Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Media and their ignorance

TranceNation

Bluelighter
Was comming home from work and dad had 2UE 954am on the radio here in Sydney.

Now the radio host was talking about that study of 1 in 5 teenagers having tried ecstasy before etc.

What pisses me off is what he said. He made some really rash comments on how ecstasy is the 'absolute worst' and how dance parties now days were all about 'popping ecstasy and drinking bottled water'.

Why do we have such ignorant fucks on the radio giving mixed up information to the public. Now, I for one know that many parrents listen to the radio and have no idea what ecstasy is, now after hearing that their initial reaction is going to be that this drug is evil etc.

If we can't educate society on drugs and have people like this radio host mouthing of shit then how can sites like blue lite really achieve their goals on educating the public on drugs

I for one would like to see more education pumped out to society on the nature of drugs, not just made up crap which is going to make parrents paranoid and give the public the wrong idea.

To make things worse a man called up and explained how one of his relatives had tried ecstasy in Thailand and it fucked up him so bad , that he was in a coma and then had to be transfered to a special institution where he is permantely disabled and has people to take care of him for the rest of his life.

Now my sympathys go out to this man and his family, but first of all he obviously he had now idea what he had took (sounds like stricnene to me) and also he must have been highly unfortunate that he took a really bad pill, the caller also made the statement how 'for all the young people taking ecstasy come and see my cousin down in canberra'

Once again the wrong message is being sent out, I can understand if he's very upset but now people listening to the radio are once again going to think ecstasy is an absolutely evil drug in which people can end up disabled from, and honestly how wrong is this?

^These days it is up to individuals to make an informed decision themselves. The problem is most parents are close minded office sitting retards (no offence intended). Luckily mine aren't and would just turn off such nonsense being broadcasted over the radio.

At the end of the day it depends if the individual has tried drugs or not, because then they will know that what the media tells the public is 99.9% B.S. So if we start getting everyone to try drugs, the public will be properly informed... who's with me! =D

i agree, my mates all think these same views that are fed to them by the fucking media, so in turn i get alotta shit about my drug usage

they dont understand that i take precautions to ensure that i minimise any harm put on my body

also, i dunno about the whole 1 in 5 teenagers trying ecstasy thing, i know its only a small segment, but i know pretty much everyone in my school year (just finished year 12) really well (150 ppl). out of this 150 ppl i can think of about 5-6 who have tried it, including myself

and i know that prolly alot of ppl in the year mite have just been waiting to finish school before they tried it, i still think its a misleading figure

Last edited:
^^^

this man sounds likes hes read 'high society' by ben elton
if not, i suggest u do, its fuckin mad

either way, i still agree with u 100%

edit: i also read somewhere that if MDMA was manufactured on a large scale basis, the average cost to produce one pill would be around the 50 cent mark, even if it was only sold at 5 bucks, imagine the revenue the government would collect on that!

the only reason alcohol and cigarettes are legal is the fact that
a) if they tried to take it away now, there would be a huge uproar from the public AND

b) the treasury would be broke because they would lose the money they recieve from cigarettes+alcohol

sephrioth said:
the only reason alcohol and cigarettes are legal is the fact that
a) if they tried to take it away now, there would be a huge uproar from the public AND

b) the treasury would be broke because they would lose the money they recieve from cigarettes+alcohol

Not to mention the fact that alcohol and cigarettes (tobacco) has been around for what, thousands of years, so we have a very good idea on the long term use and abuse of these substances, not just in 1 or 5 or 10 or 20 year periods of use, but lifetimes (to an extent)...

I'm all for the legalisation of drugs, but there are reasons for people to be worried

yes, but theyve been around for thousands of years and we see how many ppl they kill each year(in the 100's of thousands). ie lung cancer, liver problems, kidney problems, drink driving, alcohol fuelled brawls, etc

yet they are still legal

I see your point, but imho no truth or fact ever gets spoken on talk back radio. If someone considers talk back as a relevant source of info, then they are probably beyond educating.;)

On a lighter note, anyone remember when John Safran stooged that talk back radio host on his Musical Jamboree show? =D

John Safran show was brilliant

Talk back radio as you said , should just be left for the ignorant, the nieve and the stupid