• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 653 days...

...an estimated guess of how many days I've been smoking straight daily, I'm about to take my first break since I was like 18, man. Don't know why I'm posting this....maybe for some encouragement

Peace guys ++

heh yeh man good luck with that! Hey i probably shouldn't say this cause I don't know why you're quitting, but if having a lil toke on the weekends only never hurt anyone. This is from a daily smoker turned weekend toker lol.

who%20cares.JPG

:D

..sorry, had to.

Well I wish you the best of luck, man. Seen many people do tough breaks after long use and they make it through just fine, so don't worry.

funks_hybrid said:
Well I wish you the best of luck, man. Seen many people do tough breaks after long use and they make it through just fine, so don't worry.

co-sign, im in the process of a court ordered break from a 2,500 day streak, after a few weeks ur sleep n' eatin will return to normal and its smooth sailing.

19 now, smoking since 15. Longest break I've had was like 20 days or something...anyways i think it's now time to quit, and I've got a friend who's doing it with me...so anytime I am fiending, we can go play basketball or whatever...we'll see how it goes.

Right now it's Monday night, and I haven't smoked bud since Saturday night, which was only a few bowls between some friends. I've been smoking everyday for roughly a year, and started almost three years ago.

I've been wanting to take a break for some time, but the problem is, if I have bud, then it's definatly being smoked. But this weekend my source was dry, and a friend got busted so I decided laying low for a bit wouldn't be a bad idea. Now i'm definatly not quitting, I just want to take a break so atleast my tolerance will go down a bit.

I always smoke a bowl before I go to bed to help me sleep, so once I can adjust to going to sleep not high it shouldn't be much of a problem. It's been going pretty well so far, except the last two days at work i've been really irritable and also towards my parents. They know what the story is so they are pretty understanding about the matter.

Let's see how long I can go. Tomorrow will be the real test to see if I can decline the joint or bowl when it's passed in my direction.

Good luck to everyone else who's quitting/taking a break from pot.

I did not want to stop smoking but i have to for a while for legal reasons and the courts. I havnt smoked for about 2 months and at first it seemed like it was going to be hard as hell but somehow i eventually got use to not smoking. Yes i still do have urges alot but i seem to easily wipe them aside. I probably have 3 more months of not smoking and hopefully thats the maximum maybe it'll be less, i hope!

Decided to give up the greens yesterday. I have been a daily smoker for close to 3 years now, and I need to stop for financial and mental reasons.

Its my first day, and Im not looking foward to the nexat week :(

iv been a daily smoker since...forever.

Now im on probation and get random drug tests so i have decided to not fuck this up for myself and im quiting for the next year and a half.
i dont know if it will be possible for me but i really cant afford to screw up my probation.

how do u all deal with the cravings?

Keeping busy is the best way to get around the craving Ive found, although its still early days. I even managed to turn down a joint yesterday when it was offered to me!

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead of 2006 but I am in the middle of trying to stop smoking. Today will be 14 days, which is good for me, and I was a chronic smoker for about a year.

The only reason I'm stopping though is so I can pass any drug tests I may have to take in the near future for a job after graduation. It's only Feb but I have no idea when or even if I'll be getting tested but to be safe I decided to stop and its a whole lot harder than I thought :( But 14 days strong and I guess thats considered a good start? I'm thinking that after 30 or so days I should be clean, maybe even after 20 or so, but I'm thinking 30 to be on the safe side.

I just keep drinking fluids and been trying to work out more often..used to be in shape but then drugs and school got in the way. It seems like MJ is hard to stop but I know it compares absolutely nothing to opiates or cocaine withdrawal. Anyway..I'm done with my rant.

Hate to bring this thread back from the dead again, but I think I am going to quit tomorrow.

There are people, there are drugs, and there are relationships between people and drugs. Weed is not at all a bad drug, but I have developed a dependent, escapist relationship with it.

I smoke about 3.5g of highest-grade California medical weed per day. I have not had a single day that I did not smoke marijuana since April of '07. I can't afford it in my finances or personal life any more, at least not for a little while.

I have quit opiates and benzos cold turkey with no relapses, but it is so hard to get serious enough about quitting weed to actually do it.

^ Do it man. It's hard at first, but you won't look back.

I recently quit every day use and I'm telling you, you don't know whats gone till you have it back. I feel so much more energetic, social and motivated to actually do things. The clear headedness is almost like a different high after being stoned for so long. Oh and having memory back is amazing.

Get some anti histamines for sleeping perhaps (The insomnia is the worst part).

Are you planning on still smoking occasionaly? I am, but have stopped smoking for 2 weeks now. Never again will I smoke daily though. The peroid I smoked daily is just a huge blur to me now.

I'm sure everyone is different, but I really find it hard to live a normal life while getting high all the time. It's do able, and sure being high is fun but....eh. I like to feel grounded and alive.

I'm also looking forward to that first high after a long break. Oh how sweet it will be! :)

Good luck.

Its so hard to quit smoking when all your friends have it and you just cant pass up free smoke...

Status
Not open for further replies.