• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Venting Medical bill madness & doctors that aren't helping- Rant

Lizzy1Fair

Bluelighter
:mad:I am disgusted every time I get these statements that break down how much was billed to the insurance. It legit makes me want to vomit. Just walking into the facility costs $700. and each iron infusion costs $686 on top of that. There's even a billing code for insertion of needle into vein for the collection of blood sample. Saline is $100.. but sometimes it comes out to be $83. Then I have my psychiatrist who bills for psychotherapy that never happens. Not sure how he gets away what that for every client he has because he sees 4 people in an hour. I think I'm just mentally done with dealing with doctors these days. I've been seeing them since I was 16 and a lot of them have made my body worse than better. Also.. a lot of the times, people are left not getting their needs met. I have gone through that and have read a lot of people not getting a script for instance, that is sufficient for the entire month or until they get a refill again and they suffer. This happened to my friend who has absolutely no substance abuse history and actually is very healthy and never goes to the doctor. He injured himself and when he went to the doctor for severe back pain to get something for relief, they refused him and sent him home with nothing. What can be done? how do you deal with this kind of thing?

Best advice I can give is don't go to the doctor. It's kind of like calling the police. It never turns out better when they show up.

:ROFLMAO: That is soooo true. Unfortunately, I need them for certain things if i want to stay alive. I didn't know back then what I know now and the damage is done.

have my psychiatrist who bills for psychotherapy that never happens
Your insurance would probably be interested in hearing that, especially if you can prove it.
Not sure how he gets away what that for every client he has because he sees 4 people in an hour.
Sounds like faking the paperwork. Billing insurance for services not provided is insurance fraud, and a crime that affects you directly as well.
I think I'm just mentally done with dealing with doctors these days.
Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat and have been for a while.. I should probably get a check up, but like you mention the cost of it all is insane. Had some dental work done recently, and after they had began, the billing guy comes up and lets me know the procedure actually isn't covered so I'll have to pay out of pocket, and they only offer a few month long payment plans.

I saw a picture of a tattoo that said "do not resuscitate" across his chest, and honestly thought "not a bad idea, probably save my family a grip of money". Can't help but to wonder if the free health insurance has anything to do with why people are so friendly in Canada... :LOL: