• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Medication that stops you shaking

maxade

Ex-Bluelighter
Are there any medications that stop a person from shaking? Possibly from drug use.
Thankyou
:?

Shaking while on drugs or shaking while sober after a period of drug use? Are you on any medications?

The medical advice for dealing with a drug- or medication-induced tremor is to discontinue the drug or medication. If it persists and it's bad enough for you to worry about, you should see a doctor to rule out serious medical causes.

There are medications for specific tremors (Parkinsonian tremors, non-Parkinsonian action tremors, etc) but the treatments are different depending on the type of tremor and they've all got pretty serious side effects. People are generally only prescribed them if the tremor is seriously debilitating (i.e. having a major negative impact on your life) or likely to get worse.

shaking while sober.
I'm on Abilify, Clonazepam and a beta blocker

Interesting! Clonazepam and beta blockers are actually used to treat one kind of tremor (the same kind - essential tremor) but Abilify can cause a completely different kind of tremor (Parkinsonian). No one can diagnose you over the internet - I'd advise seeing a doctor to rule out your meds causing it and make sure it's not something serious.

CBD is being looked into by gw parm for epilepsy and such. It could be a useful compound. CBD is one of many cannabinoids found in cannabis.

There are two classes of drugs that treat myoclonus: Gabapentin or lyrica - these work really well
and D2 agonists - never tried

Also
GHB/ GBL

if your in a real pinch- phenibut

Commin off opiates?

Abilify is a partial D2 agonist. I wouldn't advise adding another one (especially long term) without consulting a doctor.

I also wouldn't describe myoclonus as a tremor, although I don't know for sure that that's not what the OP was referring to. Myoclonus is a very distinctive 'twitch', not a 'shake'.

If your shaking while sober you should take your benzo and betablocker less often so your body can adjust, its most likely mild withrawal.

i looked up Shaking on WebMD and got like 20 results
i would see a doctor.
Depending on your age, you might want to be screened for Parkinson's, if you don't catch that early it is way worse for you, altho if you have it it's gonna suck either way

Seriously cannabis and cannabinoids particularly cbd and thc with thv. Even just the hemp derived cbd tinctures sold online legal. It's expensive, but if you can show proof of it working I'm sure your doctors would find a solution

beta blokers ay work but you ight hae to get an EG done first also beta blokers hae unwanted sside effets

Beta blockers fuck with your natural heart rythem, which can become problematic

A muscle relaxer or something that relieves tension is what you need. Although you should see a professional if you haven't already as they would know more than people here incl me.
But here are some suggestions anyways...
So along the lines of .. From safest to least (kinda... imo)...Good thing to consider if your looking for something to use long term and this is a harm prevention site after all. These may work... Hopefully !...

-Marijuana (not sure how strong of a muscle relaxant it actually is. For me its quite strong)
-Methocarbamol which is OTC or some sort of OTC muscle relaxer. Maybe theres prescription ones you can get if you saw a doc.
-The no drug method - Excersise , streches, yoga etc. Maybe a seeing a physiotherapist ? :S

If those dont work and you have seen a dr with no success. Or are seeing a doc maybe suggest these to your doc.. Wouldn't recommend self medicating with these...

-Possibly Trazadone, Seroquel or a light dose of a typical sleep aid.
-A little
-Benzos (dont get into these unless you really have to. Especially if your not taking it for anxiety)
-Lyrica
-Gabapentin
-Beta Blockers like people said.

I suffer from a neurological disorder that gives me tremors. I'm not on meds for it specifically but I believe epival can help (I'm on that for bi-polar), also benzo's like clonazepam can also really help.

I take clonazepam and it doesn't work for me. Not for panic attacks, anxiety, nothing.