• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

this wasn't a problem in my case as far as the evidence suggest. I was tested for:

- Lead
- Mercury - Blood
- Urine Methyl Histamine
- Diamine Oxidase Activity
- C Reactive Protein

No irregularities identified.

If you have some genetical variations, you can have normal blood mercury levels, but have your organs filled with mercury. It's just that the people with these variations can't excrete the mercury as much as the average person.

If I understand correctly, you were doing rounds with 25mg of ALA and a speck in your mouth?

I started with DMSA, at 6,25mg and slowly raised the dose, up to 25mg. After that, I added ALA, on top of 25mg of DMSA. 3mg, then 6mg. I had a crash at 25+6. I did a few rounds at 25+1 after that, and it went well. I'm waiting on my order of ALA, so I'm only chelating with 25mg DMSA at the moment. I will slowly up the doses when I get my order: 25+0,25, 25+0,5, 25+1, ....
At the right dose, DMSA rounds make me feel good, the longer I get in the round, the better I feel. I did some super long rounds (close to 10 days), and it helped me a lot.
I think I had the dump between months 6 and 9 of chelation. I had quick progress around months 3-4-5, and it got harder after that. The famous crash I spoke about was around month 7. I had a few extra symptoms, like restless legs syndrom for a bit. Since a few weeks, I started to feel better (I'm starting month 10 after removal). I started taking CoQ10 last week and it helps me a lot.

I did 2 rounds with DMPS, but I was having rashes on my legs. I stopped, because I don't want to risk developing a serious allergy to DMPS.

My dentist took x-rays at removal and we looked at them closely on the monitor. There's still the risk of an hidden speck that would show on a different angle. I was worrying a bit for a moment, because of teeth sensitivity, but it seems to come from gengivitis. CoQ10 is helping me a lot for that.

Yes I was doing 25mg ALA rounds with a speck in my mouth.

Sounds like you went through the dump then which indicates that all the mercury is removed from your mouth. Good news!

For teeth sensitivity try greens pastures cod liver oil and butter milk blend, or research Weston Price to find out why this works, my teeth have remineralised and I haven't had cavities since I learnt about this. There is a book called cure tooth decay by Ramiel Nagel who makes the information easier to digest. In basic terms we need fat soluble vitamin A and D and K2, so eating organ meat and grass fed butter hits all of those requirements.

Yes I was doing 25mg ALA rounds with a speck in my mouth.

Sounds like you went through the dump then which indicates that all the mercury is removed from your mouth. Good news!

For teeth sensitivity try greens pastures cod liver oil and butter milk blend, or research Weston Price to find out why this works, my teeth have remineralised and I haven't had cavities since I learnt about this. There is a book called cure tooth decay by Ramiel Nagel who makes the information easier to digest. In basic terms we need fat soluble vitamin A and D and K2, so eating organ meat and grass fed butter hits all of those requirements.

At the moment, I'm using remineralising tooth paste containing hydroxyapatite. Also, the CoQ10 I take is already helping. And, I'm taking daily vitamin D in extra to Cutler Core 4 (Vit c and e, zinc, magnesium). But, I'll give a look at Weston Price work :)

At the moment, I'm using remineralising tooth paste containing hydroxyapatite. Also, the CoQ10 I take is already helping. And, I'm taking daily vitamin D in extra to Cutler Core 4 (Vit c and e, zinc, magnesium). But, I'll give a look at Weston Price work :)
Cool, if you do try weston price diet, need to avoid toothpaste with fluoride or glycerin as it inhibits the natural remineralisation process.

Nice! What symptoms did you have due to mercury? Are you taking ACE? I didn't see much difference taking ACE but many people said they did.

It started with several tendinitis, bad headaches, fatigue, inexplicable pain in my knees, back and legs, depression, anxiety, low testosterone. I tried various things, included an anti-candida diet (which was loaded in thiols, I understood after) and lost 25 pounds in 2 months, extreme fatigue, disorders with my levels of red and white cells, ... At that moment, I had some suicidal ideation and was feeling very bad, and a good friend of mine told me about mercury toxicity, I listened her, and started reading and doing my work.

Yes, I'm taking ACE, from 1 to 4 caps per day. I'm not sure if I feel it, but I don't want to take the chance of stopping it and having a crash.

Last edited:
It started with several tendinitis, bad headaches, fatigue, inexplicable pain in my knees, back and legs, depression, anxiety, low testosterone. I tried various things, included an anti-candida diet (which was loaded in thiols, I understood after) and lost 25 pounds in 2 months, extreme fatigue, disorders with my levels of red and white cells, ... At that moment, I had some suicidal ideation and was feeling very bad, and a good friend of mine told me about mercury toxicity, I listened her, and started reading and doing my work.

Yes, I'm taking ACE, from 1 to 4 caps per day. I'm not sure if I feel it, but I don't want to take the chance of stopping it and having a crash.

Glad you found out the root cause of yout issues, many people never do and just continue to suffer badly, it's crimina!

Do you family know about this stuff? Mine didn't suport me at all, everytime I spoke about it it was like it was taboo and I felt like I was lying, I hear similar stories from other people.

Glad you found out the root cause of yout issues, many people never do and just continue to suffer badly, it's crimina!

Do you family know about this stuff? Mine didn't suport me at all, everytime I spoke about it it was like it was taboo and I felt like I was lying, I hear similar stories from other people.

I know that my dad searched a bit on internet and found some things about mercury toxicity. When I told my parents that I was about to get my amalgams removed, they told me that my aunt got hers removed because of thyroid problems. But, I don't speak much to them about this. My girlfriend is supportive but all that experience was hard for her.

Another of my aunt suffers of fibromyalgia. Her mouth is full of amalgam. I told her about mercury toxicity, but she's sure her health problems are coming from a car accident. I know another woman suffering from fibromyalgia, mouth full of amalgams and her daughter looks like the kids in Vietnam during the "Agent Orange" era. I never found the courage to tell her :(

I know that my dad searched a bit on internet and found some things about mercury toxicity. When I told my parents that I was about to get my amalgams removed, they told me that my aunt got hers removed because of thyroid problems. But, I don't speak much to them about this. My girlfriend is supportive but all that experience was hard for her.

Another of my aunt suffers of fibromyalgia. Her mouth is full of amalgam. I told her about mercury toxicity, but she's sure her health problems are coming from a car accident. I know another woman suffering from fibromyalgia, mouth full of amalgams and her daughter looks like the kids in Vietnam during the "Agent Orange" era. I never found the courage to tell her :(

SInce I discovered this topic I've been sure that mercury was the elephant in the room in terms of huge health issues in society, I've helped a couple of people who listened, but yeah many people are just closed minded, nothing you can do to help them it seems.

I once started talking about mercury in a restaurant when I was with my Mum and she told me to shhh under her breath, that's the kind of reaction I get.

Hey all, I'm 10 weeks into this hell-hole of dizziness, brain fog, disorientation, insomnia and head numbness / pain after taking some xtc and was wondering whether anyone could reccomend 5-HTP?. I try to do sport to take my mind off things but that makes my symptoms worse. Not sure how much longer I can take this.

Hey everyone,

Been working on a compilation of some recovery stories and encouraging words I’ve come across so far:

It’s probably not the cleanest or most comprehensive list, so if anyone has a better one or has additional stories (particularly from thread 6 which was deleted before my time or thread 1 which I cannot seem to find for some reason) hit me up or feel free to add.

So strangely, I’ve read a lot things like on BL like, “the reason you don’t see too many success stories...”. This is perplexing to me because I found like 100 in a quick run through. The ratio of success to fail actually seems pretty extraordinarily high. I’m a member of the forum on healing-anxiety.com and there is virtually no difference. Like any anxiety disorder, there are always people who get stuck in the cycle for years or decades because they are unable to change their thought patterns. In fact, it might be more likely for LTCers to recover because most folks likely didn’t have the severe anxious tendencies and habits before their condition started.

Couple more thoughts on this...

1. For those of you in the future who are just discovering Bluelight, I wouldn’t even bother reading anything else posted on here other than the recovery stories. Listen to what the folks who got better are saying and tune out the rest of the noise. The only other thing you’ll find is a million different theories and tons of anxious energy to fill your already skittish mind with more scary thoughts. This is just my opinion, and I know you’re going to do it anyway, but I at least wanted to mention this.

2. I’ve seen this estimate a lot, and I tend to agree, that something like 95% of posters on here recover (usually within 2-3 years at the max). Yeah this is one of the worst things one could endure, but think about that for a second? There are some pretty horrendous afflictions with a much lower recovery rate. Everything about this is always put in such dark terms (understandably), but in a sense, the first thing someone new to this needs to be presented with is the “good news”. If you put in the work, stay patient, and let your nervous system calm, you’re practically guaranteed to get your life (or close to) back.

3. Think about how many people lurk, recover, and never post? I’d be willing to bet there are more lurkers than active members by a large margin. Anecdotal, but just in my short time with this affliction, I’ve already talked to a bunch of recovered folks on Reddit that don’t even know this place exists or barely came here. One guy who recovered in 8 months said he came here once or twice and they triggered panic attacks so he never came again and was 100% recovered on the shorter end of the typical timeframe.

4. It’s probably just the absolute most nervous people that sign up and end up regulars here. The last thing in the world I wanted to do was create a BL account, but I have such a hatred for this condition I’ll do whatever it takes to get myself and as many people as I can out of this hell. Has anyone ever read what they say to people with anxiety disorders? Stay off of the forums! So again, most of the folks here forever and not getting better are just like the ones you’ll find on anxiety forums for years.

That said, I do still see the tremendous potential this place could have. I’m in a group chat on Reddit where the guys were incredibly encouraging to one another. I joined late but I could go back through the old thread and watch how they all improved over the months because they helped each other and had a positive mindset. I think if the tone were to change to overwhelmingly positive vs negative it would do wonders to helping people instead of mostly just freaking them out.
Thanks for creating this Google Drive, I’ve been going through a load of the posts and it’s given me a lot of hope.

...that was until I came across this post:

It’s saying that mdma does create long term changes, in the form of higher densities of HT2a receptors through an overcompensating healing mechanism.

Sorry for picking out the negative, it’s just got me worrying a lot!

Hey all, I'm 10 weeks into this hell-hole of dizziness, brain fog, disorientation, insomnia and head numbness / pain after taking some xtc and was wondering whether anyone could reccomend 5-HTP?. I try to do sport to take my mind off things but that makes my symptoms worse. Not sure how much longer I can take this.

Coenzyme Q10 has worked the best for me on my recovery journey. I take around 600mg per-day and I noticed results with the first 2 - 3 days.

Thanks for creating this Google Drive, I’ve been going through a load of the posts and it’s given me a lot of hope.

...that was until I came across this post:

It’s saying that mdma does create long term changes, in the form of higher densities of HT2a receptors through an overcompensating healing mechanism.

Sorry for picking out the negative, it’s just got me worrying a lot!

Don’t be sorry, it’s just your anxious mind finding the worst part of something. Perfectly natural and I’m sure anyone here can relate. I know I can. Kindly thank it for its concern but also understand it’s being completely irrational. Getting familiar with that anxious voice is going to be important for recovery.

Here’s the thing, don’t worry about what you read at all.

For one, worry will prolong your condition, so,
in general, don’t bother with it. And especially dont when it comes to LTC issues.

Secondly, I think that theory is interesting (which was the reason I snapshotted it) and yeah maybe it’s true, but it’s critical to understand one thing: knowing or not knowing how/why this happened to you will make absolutely no difference in your recovery. (Well, except for maybe hindering it with prolonged worry.)

There’s a lot of “shiny objects” in this thread that a mind plagued with extreme anxiety would love to grab ahold of. I know, because I did it for months straight. The reason I put that list together was to weed through the noise to find what’s helpful. And funny enough, what’s the one thing you (and I’m sure many others) fixate on? The worst one. Kind of proves the point of why I made it in the first place. Theories are great, and when you’ve recovered, you can read all about them if you’re interested. But for now, none of the them (so far at least) will do anything for you. What will?

*Listening to what people who recovered have said*

What do they say? Treat it like an anxiety disorder.

I’ve been very deep down both paths and I can tell you which one leads to recovery. Take the advice of the people who got better and either tune out the rest or keep it as arm’s length.

On that note, I’ve started writing a recovery post, but it’s morphed into something much bigger than that, so I’ll probably make some smaller posts over the coming months while I work on that. Im also available to chat with anyone who is interested or has questions as I’m very passionate about helping anyone else I can.

Don’t be sorry, it’s just your anxious mind finding the worst part of something. Perfectly natural and I’m sure anyone here can relate. I know I can. Kindly thank it for its concern but also understand it’s being completely irrational. Getting familiar with that anxious voice is going to be important for recovery.

Here’s the thing, don’t worry about what you read at all.

For one, worry will prolong your condition, so,
in general, don’t bother with it. And especially dont when it comes to LTC issues.

Secondly, I think that theory is interesting (which was the reason I snapshotted it) and yeah maybe it’s true, but it’s critical to understand one thing: knowing or not knowing how/why this happened to you will make absolutely no difference in your recovery. (Well, except for maybe hindering it with prolonged worry.)

There’s a lot of “shiny objects” in this thread that a mind plagued with extreme anxiety would love to grab ahold of. I know, because I did it for months straight. The reason I put that list together was to weed through the noise to find what’s helpful. And funny enough, what’s the one thing you (and I’m sure many others) fixate on? The worst one. Kind of proves the point of why I made it in the first place. Theories are great, and when you’ve recovered, you can read all about them if you’re interested. But for now, none of the them (so far at least) will do anything for you. What will?

*Listening to what people who recovered have said*

What do they say? Treat it like an anxiety disorder.

I’ve been very deep down both paths and I can tell you which one leads to recovery. Take the advice of the people who got better and either tune out the rest or keep it as arm’s length.

On that note, I’ve started writing a recovery post, but it’s morphed into something much bigger than that, so I’ll probably make some smaller posts over the coming months while I work on that. Im also available to chat with anyone who is interested or has questions as I’m very passionate about helping anyone else I can.
Thanks, this is helpful. Really so, in fact.

I’ve been suffering with this for coming up to 20 years now and it’s only fairly recently that I feel as though I am close to believing that I really can get better. In the start it was truly dark and scary, and so much of the information here seemed to suggest I almost certainly had irreparable brain damage and was stuck this way. However, I think deep down I’ve always believed this is just an anxiety disorder and I can recover. I’ve been told that by lots of people, I guess I just haven’t had the courage to let go of my fear that it isn’t. I think some of it is also guilt that I may have done this to myself.

One thing that is complicating things for me now though is that for the last year or so I’ve felt “different”. I think I’m depressed now as well, although I’m not convinced it’s depression. Despite how bad my symptoms have made me feel in the past, after the first few months when all this initially hit I had actually got myself to a place where I could at least feel a little joy. Nowadays I struggle to even get that, and life feels pretty bleak I’m sad to say. Even drinking doesn’t make me feel good, which is previously something I’ve always really enjoyed.

I’d be really keen to chat with you more as you mention above, if that is possible? You seem to have some great ideas and suggestions about all this and I wonder if you might be able to shine some light on things for me.

I’m also a year and 4 months into my own ordeal caused by Mdma. I have arrived at the exact same conclusion as you through consultations with professionals in the area and my own knowledge.

Mdma use certainly does reduce 5ht2a receptor density I’ll post some studies to back this up. However I’ll post another extract of interest.

“In recent MDMA users, post-synaptic 5-HT(2A) receptor densities were significantly lower in all cortical areas studied, while 5-HT(2A) receptor densities were significantly higher in the occipital cortex of ex-MDMA users. The combined results of this study suggest a compensatory upregulation of post-synaptic 5-HT(2A) receptors in the occipital cortex of ex-MDMA users due to low synaptic 5-HT levels.”

Ex users had higher than normal densities of HT2a receptors, which I guess is a compensatory healing mechanism. However you may think this is a good thing but that could be incorrect. A fair few other studies have shown that increased 5ht2a receptor density have been found in the brains of people with epilepsy and those who suffer depression or who have experienced chronic stress. This is one theory why ssris work which is by downregulating 5h2a receptors to an extent. ( I would however never recommend an ssri). Chronic stress also increases 5ht2a receptor density. That’s how things like ptsd etc end up causing mood swings depression etc.

My theory is that the original Mdma use caused an increase in glutamatory excitation in the brain which causes all the acute symptoms the days later derealization, panic attacks, movement disorders, visual disturbances etc. This increase In glutamate which you can look up may be caused by some kind of serotoninergic damage/excess signalling. Your cortisol is then chronically raised which over time the chronic stress leads to your brain increasing 5h2a receptor density which in layman’s terms puts your serotonin system out of natural order. (Too much is just as bad as too little.)

- Just as you said though exercise and diet especially cardio and hiit.. Mix it up though weight lifting one day, run the next. Are the best possibly things you can do for the depression.

- Meditation/mindfulness is good for calming your nervous system. Good for anxiety.

- Epa only fish oil (Nordic naturals) helps.
Iv tried literally all other supplements/nootropics and this is the only one that won’t placebo out on you after a couple of days use Lol.

- If you want to get on medication I’m going to firmly say fuck ssris. They may even help you in the short term but you will experience the exact same symptoms as a LTC when you come off them. I guarantee. They downregulate your receptors over time. (look this up)

- I’m only going to recommend one medication which is Lamotrigine in a lower than normal dose. I’m talking 2mg to 5mg to normalise your glutamate system and in turn calm you nervous system. Normal dosages used for epilepsy and mood disorders are 150mg to 300mg titrated up over many months at 25mg at a time. You will find these dosages to be too high. Unfortunately you will probably have little luck getting a dr to prescribe it at such a low dose. (You could say you tried ssris once and they sent you unstable and you want to try a mood stabaliser to help with the withdrawal symptoms but your sensitive to drugs so need 5mg pills to ) I dunno haha. I want to try this one as I have read so much about it. I tried 25mg but couldn’t handle the side effects.

Anyway mate let me know how your recovery is going and what you find helps and we can exchange ideas. I took Mdma in feb 2019 so we are pretty much at the same stage depending on how much damage we done.

I have days were I feel normal and then suddenly days were I can’t get out of bed so depressed. Waves I would call them that all started after Mdma.
im 5 months in after one single assumption of mdma. my psychatric after the missisipy test and rorschach test told me im bipolar type 1, even if i didnt have any 1 full blown mania typical of bipolar 1. what u think man? did u improved?
how many days were there between depressed and normal days, and how long did the "normal" days last and what did you do? Also do you also have many mood swings during the day?

wouldnt pressurizing your head be bad? Elevated ICP seems be horrible
It’s been helpful for me but I’d start very gently and only go as much as feels comfortable. On days where my head isn’t feeling great, I’ll just barely do it or skip it entirely.

Hello again everyone,

I have great news to share that I hope will leave all current and future readers with hope in regards to regaining cognitive function. I am happy to report that today was my first full day where my cognitive functions did not have an impact on me. I accomplished the complex tasks at work with the same level of difficulty I would have expected and navigated through my day as I normally would have. I did my daily exercises on the Neuronation App late in the day and I performed satisfactorily on that as well. I’m sure this will fluctuate in the coming months, but I’m officially not worried anymore cause I know if I can get there for a day, I can get easily there permanently, and like many others have stated, with potentially increased function.

On that note, there are a couple things I wish I would have known early on that would have saved me a ton of agony:

1 - Timetable: My psychiatrist who works at a neurology center, told me that virtually all brain healing should occur within 2 months from the initial trauma. I don’t necessarily doubt this to be true in most regards, but when it comes to regaining cognitive function stemming from a LTC, it simply doesn’t apply. I remember breaking down and crying when she told me it would be extremely unlikely that I would see any more improvement. I can’t even describe how dumb I felt at the time, so I honestly believed her, because it felt impossible to ever regain function again. I imagined being stuck like that for the rest of my life and it sent me into an even more hellish place. I can’t even tell you how many panic attacks I probably triggered stressing about my mental state. DO NOT BE LIKE ME. Especially if you are early in your recovery, LET ME LEARN THIS HARD LESSON FOR YOU. You do not need to add these devastating thoughts to an anxiety riddled mind. I wish I could have had the luxury of reading the exact words you are reading in this moment. Sure, nothing in life is guaranteed, but I’ll give you the advice I’d give my former self: never worry about, test, or even consider anything but a full rebound of mental function for at least several years. You’ll probably recover much, much sooner than that, but again disregard any timetables.

2 - Do not compare: I’ve probably messaged about every single person who’s ever posted on r/mdma and have scoured every corner of the internet for as much anecdotal evidence as I could accumulate. There is no meaningful correlations to be had, other than almost everyone gets their functions back with time (assuming they can address the anxiety properly, more on that below). I’ve talked to folks who have done absolute monster doses and were fine. Some took days, some took years. But again, not recovering is the rare exception. Unfortunately, an anxious mind won’t interpret this information correctly. An anxious mind will (predictably) do what my anxious mind did and seek out the similar scenarios and try to justify the case for or against recovery. Again, DONT BE LIKE ME. This isn’t helpful and either just freaks you out or psychologically drains you. It’s all very bad for recovering from anxiety. For this very reason, I’m not going to tell you how long it took me or what my usage was because it doesn’t effing matter and it’s so dang important that you understand that.

3 - Anxiety = brain fog = feeling dumb: this has been covered plenty on here, but just realize that when your brain is under extreme duress you are of course going to feel stupid. Address the anxiety and this will heal too.

Anyway, wishing you all the best in your recoveries. Every day we get one day closer to finding peace ✌🏼

Hey guys,

Does anyone of you have experience with cbd products regarding the anxiety recovery?
Would you consider cbd useful or is it probably hindering the recovery?

Cbd-oil has anxiolytic effects during acute administration, but there are also studies concerning anxiogenic effects after chronic administration.

Rly appreciate any insights....

Hey guys,

Does anyone of you have experience with cbd products regarding the anxiety recovery?
Would you consider cbd useful or is it probably hindering the recovery?

Cbd-oil has anxiolytic effects during acute administration, but there are also studies concerning anxiogenic effects after chronic administration.

Rly appreciate any insights....
For me using cbd oil with and without thc made it worse. Same for 5-htp.