• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

I haven´t read about the burning skin symptom either. It seems it can be nerve damage related but can have lots of other causes. Did the symptom come with your MDMA damage or later? My symptoms got worse for the first couple of weeks and subsided ever since. I did not develop additional symptoms later on. Maybe it makes sense to ask a doctor, if it is not MDMA related.

To ease the pain I might try baths in menthol-doped water or regular sauna sessions.

Hehe had one of my annoying typos in the last sentence: menthol and not methanol is what I wanted to say. A bath in methanol would not be that healthy.
Do you mean that if its nerve damage it couldnt be fixed?yes my symptoms came with the mdma

My understanding is that MDMA damages serotonin receptors, which are involved in many brain functions. Those receptors can be regrown over time. Therefore your malady should be curable as well. Those repair molecules rise up to 10 times with workout hence the speedy recovery in some and slower recovery in others.

My understanding is that MDMA damages serotonin receptors, which are involved in many brain functions. Those receptors can be regrown over time. Therefore your malady should be curable as well. Those repair molecules rise up to 10 times with workout hence the speedy recovery in some and slower recovery in others.
Tnx dear deep fried for your help
I will change my life style i dont do any sort of exercise

to my knowlage and please take it with a grain of salt as I am ochem not bio chem.

is ......

MDMA goes into the axon the way that serotonin goes out.

it the pushes the serotonin out of the re uptake terminals stretching them.

this them allows dopamine to reenter the axon through the re uptake terminals and the dopamine

bleaches the axon.

Just a reminder that LTC is temporary and reversible.

Every time I log into Bluelight (which is not too often), I like to go through this thread and give some hope to those who are going through this shit. I do it because when I was in my LTC I didn't see positive stories, I only saw people suffering and sharing symptoms.

I recovered about 2 years ago, it took me 14 months, and today I can use all kinds of drugs without any problem because I'm 100% recovered (yes, including MDMA!!!)

It took me 14 months to recover...but please don't take 14 months as a rule. It could take 6 months, 14 months, 24 months, or even more, nobody knows...

My symptoms were:
-panic attacks
-chest pains (which led to cardiophobia)
-irregular heartbeats
-insomnia
-myoclonus (jerks when trying to sleep)
-severe hypochondria
-muscle spasms
-intolerance to caffeine, alcohol and all kinds of drugs
-generalized anxiety

Those are the ones I remember, but I think they were more ...

Good luck to you all. Be patient, time is your best friend :alien:(y)

thats brave taking mdma again:D

I really want to do it again...but probably will never do it again:/
yeah, that was a bit reckless to be honest.

But after seeing that I had no adverse reaction to alcohol, LSD and coke, I decided to see what would happen if i took mdma again... and nothing bad happened. (This was around month 16 or 18. At this point I was already recovered)

Months before, even a couple of beers would revive my symptoms and it would take me 2 weeks to get back to my baseline...but that changed over time.

Since my recovery I have taken mdma about 5 times, LSD about 10 times, and been drunk at least 20 times...and nothing ever sends me back to the LTC. So I'm 100% recovered (and I know you guys will recover too)

I tried magnesium glycinate and 5-htp, but honestly I don't think they had much of an effect...

Maybe magnesium helped with insomnia and 5-htp helped with my mood, but I don't think they directly affected my recovery

I think what gets you back is time. Just make sure you sleep well and eat well...the classic stuff. There is no need to go on strange diets or avoid certain types of foods, just keep living as you have done to date (only avoiding alcohol, caffeine, sodas, drugs, antibiotics...)

Ideally,you should avoid setbacks at all costs. If you want to recover, you have to stay on your "baseline LTC" for as long as you can. I think that's the key to recovery. Don't do anything that you think may affect your recovery, don't do "tests" of any kind. like "I'm going to smoke a joint to see what happens...or I'm going to go out for a drink"...none of that! let your brain recover

Hey LTC Friends,

I've been doing a lot of research into psychedelic therapies, namely Ketamine therapy and Psilocybin therapy (or more specifically microdosing psilocybin).

Seems a bit counter-intuitive to use recreational drugs to help treat an issue brought on by recreational drugs, but I have personally tried just about everything else aside from Benzodiazepines.

For context / My story:

I'm currently 3.5 years in to this mess, have definitely seen personal growth throughout the process, and have had better and worse times etc., but I don't feel as though I'm getting any closer to being free of this illness. Most of my symptoms would fall under GAD / Depression & DP/DR, cognitive slowing. As an A-Type naturally outgoing person, social anxiety is my least favourite symptom. If I could just cure one thing it would be that. I have tried most classes of antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications, CBD, Supplements of all kinds, meditation etc. For the last 2 years or so I've avoided alcohol with some small "relapses" if you will, do not consume caffeine, have a low sugar / high fat & protein diet, most of the past few years stress was low and exercise was frequent, although admittedly that hasn't been the case for a bit. I constantly challenging myself mentally, and am always learning new things - I essentially run two separate businesses which keeps me busy all the time. And no, just because I am "capable" of doing that doesn't mean I'm not terribly messed up in the head. Most days I feel rather incapable.​
Also relevant: I had a similar experience a few years prior to the MDMA experience. I had an anxiety / panic disorder which was brought on by smoking weed. The first time it only lasted 6 months or so, then went away on its own. So anxiety as a response to psychoactive drugs is a recurring theme for me.​

Now, back to the original topic which I'm more interested in debating: Psychedelic Therapies / Microdosing.

It seems as though this has not been discussed at all in this group, and perhaps that's because it seems unconventional. Again, personally feeling like I've exhausted most other options, I'm willing to try a Hail Mary.

The idea behind psychedelic therapies in general is that they create plasticity in your brain, and generally boosting positive neurochemicals at the same time. At higher doses they can obviously create space for more "spiritual awakening" if you will, or even just create a self awareness in the user towards suppressed emotions and topics.

Is there a reason this hasn't been widely discussed here? Or am I one of the first to consider it as an option?

I want to believe that if a recreational drug could have such a massively negative impact on my brain, surely another drug could have a massively positive impact as well. I also am very curious to know what you guys think about the idea, I'm treading carefully on the idea.

Cheers,
Lostarchipelago

Is there a reason this hasn't been widely discussed here? Or am I one of the first to consider it as an option?
We are at very similar points… my last time taking mdma was November 2017. My lifetime usage was fairly tame - 18 uses over about 6 years. Nothing that should really cause any serious permanent issues.

My symptoms are almost entirely cognitive (brain fog, difficulty focusing, memory impairments) or sexual (0 libido, PE, reduced pleasure from orgasm) - I’ve never had issues with floaters, visuals, panic attacks, etc.

I just completed a 5 session course of ketamine assisted psychotherapy with my psychiatrist. First 2 sessions I took ketamine lozenges (200mg then 400mg), then 3 sessions of intramuscular injections (130mg, 175mg, 200mg).

I haven’t noticed any significant cognitive improvement but my anxiety is way down and my mental state is definitely better. It’s helping me stick with a variety of additional lifestyle improvements (sleep, socializing, exercise) that I’m hopeful could result in overall improvement.

I’m happy to answer any questions.

We are at very similar points… my last time taking mdma was November 2017. My lifetime usage was fairly tame - 18 uses over about 6 years. Nothing that should really cause any serious permanent issues.

My symptoms are almost entirely cognitive (brain fog, difficulty focusing, memory impairments) or sexual (0 libido, PE, reduced pleasure from orgasm) - I’ve never had issues with floaters, visuals, panic attacks, etc.

I just completed a 5 session course of ketamine assisted psychotherapy with my psychiatrist. First 2 sessions I took ketamine lozenges (200mg then 400mg), then 3 sessions of intramuscular injections (130mg, 175mg, 200mg).

I haven’t noticed any significant cognitive improvement but my anxiety is way down and my mental state is definitely better. It’s helping me stick with a variety of additional lifestyle improvements (sleep, socializing, exercise) that I’m hopeful could result in overall improvement.

I’m happy to answer any questions.

How bad was your anxiety prior? And how was the experience while taking ketamine?

Who have vivid dreams after more than 2.5 years
Its killing me
If there is any issue let me now please

Im seeing the world differently its fla grey its strange . Deos enybody have this