• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Meds causing halluinations during w/d

sleepwalker

Bluelighter
hey, i had to kick my habit of fent patches some time ago, and smoked a joint at night and took some amytriptyline,30Mg and got stuck in a very intense trip.
I didn't know my way around in the house, couldnt find the buttons on my stereo,couldn't find my way upstairs etc.8o

Last night i was in withdrawl, and took a combo of 50mg Oxazepam in the morning, 50 in the evening, 2x phenergan and a 25mg Nozinan (levomoprazine)
That last combo shouldt be the total knock out combo, as my personal pharmacy told me but again i started tripping., like crazy.
Talking to people who weren't there, seeing all kinds of weird stuff.
Went outside for the itch in my legs and arms was pretty bad, i couldn't sit still.
every few minutes i'd have to stop walking to recognize where the heck i was.
I found several joints, i forgot to put weed in...8o

Anyone have the same expierience of med induced hallucinations during witdrawl???

But on the other hand, finally i fell asleep and i've had the worst behind me.
Feeling good again today!!!=D=D=D

Withdrawal is awful and nobody should have to go through it, but Im not so sure it would cause those kinds of effects. I guess its possible, severe withdrawal causing anything wouldnt really surprise me. My guess is it was the marijuana possibly made more intense in combination with the other drugs such as the oxazepam. Marijuana is known for causing halucinations in some people. I hallucinated a little when I smoked marijuana, but it was usually limited to hearing the occasional voice say something.

lol, well, i live in a country with a legalisation policy, but hallucinating from weed has only happened when eating to much space cake.

I remember a similar expierience years ago, when i went with my mom to A far away country.
I had no money left and wanted to kick the habit.
But when we arrived i panicked and ate a lot of antidepressants.
It dropped me into a very sick trip at the time.

Yesterday wasn't frightening and it killed the time, so it kinda helped.

Note, it's ill adviced to combine promethazine (Phenergan) with levomepromazine (Nozinan)
one on one will send you to sleep for 16 hours, 2 on 2 you may survive, but 3 on 3 is defenate ICU or cemetry.
Please don't fool around with that combo, for it can be very deadly.

I have had mild hallucinations while In wd from IV morphine.but it wasn't quite like yours.mine was always more when I was in that half awake and half asleep having dope sick feverish dreams that were a lot like hallucinations.and they seemed very real,especially sex dreams which always ended up being wet dreams!

Anticholinergics cause delirium/hallucinations very commonly, especially combined with weed.

Amitriptyline, levomepromazine and promethazine are all anticholinergics so they'll have the same delirium-inducing side-effects of a drug like Benadryl/Diphenhydramine. Exhaustion/sleep deprivation from withdrawal further exacerbated this leaving you more susceptible.

I had an abscessed tooth and it was keeping me up so I got 4 50 mg tablets of promethazine and put them in a half 20 oz bottle of sprite and let em dizzolve then I shook it up and chugged it tasted terrible but not to long after I started tripping I would be talking to my girlfriend and my cousin would ask who I was talking to and I said Karlie and pointed and she wasn't there I was like oh shit anyways I ended up not sleeping all night being in a delirium in my head there was 6 people in my room my cousin me and my girlfriend and 3 of her friends I was laying on the couch and I woke up she was in the bed with the girl they were having sex I got mad and went outside and in my delirium state I would forget things almost as soon as they happened so when I went to my driveway I noticed my girlfriend car wasn't there so I started walking down the drive way and I saw her car and one of my good buddies truck my friends truck pulled off and then I started actually texting my girlfriend at 5 am acussing her of cheating and she was like wtf are you talking about and I was just texting mad nonsense then I started seeing her again on a tree branch and this black guy behind her I started talking to them and I asked who he was he said he was there for her protection and I was like for what then he was gone so I was talking to my girlfriend again which was really a tree branch then I was talking to her again and she was a mailbox my aunt said I told her I seen a huge snake and that my uncle killed it and he was at work so I was also seeing him and two little girls playing with the snake then these scarecrows my aunt has on her porch was telling me they got jobs and shit my cousin said I stood there and talked to the air vent forever and that I was talking about a red flying elephant anyways it was crazy I had a whole night / morning of delirium I would say it was quite scary not being able to tell the difference between what was real and not

I had an abscessed tooth and it was keeping me up so I got 4 50 mg tablets of promethazine and put them in a half 20 oz bottle of sprite and let em dizzolve then I shook it up and chugged it tasted terrible but not to long after I started tripping I would be talking to my girlfriend and my cousin would ask who I was talking to and I said Karlie and pointed and she wasn't there I was like oh shit anyways I ended up not sleeping all night being in a delirium in my head there was 6 people in my room my cousin me and my girlfriend and 3 of her friends I was laying on the couch and I woke up she was in the bed with the girl they were having sex I got mad and went outside and in my delirium state I would forget things almost as soon as they happened so when I went to my driveway I noticed my girlfriend car wasn't there so I started walking down the drive way and I saw her car and one of my good buddies truck my friends truck pulled off and then I started actually texting my girlfriend at 5 am acussing her of cheating and she was like wtf are you talking about and I was just texting mad nonsense then I started seeing her again on a tree branch and this black guy behind her I started talking to them and I asked who he was he said he was there for her protection and I was like for what then he was gone so I was talking to my girlfriend again which was really a tree branch then I was talking to her again and she was a mailbox my aunt said I told her I seen a huge snake and that my uncle killed it and he was at work so I was also seeing him and two little girls playing with the snake then these scarecrows my aunt has on her porch was telling me they got jobs and shit my cousin said I stood there and talked to the air vent forever and that I was talking about a red flying elephant anyways it was crazy I had a whole night / morning of delirium I would say it was quite scary not being able to tell the difference between what was real and not

If that tale wasn't crazy funny, it'd be scary!