• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MDPV Replacement - Pentedrone vs a-PVP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitchenChemist

Greenlighter
A friend of mine got himself into a bit of a habitual jam when MDPV (Methylenedioxypyrovalerone) was available. Now that it is no longer obtainable for the most part, he has been keeping his DA and NE levels elevated with whatever he can find. Even though a lot of folks condemn MDPV, he used it very responsibly, functioned well, and suffered no ill effects. And, I am worried about him now, because believe it or not, he seems to be even worse off now, on various pharmaceutical stimulants.

I am looking into an alternative for him in the meantime, and have been extensively researching several of the presently available research chemicals, and have been particularly interested in :

Pentedrone (2-(methylamino)-1-phenylpentan-1-one), and a-PVP (1-phenyl-2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)-1-pentanone).

MDPV:

200px-MDPV_svg.png

Pentedrone :
pent.png

a-PVP :
aPVP.png

I know that these are both fairly new compounds, and I have heard so many varying reports on both. I have heard that the active dosage range of Pentedrone starts at 10mg, and I have heard 100mg from other sources.

What I am looking for, is whatever is available that most resembles MDPV, in terms of stimulation and euphoria. I also considered these particular chemicals, because the dosages (from SOME sources) seem to be about the same as MDPV (10 - 30mg starting dose). Can anyone confirm the active dosages for either Pentedrone, a-PVP, or both ? Something active in the 10 - 30mg range is of course, most economical. And, I am looking for the closest representative of MDPV in terms of effect and dosage.

Anybody have any input on Pentedrone or a-PVP ? Or, is it best to consider something like 4-MEC, even though the active dosages appear to be significantly higher. If anybody has tried these, which did you prefer? What was your typical dosage? And, how do the effects compare to MDPV?

I am trying to help a dear friend in a very desperate situation, and I'm greatly in need of some feedback.

Thank you to anybody that can provide input.

-KC

First of all, are you really asking about your friend or yourself? If you're actually asking about yourself (which is how your post reads) - there's no need to say otherwise because it doesn't protect you legally.

We don't really encourage drug comparison threads here, is there a harm reduction, dosing or combination question you're looking for the answer to? If so, we can leave this thread open...

Fwiw, the harm reduction aspect strikes me as the OP (or friend) wanting to switch to a stim that is causing them less harm than prescription-style stims -- which I assume to indicate amphetamines of some sort.

If actually looking for an MDPV replacement, look no further than a-PVP. Despite having read about their purported differences, I had my suspicions looking at the chemical structures of MDPV and a-PVP (knowing something about the pyrovalerone compounds) and now they have been confirmed via "non-scientific testing": a-PVP is so substantially similar to MDPV that the differences are hardly worth mentioning.

Fwiw, from a harm-reduction perspective, the pyrovalerone compounds have an excellent history in terms of physical risks; all dopaminergic stimulants carry risks, including a-PVP, MDPV and pyrovalerone. But some carry less than others, and pyrovalerone itself has an excellent safety record for an NDRI stimulant. a-PVP is chemically even closer to "plain old pyrovalerone" than MDPV, fwiw.

Conclusion: If one assumes that a-PVP is substantially the same as MDPV and pyrovalerone, there is a large body of research and subjective reports available on those substances; there is few to none on Pentedrone, afaik. So that is another potential safety benefit -- you can educate yourself first.

Last edited:
I'm concerned about the psychological risks associated with MDPV usage. Although these risks exist with all stimulants...it seems to be even more pronounced with MDPV.

I'm concerned about the psychological risks associated with MDPV usage. Although these risks exist with all stimulants...it seems to be even more pronounced with MDPV.
As a person who has "tested" MDPV fairly regularly since the day it came out, I'll tell u why: The quantities people end up using is the whole banana. In normal, one-off doses, MDPV doesn't get you anywhere near psychosis. In "two month's worth over six days" (amazingly typical), it's psychologically harmful.

Why have people so regularly used such huge quantities of MDPV? My opinion: (A) it's been incredibly cheap and widely available (including in headshops), (B) it's as compulsive as any dopaminergic stim, and (C) the people who have done so love to blabber about it, while those who haven't, don't -- u see little/no record of peeps who have used it sanely, cuz there's little to say about such usage.

Peace...

^Fair enough man, I've never had MDPV (mainly the horror stories about redosing + psychosis) have scared me away.)

Glad to see another perspective. I did not intend to be condescending and apologize if I came off that way. :)

P.S. just as an example, a typical insanity case on MDPV will do well over a gram in one day.

A gram, in typical one-off dose of 5mg, is 200 doses. Given the duration of effects (6 hours average), that is *fifty times the recommended dosage* for several day on end. Is it any surprise people have gone nuts?

In a strange way, it in fact speaks of the safety of the drug, not its risks, that people have done that much quite regularly and are on BL talking about it, ya know? Now add "cheap, legal and everywhere" to "as compulsive as dextro or cocaine" and u will know why...

Very glad that it's not "cheap, legal and everywhere" any more, to be honest... that is one substance that could have wreaked havoc on (segments of) society if its popularity kept increasing. I don't know if a-pvp is as compulsive as MDPV or not, but it isn't nearly as widespread or well known at this point.

Last edited:
i can tell you from personal experience, a-pvp BLOWS in comparison to mdpv...it was pure i can assure you i have very many trusted sources, i kno my chemicals, i love stimulants, a-pvp causes you to sweat profusely in amounts over 30 mgs, with very little increase on the actual high, smoked it causes even more sweating and only maintains the high, i prefer IV, ive done over 100 mgs IVed at one time n experienced a rush for about 15 minutes, do not ever do that much, i probably should have died, this drug is very active at low doses, i just had a death wish i guess...honestly i prefer 4-fa Ived over a-pvp and pentedrone both, its such a clean stimulant, similar to coke. a-pvp is trash, after the first day of no sleep it was all about maintaining, kinda like chasing the dragon you never get any higher than you do the first time. dont get me wrong folks, i use stimulants in massive lethal amounts, thankfully i am clean today and am avoiding all drugs at all costs, but back when i used...21 days ago lolol trust me man a-pvp is a good starter stimulant, but if you are a true pv freak youll be disappointed...also it lacks the delicous taste mdpv left when smoked, and snorting it not only slightly burns but if you snort in large amounts 50-75 mg lines, youll nose will begin to take on damage rather quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.