• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Medication Interaction and DNP?

BritishLad

Bluelighter
Hi I'm on quetiapine, valium and pregabalin and due to my anxiety disorder and the benzo addiction I cannot loose weight that easy as I did before. I use to be 20 stone went down to 16 stone in 4 months or so, I'm wondering is DNP safe to mix with the medication I'm on? As DNP causes lethargy and quentiapine make you sleepy (not much for me now though) is it a safe mixture?
Personally I don't see any direct interactions but I wanna check, also I plan on a low dose of 250mg a day for a month or more depending on how it goes.

Don't take DNP, the side effects are really dangerous, once a girl overdosed on it and more or less burned from the inside. Doctors couldn't even help her anymore :/

I've taken it before and been fine, but I respect your advise but have done 3 cycle on it.

Considering the bad side effects and that you take quetiapine and pregabalin (What are your doses by the way for both medicines, the seroquel and lyrica?) which both cause considerable weight gain, I wouldn't risk the side effects for something that probably won't break through those two medicines. I would ask your doctor about something like phentermine or Belviq. Or wellbutrin and topamax are other options since the first two are CIV substances.

You could try 5htp. The serotonin it creates in your brain will naturally activate your 5HT-2C receptor which is what Belviq works on to induce weight loss.

Post back and let us know your doses because seroquels can range from 50mg at bedtime to 400mg in the morning and 400mg at bedtime. Lyrica has quite a dosage range too.

DNP is some crazy shit.

Discovered by my motherland, Russia. They used it to keep soldiers warm during winter. Extreme weight loss was noted as a side effect.

It's not like an opiate or a benzo where everyone knows that base line tolerance is somewhere around X amount of milligrams.

With DNP, you don't know. Any dose can be too much for you. It greatly varies from person to person.

Another thing is its inverse tolerance, so to speak. You take a certain amount of it and tolerate well, now you feel safe with that amount. The problem is that the longer you take it the less tolerant you become to it. The effects of the drug become stronger as your body grows less tolerant.

DNP stops cell energy production. In turn, the body is then forced to use its carbohydrate and fat stores.

It's cool in theory but very harsh to your body, it seems.

Side Effects:

Extreme sweating
Yellow bodily fluids
Shortness of breath
Dehydration
Nausea
Depletion of electrolytes Insomnia Increase in appetite
Shortness of breath
Decreased insulin production
Decreased T3 levels

Info was derived from this website: https://content.tigerfitness.com/are-bodybuilders-dying-for-dnp/

Yeah I know how bad the sides can be and how bad the dosage is to get, also I'm on 200mg twice a day then 400mg at night of quetiapine and 75mg three times a day pregabalin. 10mg valium twice a day. For sides I get hot on 250mg and tired but nothing terrible unless I'm on 500mg+.
I did have some memantine somewhere which stops the quetiapine weight gain if it happens, I havn't got any yet. But struggle to loose it but only gain it if I eat to much.

Yeah see those are dosages that would cause mad munchies in me! Lol does DNP decrease appetite or just cause weight loss? Cause with those meds you'd want something that would decrease appetite.

I eat once a day but sometimes snack, even on one meal (healthy) a day for weeks I loose nothing. Due to the medication or my bodying hitting its limit and stomach getting use to eating less. Oddly enough I don't get munchies... well I may get them now and then lol DNP just causes weight loss from what I know.

How much do you weigh then? There are safer options. Why don't you ask your doctor about the medicines I suggested like phentermine or Belviq. Phentermine is a stimulant too so it will promote a nice feeling of well being alongside the lyrica. Do you have depression? If so I'm curious to know if the memantine helped with that since NMDA antagonists are being studied as a treatment for MDD

Yeah see those are dosages that would cause mad munchies in me! Lol does DNP decrease appetite or just cause weight loss? Cause with those meds you'd want something that would decrease appetite.

I don't think you understand how DNP works.

Like my post above says, it completely kills cell energy production. The way your body is supposed to get energy gets spotted by DNP.

It forces your body to use your stored carbohydrates and fats for energy. People lose 3.3 pounds a week on average while eating whatever and as much as they want. It actually increases your appetite, but your body gets cooked on the inside to the point where you food intake doesn't matter.

DNP blows 5HTP, Wellbutrin, Effexor and any amphetamine based appetite suppressors or anything else out of the water. None of it even holds a candle to DNP.

The problem with DNP is that there is a big price to pay. A dose mistake can kill you.

How much do you weigh then? There are safer options. Why don't you ask your doctor about the medicines I suggested like phentermine or Belviq. Phentermine is a stimulant too so it will promote a nice feeling of well being alongside the lyrica. Do you have depression? If so I'm curious to know if the memantine helped with that since NMDA antagonists are being studied as a treatment for MDD
Stimulants don't go well with me, they give me anxiety usually. I weight 212lb i.e 212 pounds. At 5'10 maybe 5'11. Sadly I didn't take memantine long enough to know if it worked, but there are many reports of it helping stop weight gain from medication.
The most DNP I took is 750mg which was way to much, wasn't in pain but sweatying was unreal. Just hoping there isn't any interactions as I plan on DNP and probaly a smoothie fast. Burning up all my fat. And in the uk Phentermine isn't something we have, I also would have a hard time getting any stimulant prescribed. And sadly I don't like the idea of being on a stimulant for a long time, as I belive it causes dopamine problems even if it's a mild stimulant.

That's what I was asking--how it works. And that's why I was recommending alternatives such as phentermine and Belviq. Because of the benefit to risk profile of DNP

Belviq isn't a stimulant it's serotonergic and activates the 5ht 2 receptors and topamax is a very good weight loss medicine. Has the DNP been working well for you though?

I don't think there's any interactions. DNP isn't psychoactive Is it?

Nah it's a poison really, but a useful one at a certain dosage. I've had very good results on it before, also I don't get on well with serotonergic drugs. Last time I took provac I went mental and it caused me hell, even MDAI (only MD drug I've taken) I love the high. But the comedown messes with my mind way to much. Also seems like an anti-depressent, which you have to take long enough and will get withdrawal. Is it like that? I like to stick to what I know if you get me.

Belviq isn't a reuptake inhibitor though it's very different than Prozac. It directly activates the 5HT 2C receptor and at higher doses 2A which is the receptor responsible for psychedelia so if you're into that high doses will be similar to psychedelic drugs but it has NOTHING in common with antidepressants like prozac or Zoloft and celexa. And it's not a releasing agent like MDMA, mdai, or fenfluramine.

I see, I will look it up and see how effective it is. And if it's possible to get it prescribed to me. I do know DNP speeds up your metobolism by 50%. I presume Belviq is more of a long term slow working drug with less sides.

That's what I was asking--how it works. And that's why I was recommending alternatives such as phentermine and Belviq. Because of the benefit to risk profile of DNP

Belviq isn't a stimulant it's serotonergic and activates the 5ht 2 receptors and topamax is a very good weight loss medicine. Has the DNP been working well for you though?

I don't think there's any interactions. DNP isn't psychoactive Is it?

What DNP essentially does is sabotage energy production on a cellular level. Think of it as sabotaging a fuel pump by drilling a hole into the storage tank, forcing the pump to burn more energy because it constantly has to run in high gear to keep the tank from running out.

Problem is that the pump can easily overheat at this rate - or, if we're talking about a human being, suffer severe hyperthermia leading to multi-organ failure.

Damon. I was thinking of seeing what it was like but now that I see hyperthermia no thanks. This sounds like it shouldn't even be put in the human body...

That is only if you take 10 or more 250mg pills at once, I've had 3 cycles on it and never felt like I was gonna die even at 750mg I was only sweating a lot I was sick but I got a cold at the same time, not due to DNP. You would need to on purpose take to many, that's why people with anorexia have died from it. Because they want to be so thin they take to many. If you stick to less than 750mg your fine in my experiance.