• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Mega Merged Drug Bust Thread v. "Drug Wars" a Bust

Germany: Police seize 50,000 LSD tabs in record haul against international drugs ring

Police from across Germany have reported on an intoxicating find in the south-western state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The LSD haul is the largest ever in Germany, and pan-European criminals are under suspicion.

44075682_303.jpg

Police in southwest Germany said on Monday that they seized 646 kilos (1,425 pounds) of drugs, including a record 49,500 tabs of LSD, during a raid against a suspected international drug ring earlier this year.

Police seized the drugs, which also included hashish, ecstasy and amphetamines, in January at two separate locations in the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The LSD haul amounted to Germany's largest ever seizure of the illegal drug.

Prosecutors said the drugs' street value was about ?9.8 million (11.4 million dollars).

Swedish origins

German authorities suspected an international drug ring was behind the stash after Swedish police made an earlier haul in mid-2017 that led police to a 33-year-old couple living in Andernach, a small town in northern Rhineland-Palatinate.

Police went on to identify a total of 11 suspects and believe the ring has been active across Europe, smuggling drugs to and from Britain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden.

During the January raid, police also arrested seven suspects, four of whom had been residing in Rhineland-Palatinate.

Rolf Wissen, a spokesman for the prosecutor's office, said officials had not released information about the haul until now because the investigation is still ongoing.

Source: https://www.dw.com/en/german-police...l-against-international-drugs-ring/a-44075707

Just looking at the pic makes my bladder hurt. Love me some K or (excuse me) “date rape drug” lol.

So, erm, I should probably know this, but, isn't GHB dubbed the so-called "date rape drug"? Or are there several in total or..?

^If we are speaking in Highlander terms and there can only be one, I would consider alcohol as THE date rape drug. Too bad they don’t sell ketamine in liquor stores(obviously not ment for said purpose on my part).

^If we are speaking in Highlander terms and there can only be one, I would consider alcohol as THE date rape drug.

Yep, and it would be quite silly for it to be introduced in news articles as "the date-rape drug," or "the liver-cancer drug," for that matter. If only journalists realised that it's just as silly (sillier, in fact, due to being less accurate) in the case of other drugs...

So, erm, I should probably know this, but, isn't GHB dubbed the so-called "date rape drug"? Or are there several in total or..?

GHB and rohypnol, usually. This article is interesting:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...d-date-rape-victims-simply-drunk-7170389.html

The vast majority of women who claim to be victims of 'date-rape' drugs like Rohypnol were actually rendered helpless by binge-drinking or taking recreational drugs, police have revealed.

A major study by the Association of Chief Police Officers found 'no evidence' of widespread use of Rohypnol in alleged drug-assisted rapes or sexual assaults.

They found only 'limited traces' of GHB, another drug said to be widely used by predatory rapists.

If someone didn't know they got a potent fent analogue on their skin and it had enough time to absorb would it not cause an OD?

The sources quoted in the Snopes story seem to believe that is highly unlikely that this would happen. I haven't seen any evidence that would suggest otherwise, other than claims from police and hyperventilating journalists, who are hardly experts.

In response to the post claiming that Fentanyl can't kill by skin contact, I remembered this tragic news article
I know that age played a huge factor in this case, but just putting it out there

That case involved a transdermal fentanyl patch, which has been engineered to allow the fentanyl it contains to be absorbed through the skin.

^ i read somewhere kinda recently that some funeral parlours in parts of canada have been keeping narcan (or some kind of opioid antagonist) on hand because of the risk posed to morticians in handling bodies of people that have been using - or perhaps handling - super potent opioids, and the dangers of inadvetant exposure have been widely reported (but granted, that in itself is pretty meaningless - there are countless scary drug myths that get retold as truth)
In the case of some of the fent analogues, some of which are way stronger than fentanyl itself (such as carfentanyl) it doesn't seem too far-fetched to assume that accidental exposure could present a serious risk.

I wonder where the cops got that figure.... according to my calculations... they must have pulled it straight out of their asses.

I don't know about this jurisdiction, but in some places they charge you for the full weight of the drug + inactives. That is why, for example, they started selling LSD on blotter.
Back in the 60s and early 70s they sold acid in pills that were highly bulked-out with inactive filler - but then people would get charged for multiple grams worth of "LSD" - basically commercial supply sorts of weight in the medium they originally sold a couple of hits in.

Still regardless of that I'm sure they recovered a massive amount of fent from them. I feel no sympathy anyone who goes to prison for pushing h cut with that crap.

Agreed I think fent distribution should be the only thing that warrarnts decades of prison time.

No selling bags, but the ppl actually making the product with the fent laced in

Ketamine a date rape drug? Try slipping 200mg into someone's drink and see if they notice ...lol.

Quite.

And I can't see it being practical to surreptitiously add what may as well be salt, at least, taste-wise into somebody's beer, takes what, 3-4g to reliably knock someone out (obviously a wouldbe rapist is going to have to be able to guarantee that the entire quantity intended is consumed, and has no idea how many alcoholic drinks someone is going to consume, so factoring in the alcohol would be difficult, unless someone is already pissed)

I think I'd have to be REALLY pissed before I'd stop noticing several grams of salt in my pint. And GBL...forget it. There's only one way I can get that stuff down, and THAT doesn't involve going DOWN at all ;P

We're going to snort K till we get to electric avenue and then we take it higher.

AUS: Hundreds of kilos of meth worth $30million discovered in shipment of NOODLES

dcecda5c-7af2-423e-b799-e58665ec742b-450x310.jpg

BBLJR8H.img

Two men have been arrested and charged with a string of offences after police seized 300kg of methamphetamine with an estimated street value of $30million.

Detectives launched an investigation into a suspicious air freight that was flown into Sydney in July.

ABF officers were able to locate a substance which returned a positive result for methamphetamine concealed within the shipment of noodles and Asian spices.

One kilogram of methamphetamine has an estimated street value of approximately $100,000

The methamphetamine will be tested further to determine the exact weight, purity and potential street value.

The AFP and NSWPF received some of the substance for testing which lead to the arrest of two Sydney men.

A 53-year-old man was arrested at his Bonnyrigg home while meeting with a 42-year-old Canley Vale man.

The men were both charged with importing a commercial quantity of border controlled drugs and attempt to possess a commercial quantity of border controlled drugs.

The maximum penalty for both charges is a life sentence, the men are due to appear before the Sydney Central Local Court on Friday.

AFP Organised Crime Manager, acting Commander Peter Bodel, said the arrests demonstrated the 'ability and responsiveness' shown by the joint investigation.

'This drug wreaks havoc on communities and impacts all across Australia,' he said.

'Stopping this importation has not only potentially saved lives, it has damaged a syndicate who will not receive the profit from their illicit drug trade.'

ABF Investigations Commander Graeme Grosse said the seizure showed that the ABF was always committed to stopping the flow of illicit and drugs into the country.

LARGE DRUG SEIZURES IN AUSTRALIAN
December 2017: Law enforcement seize 1.2 tonnes of methamphetamine in Western Australia worth $1billion.

April 2017: Victorian Law enforcement seize 903kg of methamphetamine worth $900million in Melbourne.

July 2008: Queensland Police seize marijuana crop worth an estimated $500million near Stanthorpe.

October 2010: AFP and Customs seize 464kg of cocaine from a luxury yacht moored at Scarborough.

December 2006: NSW Police seize 18 million ecstasy tablets worh $540million

August 2018: Queensland law enforcement seize 600kg of cocaine worth $210million

August 2018: Joint police task force seize 300kg of methamphetamine worth $30million in Sydney

'Through the ABF?s sophisticated detection capabilities and by working with our Home Affairs and state police colleagues we have stopped these drugs reaching the community,' he said.

'Today?s result should serve as a warning to anyone attempting to bring these illegal, harmful substances into Australia.'

'This will not be tolerated by the ABF and our partners.'

The syndicate behind the importation will now be a major focus of the investigation as the joint investigation will now link up with overseas partners.

The largest seizure of methamphetamine in Australian history took place in 2017 when police seized 1.2 tonnes worth an estimated $1billion in the West Australian port town of Geraldton.

The second biggest drug seizure in Australian history also happened in 2017 when Victorian police seized 903kg of methamphetamine, The Australian reported.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...red-in-shipment-of-noodles/ar-BBLJJH2#image=3

Mexico: 50 tonnes of meth seized in Sinaloa; estimated value US $5 billion

MEXICOMETH_1120_SEMAR.jpg

Marines seized 50 tonnes of methamphetamine Thursday from a clandestine drug lab located in the mountains near Culiac?n, Sinaloa, the Secretariat of the Navy (Semar) said yesterday.

The seized drugs have an estimated value of US $5 billion, in accordance with illicit drug price data from the United States Department of Justice.

Semar said in a statement that marines raided a lab located about 30 kilometers from the state capital near the small town of Alcoyonqui.

They dismantled the lab and two underground storage facilities where the meth, in both liquid and solid form, was found inside drums and plastic containers.

Precursor chemicals and other materials and equipment for the manufacture of methamphetamine were also seized.

The drugs and chemicals were incinerated on site due to the difficult access to the location, Semar said.

The seizure is one of the biggest synthetic drug busts ever made in Mexico and the largest single confiscation of meth in Sinaloa.

Semar said the seizure would weaken criminal organizations and avoid a large quantity of methamphetamine from reaching both domestic and international markets.

The navy secretariat released video footage and photographs yesterday showing marines in hazmat suits examining the seized products.

meth2-768x512.jpg

Intelligence reports indicated that large quantities of drugs were being produced in the Alcoyonqui area, leading marines to the lab?s location. The operation was supported by both land and air units of the navy.

Local media said the land where the drugs were found is controlled by the Sinaloa Cartel, while the newspaper El Diario reported that the drugs likely belonged to Ismael ?El Mayo? Zambada, the cartel?s suspected leader.

Mexico is a major supplier of methamphetamine and heroin to the United States.

Mexican and U.S. law enforcement authorities announced new security strategies this week including the creation of a joint investigative team that will target the leaders and finances of Mexican cartels that ship drugs into the United States.

The former leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, Joaqu?n ?El Chapo? Guzm?n, is currently incarcerated in the United States and will face trial later this year.

Source: https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/50-tonnes-of-meth-seized-in-sinaloa-estimated-value-us-5-billion/

Marines seized 50 tonnes of methamphetamine Thursday from a clandestine drug lab located in the mountains near Culiac?n, Sinaloa, the Secretariat of the Navy (Semar) said yesterday.

50, million, grams.

Damn.

What a fucking waste..

Colombia: massive bust suggests drug mules are swallowing wads of dirty cash
Joe Parkin Daniels
The Guardian
December 6th, 2018

International drug traffickers have long used people as mules to smuggle their products overseas but a massive bust in Colombia suggests they are now using the same method to bring their dirty cash home.

On Thursday Colombian authorities at Bogota's international airport arrested 27 people accused of swallowing wads of cash and bringing them into the South American nation from Mexico. The money, sent by Mexican drug cartels, was intended to pay Colombian gangs for cocaine.

Authorities said that mules often swallowed up to 120 pellets of cash, with five $100 bills in each latex capsule. A typical ingestion would conceal and move $40,000 a person, though investigators said they previously caught someone with $75,000 in their system.

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Ice) assisted with the operation that brought down Thursday’s smuggling ring.

Read the full story here.