• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA - redose vs no redose

Alisarin

Greenlighter
When you roll, do you redose? How much is your initial dose vs your redose, if you do?

In my experience, redosing hasn't really done me much? I used to do 90mg followed by a redose/booster 1h later of 40mg. Kinda small doses, I kow, but I'm really lightweight (90kg/100lbs). The very first couple of times I did MDMA I just rolled with 110mg and that was it, and honestly those have been much nicer experiences than my other ones. Could it be because I lowered my initial dose kinda drastically?
I'm thinking of trying 100mg+50mg next time I try it, for experimentations sake, but I'm gonna candyflip at the time and don't want the MDMA to overpower the LSD lol

What are your opinions on redosing vs no redosing? How's your experiences been?
What are the pros of redosing vs not? Extended high? More intense peak?
Cons? Aside from worse hangover and harder toll on the body.

I used to only roll with one dose but now I always do one redose. Haven?t had any issues with it. It doesn?t seem to increase the effects for me at all but does extend the roll.

My usual is 180mg on the first dose and 80-100mg on the second dose

I think that an initial dose of 120-150mg followed by a similar booster dose once the first lot hits is normally sufficient. Subsequent redoses tend to increase the amphetamine effects without adding anything to the roll. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing cos I loves me amphetamines, but it just depends what you want out of the experience.

We are treading harm raising grounds so what I am gonna write is harm raising. Simple drugcraze stupidity but that's what MDMA became after some training. Something of the past I am glad as the tuesdays were horrible.

Redosing with halves imo was a pure waste, I could not detectt that beside longer duration. Did that anyway sometimes as I am kinda chicken in my own way. Lets say one would a full redose is felt better then taking it in two halves. But the timeframe in which can be effectively redosed is limited, raising to increasing quantities does help. But the timeframe is the mainculprit, after that it basicly pointless. Like merely a lightswitch going on and slowly returning to baseline.

Your neurotramsmitter system is totally fried at this point, and with todays quality of MDMA.

I think that an initial dose of 120-150mg followed by a similar booster dose once the first lot hits is normally sufficient. Subsequent redoses tend to increase the amphetamine effects without adding anything to the roll. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing cos I loves me amphetamines, but it just depends what you want out of the experience.

Taking MDMA for it's Amphetamine effects could be even more dangerous as taking Amphetamine after MDMA. Not really ment for you F.U.B.A.R., wow you must copy past your name all the time correct me when wrong though ;)
You know but for the somewhat lesser experinced readers on here.

Taking MDMA for it's Amphetamine effects could be even more dangerous as taking Amphetamine after MDMA. Not really ment for you F.U.B.A.R., wow you must copy past your name all the time correct me when wrong though ;)
You know but for the somewhat lesser experinced readers on here.

Wot?

Yea redosing is only effective if taken 60-90min after the initial dose. Pretty much as soon as your peak settles in and you can even contemplate doing so. Waiting any longer and your just fucking up your brain with little benefit.

Research shows more neurotoxicity with repeated smaller doses over one larger dose. The few times I've tried the "dabbing" method I had much less effect and increased comedown... Others report similar.

If you redose take a 1/4 to 1/2 dosage of the initial dose not long after your first to give a longer duration.

-GC

^ this.
A while ago i redosed the same amount as my intital dose (something like 110mg) and it was too much, i got too messy and went from feeling sparkly and loved-up to simply being fucked-up.

I'd always previously followed the wisdom of redosing 1/2 or less of your dose (to prolong the peak a little) - if you choose to redose at all, and i certainly would never redose the same amount again, having recently done so.

I think G_Chem's post is the best possible advice here. There's very little to be gained from chasing an MDMA high with multiple redoses.

What wot. Taking MDMA for it's amphetamine effect in a fashion one would take ampetamine.

Or that the combination of capitols and dot's that's in your name, which I liked before I tried typing it. :)

Ah, you meant 'copy paste', not 'copy past' - now I see. Don't worry mate, just call me fubar or fubz - it's a damn sight easier :)

Probably save advise but no one I know of is gonna feel anything of a quarter dose. If a redose is in order 1/2 or 2/3 seems more reasonable. And would reduce the risk of stapling, the "well I don't feel anything lets take another 1/4" effect. As the quarter will give not much of a noticeable effect to the intoxicated individual and judgement skills are allready lowered. They keep taking little increments without feeling anything while getting higher and higher witout a good noticable peak.

^He also responds to "oi, cunt!" ;)

Probably save advise but no one I know of is gonna feel anything of a quarter dose. If a redose is in order 1/2 or 2/3 seems more reasonable. And would reduce the risk of stapling, the "well I don't feel anything lets take another 1/4" effect. As the quarter will give not much of a noticeable effect to the intoxicated individual and judgement skills are allready lowered. They keep taking little increments without feeling anything while getting higher and higher witout a good noticable peak.

Really?
I've taken doses of ~125mg and then had a 30mg redose a couple of hours later which has extended the experience long enough to see out the evening before i hit the stage where i can no longer hold up my end of a coverent conversation.

When i come down, i tend to get to this point where i'm babbling shit but forget what i'm talking about - and the topic of discussion - mid sentence, which as i'm sure you can imagine, is frustrating for all concerned.
This only happens to me on the tail-end of an MDMA high (not other drugs) and i like to avoid - when possible - still being out with mates when i get to this point - and this is the only reason i re-dose.
It's not about aiming to "feel anything" - it's about prolonging the high enough to postpone the crash a little, and leave the night on a positive note, not a "oh fuck i just made a blithering tit out of myself" note.

A redose of quarter of your original dose should be plenty to achieve this - at least, it has worked for me.
it's not about having a second come-up or multiple peaks - because anyone seeking to achieve that is going to be disappointed anyway.

^He also responds to "oi, cunt!" ;)

You called? =D

Yeh, I fuckin love it when you get that mashed that you're just talking total bollocks and constantly having to ask people "what was I saying?" while your eyes are rolling into the back of their sockets and your tongue is licking your ears... Bliss :)

I'm against redosing. It increases the neurotoxicity, and even the effect isn't as profound. Pop it, enjoy it, carry on.

If the MDMA is good there shouldn't be a need for a redose once that shit fully blasts off.

I find smoking a spliff can bring it back in full though if you're so keen.

^If the MDMA is good the redose is because MDMA really doesn?t last all that long. I?ve never heard anyone say it lasts past about 1-1.5 hours to peak and pretty much done after 4

Probably also worth adding that the phase 2 trials conducted by MAPS I conjunction with the FDA used an initial dose plus a booster dose roughly 1/2 of the original. Not that it?s a end all but worth noting that it makes a booster consideration easier

Interesting points, swim - i tend to agree.

My party drugs of choice for the last decade or so has tended to be dexamphetamine (generally with weed) or LSD - and compared to both of those, MDMA is pretty short-lived. Not generally enough to last through the night on a single dose...
But certainly, things get messy and side effects increase with redoses. For me, one small to moderate redose is ideal.

Last edited:
Probably also worth adding that the phase 2 trials conducted by MAPS I conjunction with the FDA used an initial dose plus a booster dose roughly 1/2 of the original. Not that it?s a end all but worth noting that it makes a booster consideration easier

Can you rephrase this? I don't know what you said.