• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA + Speed - Effects/Neurotoxicity?

I've only ever done MDxx then speed....and I definately like it. Only been on the stuff for about a year, so i suppose my tolerance levels are not depleted as much as some. Have done 2-3 pills followed by a couple of lines 1hr after last pill. I find I'm able stay in a really nice euphoric state for at least a few hours. I only do this if theres a reason to 'keep going'........ thats a lie, if theres no more pills thats is. Not sure I want to try speed then mdxx, would hate to kill the mdxx effect.

having 1 or 2 points of base when you first start off your night then about 2 - 3 hrs later dump a whole pill or 1/2 and when that kicks in ur peaking like something else its definatly a combo that i always come back to because pills and speed on there own dont offer the same euphoric peak, there are issues of neurotoxicity but its not like i do it every week end so yea, but for those who havetn tried it, its definatly worth doing, do the speed first wait a few hrs then do the pill

I don't like doing speed before my pills because i find it sets the 'mood' for the whole night. Nothing worse than being tweaked on the train into an event, getting a little edgey and then having that mindset for the rest of the night. Even though you are still having sex with table legs...

ok i noramlly do speed then mdxx havent done the other way round. i jus feel that a few lines before u go outgets u in a good stae of mind. and this happy state of mind is good for pills isnt it because of the greatness of how mood effects ur roll. thres nothing worse for me than to get to a club, dump, then have to wait an hour totally sober for ur pill to kick in, i no u might say drop before u get in, but sometimes unexpected things happen like people get lost when meeting up and theres always dicking around, and peaking in the line is shit.
thoughts?
sorry i havent reead alot of the interlectual stuff on this thread but is speed then mdxx or mdxx then speed better for ur brain.
cheers

hey just thought id enlighten u on my experience w\ this combo that i tried a few nights ago.

i began with having a pt of speed first off. i waited bout 2hrs, basically allowing myself to get off the speed, i wasnt sober but wasnt pinging. then i dropped 1/2 a windmill, over the next hr it slowly built up to the usual md peak feeling of euphoria & happiness(however no eye wobbles or 'smacky' feeling) . bout an hour after i began peaking of the first 1/2 i had the 2nd, this time i did get eye wobbles but still no 'smacky' feeling, definetly attributed to the speed as i have had the windmills a few times and each time i can't stand up for long periods of time.

i found i didnt peak any less than i wld have w\o the speed, the difference for me was instead of all of sudden just going "whoa! im peaking", over time i slowly knew that i was reaching a peak.

so yer id definetely do it again and recommend it to any1 curious. speed then md gets big thumps up from me!

yeah definatley, if u have some speed before pills then u dont get smack down, ur feel good, but your able to dance more without being on ur ass. granted havin smack down is great feeling , but other nights u just want to boogie iwht that added euphoria from the pills. i thought speed then mdxx was a common practice ?? hmmm

This thread made me curious enough to do speed then mdxx the other night. Had some speedy pill, an mda cap, then 1.5 hrs later half a pink panther......brilliant. The pink panther was probably the cleanest pill I have had..... My new prefered combo meal : speed > mdxx : thankyou my friends.

Sure the MDA didn't play a part? With more than 2 drugs, it becomes not only considerably more risky to your health, but it's also difficult to gauge what drug or combo is causing what effect.

yeah, the MDA definetly contributed. not in the habit of mixing, was just curious as had not done the speed then mdxx. Probanly didnt need to use the MDA cap in between, but it was too tempting. Would have been good enough by itself. thanks p_dancer ps: had a panther by itself the next night...definately wasnt as trippy, just great shakes, eyes, hand wobbles etc....

MDA + speed = a hallucinating nightmare on crack !! best to save MDA for itself or one of its sisters imho.

i will try out this method of dropping a pill after the high but before you get too low on the speed. meth killed my peak, but i had a line just before i dropped my pill. so i was like "i happen to be fucked up" in that clearheaded meth kinda way instead of "wow god im really fucked up" in that MDMA kinda way :)

Yeah, I was fearful I would take the pill too late with the speed wearing off....with the mdxx pill a hard press, i was lucky i'd had enough speed/mda before....i think. Hallucinating was there.... remember thinking i was looking at a group of people...blink, re-focus, no that would be a huge painting with people on the wall... not quite sure if i got in a conversation with them or not. tribalish trance hinda helped i think.... 8o

All food for thought

So, what have we got...

Crystal meth will release some serotonin.
MDMA will release some dopamine.
Dopamine replenishes much more rapidly than serotonin.
Sleep is one of the best ways of replenishing serotonin.
Food is crucial to providing energy for normal brain activity (and replenishing serotonin & Dopamine).
That is some serious activity going on in there!
Add alcohol, remove water, don't sleep and don't eat.
How many have this recipe as their standard?
Easy targets for the anti-drug thugs (media, govt, etc).
There are no excuses. Thank you BT and BL.

Last edited:
What about if i took ecstasy, then at the end of the night took speed so about 4hrs after taking ecstasy, and taking 5htp before taking the speed... what would the effect be like? and what about the neurotoxicity?

Last edited:
phame said:
What about if i took ecstasy, then at the end of the night took speed so about 4hrs after taking ecstasy, and taking 5htp before taking the speed... what would the effect be like? and what about the neurotoxicity?

Filling your brain with dopamine when your brain is empty on serotonin is a sure way to cause neurotoxicity. I doubt the 5htp you take would be enough to stop it considering how much dopamine there will be from the speed.

This also brings up the question of are the receptors more likely to attract the dopamine or the 5htp. I would say 5htp but by how much?

What I would do if this is the combination you seek (and please someone correct me if im wrong). Take your speed at the start of your night, wait 4-5 hours for the effects to subside, then preload with 5htp, take pill, then post load with 5htp.

This way by the time your pill has worn off and there is no serotonin left in your brain there will also be a lot less dopamine.

Can someone who has tried this please report on the quality of their roll. I know the general census is that speed dampens the euphoria but is this still the same if you have waited for yourself to almost ‘comedown’ from the speed rather then have them taken at the same time.

na iam talking about taking ecstasy then a few hours later takng speed...

Mechanoids said:
Filling your brain with dopamine when your brain is empty on serotonin is a sure way to cause neurotoxicity.

This is my understanding. So it's really a bad idea to take a pill, followed by speed. Unfortunately for everyone's brains, this combination can be desirable/useful but it is definitely more dangerous than either drug on its own! (caviat: i'm no scientist; just reasonably well read!)

take care of yourselves people %)

I have noticed that if I am affected by speed before or during the effects of MDMA, the effect of the MDMA is dramatically 'muted'.

Recently one Saturday the wife and I dropped a decent MDMA pill, that we would usually get wobbly legs on, prior to going to a club. We decided to try a few points of speed to have the 'legs' to dance just before the pill kicked in. It was a bad move, as the effects of the pill, and 2 more known good quality pills after it (over 5 hours) were not felt much at all.

I was expecting a slight reduction in the effects of the MDMA, but nowhere that severe. Mon-Tues-Wed was remarkably bad aswell, with very little MDMA afterglow during the following days.

We have learnt our lesson from it, and will try and keep them separate in the future, unless there is a good reason for it.

Regarding neurotoxicity, well .. it certainly 'felt' worse the 4 or so times I have tried the combo, compared to either alone.

Super scientific analysis there! :)

Last edited:
if you must have speed before pills only have .5 - 1 pt which will give you "legs" to dance without killing the mdma too much.

dam.. so you reckon even taking speed about 3-4hrs after your last pill and loading on 5-htp before taking the speed will still cause significant damage?(neurotoxity)