• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

Finally found some studies on humans with data. These look very promising to me especially taking the standard deviations and heavy use into account.
https://sci-hub.se/https://www.thel...cet/article/PIIS0140-6736(98)04329-3/fulltext
https://sci-hub.se/https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/481827
"...The present study suggests that, while the neurotoxic effects of MDMA on 5-HT neurons in the human cortex may be reversible..."

Enough researching for this year now. Take care

Another update with me... The last persistent symptom left (working memory) is getting better after more than 4 years... The trick was intense aerobic/anaerobic exercises rotating everyday as only Sunday and Saturday complete rest, along with healthy wholesome and nutritious diet. Note: the workout is done with music of my taste, it elevates my mood dramatically, not sure if it's important.

So yeah...for everyone who had this as last symptom, this is the only thing that helped.

I'm completely symptom free now, with concentration and general congnition better than pre-ltc.

I'll still visit the forum and try to be of any use to new unfortunate souls coming along.

Cheers!!!

Sometimes it is barely bearable. But you will get better as most have. In this thread you will find many recovery stories and good coping strategies. When I cannot stand it anymore, I just go walking for hours and get in a meditative state. You have made it this far and survived the hell weeks at the beginning. It can only get better from here.
What might help:
- accept what is done, stop beating yourself up
- get rid of any stress, calmness is most important
- believe in recovery
- try some supplements like 5-htp+vitamine B6, centrophenoxin, brahmi powder,...
-

The things you will learn and adopt for your life by going through this ordeal will make you a stronger person in the end. One day others will read your recovery story here.
All the best

Hey peeps!

I'm done with this place but know how bad some of you are hurting. So figured I'd make this post. I've been taking generic zoloft and prozac (yeah I'm combing both) I've never felt this damn good life. Holyyyyy Sheeeaaatttt!! :) :)

Yeah, 200mg zoloft and 60mg prozac. YEEEEE-HAAAAAA o_O:eek::ROFLMAO:

Anyway the inhousepharmacy ssris are legit.

So don't be afraid to pull the trigger folks if you're iffy about the SSRIS. Talk about being able to reprogram yourself chemically.

Yeah still need seroqel a little but its getting better. Crew, do what you need to to hang in there.

Peace luv ✌️

cfhBWOm.jpg

Hey peeps!

I'm done with this place but know how bad some of you are hurting. So figured I'd make this post. I've been taking generic zoloft and prozac (yeah I'm combing both) I've never felt this damn good life. Holyyyyy Sheeeaaatttt!! :) :)

Yeah, 200mg zoloft and 60mg prozac. YEEEEE-HAAAAAA o_O:eek::ROFLMAO:

Anyway the inhousepharmacy ssris are legit.

So don't be afraid to pull the trigger folks if you're iffy about the SSRIS. Talk about being able to reprogram yourself chemically.

Yeah still need seroqel a little but its getting better. Crew, do what you need to to hang in there.

Peace luv ✌️

cfhBWOm.jpg
Watch out for your Prolactin levels after taking SSRI.

Last edited by a moderator:
tw suicide

just checking in here

i'm almost six months in to this now and still struggling a lot with headaches/head pressure, dizziness and dissociation. It's really getting to a point now where i am considering suicide. I can't really deal with living like this for much longer and I dont know what to do with myself. I'm only 19 and I have such loving friends and family and boyfriend I really dont want to do this to them but I actually cant deal with it. I already dealt with depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts before this happened to me in January and now this is another reason why i should. all i want is to feel like my normal self again i feel so debilitated and exhausted by this and i dont know when it will come to an end. if anyone has a recovery story who had a similar symptoms to me what did you do to ease them. im just really looking for some reassurance from people who have been through similar because this is so hard and i feel like ive ruined my life and especially these younger years i was supposed to enjoy. i just wish this had never happened i have so much guilt and trauma from this i dont know how to help myself. i just want to be normal again.
Don't lose hope. See a doctor and get them to check you!

Make sure they check carotids, cervical spine and jaw, as well as brain.

Carotid dissections have been reported after mdma and the symptoms are common - this is rarely checked and is treatable (often with a long course of oral drugs)

Please get checked over

Hey guys

Its been a while since the day that I came across this thread, the same way and for the same reason all of us did I would guess.
Not sure why but I just thought of coming here and sharing how things are going for me in this regard.

MDMA broke my mind, broke what it felt like to be every fiber of my being.
I dont have many memories of the first hours after taking a pill on the last day of being me, the first memory that was formed was this voice in me saying how the pleasure that I was experiencing was more that I could proces, after that I could only expience what I would describe as infinite pain while I became separated from this part of me that aparently was in some sort of hedonistic heaven, and though he remained in control of my body I could only gaze into the nightmare that my life had become.

More than 4 years have passed since my, I wanna call it personal but we all kinda share it, nightmare began.
Shit started to get manageable around the 2 year mark, first 2 years were just survival basically.
I feel like a new person, though in a sense after so many deaths and rebirths there is nothing new about that newness.

Not sure if its just my way of rationalizing it all and puting positivity around it so it becomes swallowable, but it feels like, unlike what I felt back then, nothing is quite broken, and that most of the suffering that I went through was already present, it just made its way through to the surfce.
Transformation, most of the suffering Ive seen seems to come from the inability to let go, the resistance to actually feel the pain is what carries it on forever, the fear that if you keep going forward you might find that you are trully and fundamentally fucked.

There are scars that remain, my mind is kind of a mess, I could probably get diagnosed with almost every single mental disorder out there, though as I learned to accept who I was that became less and less relevant, turns out Im still me, someone worth loving, someone who is perfect in its own terms.
Turns out there is so much more to who I am, there was and there is so much to explore, to understand and to become, looking back the whole thing feels like it was more like a waking call, if that makes any sense.
I have not become free from suffering, but then again, I never was, the journey goes on and life is just what it is, what it happens to become each new day.

When this all started I craved to be back to being who I was, paradoxically enough now I realize that I wanted to go back to being the one that did this to himself on the first place. There was so much anger and resentment towards myself down there that its hard to tell wether the MDMA crash was the inception of that anger or the other way around.
Im slowly finding the forgivenes toward myself that I need, somewhere along the way I accepted that I did what I did and that now I was where I was, and thats OK.

I firmly believe that there are no mistakes, that the choices we make and the consequences they have are an outgrowth of who we are, that the world each of use lives in is carefully crafted from the self for the self, still the beauty remains when things are seen with enough perspective.
Sorrow seems to me like a harsh, yet valuable friend.

I wish you all well on this incredibly painful journey you might find yourselves in, I would promise a sweet fruit at the end, but I would say that there is something even better, its just not a goal, as I understand it the journey goes on forever and so does the joy and peace that slowly comes with it.
There is more than enough light that will shine as you move further and further upon this dimly lit path.

Everything is well
You are OK

Take care you all <3

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing OK.

5.5 years since this started for me.
Over 2 years since I last touched any drug
2 years since I last drank
40MG Fluoxetine a day
Had MRI scans and balance tests; all 100% normal

I'm closer to becoming a person than ever before. Out of 10 my symptoms have gone from a 10 to a 4.5. I held a relationship for 2 years until recently and am functioning

Anyone please feel free to message me if you need any support. Follow the tips on these threads guys and we'll all heal together ✌🏻

Guys you dont need meds to heal from LTC.
Exercises ,
Good food .https://ibb.co/9Vvtb11
Just stick to testo boosting foods , avoid refined carbs , sugar , gluten . Main goal increas Testateron when T up serotonin , dopamin production goes on. Even paranoid toughts completely gone fuck other people what they thinks. Ofcourse watchout for prolactin. Because like antidepressants, mdma also rises prolactin levels. If you dont know what prolactin does to your body , just google it. Even Fap makes prolactin levels goes up which is reduces serotnin and dopamin.

Also good topic that you have read and understand . Good luck eat well work well good luck pepa

Hi everyone

ive made some good recovery, been at it for 10 months now

My sex drive came back about a month ago, while its not as strong as before, its getting there

i also had a 3 day period where i felt 100% healed, unfortunately it only lasted 3 days and im not sure why but i hope its almost over, now back with typical symptoms, tired muscle pain and dereleazation and anxiety

but im feeling more optimistic now

Im 2.5 + years still strugling with unbearable symptoms like burnng skin sensation , pin and needles all over the body , bad sleep and vivid dreams
Any idea is apriciated

Dear Samoz,

go outside and walk every day for at least 2 hours. This will repair your brain and get you tired so you sleep well. If you do not like supplements, eat above 80% chocolate, nuts, salads fish and meat.
Stay positive so your dreams are enjoyable. Those habits often mentioned here really make a difference in the repairing proteine levels in your body and hence the recovery time it takes.

all the best

Dear Samoz,

go outside and walk every day for at least 2 hours. This will repair your brain and get you tired so you sleep well. If you do not like supplements, eat above 80% chocolate, nuts, salads fish and meat.
Stay positive so your dreams are enjoyable. Those habits often mentioned here really make a difference in the repairing proteine levels in your body and hence the recovery time it takes.

all the best
Thanks for your reply
I can deal with sleep and the dreams but burning skin an pin an needles all over thr body is sorta unbareable im really suffering i didnt find this symptoms on anybody im the only one with this

I haven´t read about the burning skin symptom either. It seems it can be nerve damage related but can have lots of other causes. Did the symptom come with your MDMA damage or later? My symptoms got worse for the first couple of weeks and subsided ever since. I did not develop additional symptoms later on. Maybe it makes sense to ask a doctor, if it is not MDMA related.

To ease the pain I might try baths in menthol-doped water or regular sauna sessions.

Hehe had one of my annoying typos in the last sentence: menthol and not methanol is what I wanted to say. A bath in methanol would not be that healthy.

Last edited:
Have you tried anything like l-theanine for the anxiety?
Yes! I used to use it when my Adderall dose was bothering me. It works great. I got the chewables, and within 15 minutes I felt markedly better...no incipient panic attack, heart rate back to normal, blood pressure decreased.

Watch out for your Prolactin levels after taking SSRI.
I have been googling about prolactin trying to determine what causes high levels. I've never been able to find anything that relates it to any of the symptoms I have. But you just hit closer to home for me then anything else has in the past 4 years that I've been pursuing a diagnosis. All I've been able to determine is how prolactin helps females produce breast milk. Where can I find info in regards to any relation between prolactin, SSRI's, serotonin/dopamine and possibly Adderall, Cymbalta and long term opiate use???

I may be off topic. I am sorry. But I've been going thru hell and desperate to find out why. All I am getting from doctors has been being bounced everywhere and two weeks of cancer scares with every new one I see. Those cancer scares alone are extremely stressful.

What happens with my skin is the worst part. When it flares it feels like I am sunburned all over and someone has rolled me in broken pieces of glass. But there's a distinct smell to my skin first and the texture changes.

This thread touched based with so much for me.

all I could do was wait till some resemblance of normality in my emotions came back (took years).

then when i was in prison the prescribed me a tricyclic and well its all history now.

the stuff still makes me cry if I take it though.