particularly concerned about him getting into anything. Seeing that made me worried though and caused me to unplug the lamps in the house when I'm gone to make sure he didn't mess with anything. Is there anything else I should do to keep him from chewing on stuff that could be dangerous? I gave him a toy to play with, so hopefully that keeps him occupied enough that he doesn't mess with things.

Maybe try getting your pet a pet? I hear some cats like fish (goldfish/beta fish are easy). Others seem to like plants. Others yet are content with empty boxes and things to play with.

I voted for cat person... but it's a close call. I love cats and dogs very much. I grew up with dogs and not cats, but I got 2 cats in 2005 and I still have them, and I just absolutely adore cats. A relationship with a cat is a little more like a relationship with an adult human than a dog is. They have to respect you and they don't obsessively crave your love. But especially with some cats (like mine), a very close relationship is entirely possible and very rewarding.

I have not had the pleasure of owning a cat. I would like to some day. They seem pretty cool and are super cute as kittens. I have had many dogs and loved all of them.
Currently have a rescue that is a Jack Russell mix. Beautiful dog named Lady. Dogs have always worked well with me. I would like a cat that can get along with a dog. Best of both worlds.

I have not had the pleasure of owning a cat. I would like to some day. They seem pretty cool and are super cute as kittens.
I do not think you would regret it. If the acquisition of a feline may be part of ones future, have it "fixed" ASAP. One doens't want cat "spray" all over the place and it seems to make them more docile, friendly, cuts down on the need to roam/fight and from what I understand can stave off many cat related health issues. No citations but surely just a click away.
IMO, they are smarter than dogs, have better memory, less "needy" and eat less <--- lol
Oh... most love string of any kind: I fount this to be true.
Sorry for the ramble but this coming from a previous "cat-indifferent" person (me).

i love animals--except dogs

What??!!??!!??!?!?

Dogs are the best, Internet dogs like Gabe the dog & my interweb doggo crush Cumlord are just heart melting cute.

50844778_107810156884159_6055160301718960612_n.jpg

Dogs are too high maintenance ime. Cats fit my own personality better. If someone has a well behaved dog I'll pet it or whatever but that's about it.

Dogs still in the lead... I anticipate harsh reprisals for this situation, like stuff knocked off tables by 🐱

Dogs are clearly superior...

Interesting that the cat competition is so fierce...

I like all animals personally but dogs are the mans best friend...