• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

After only two days of lions mane I've already noticed improvements on my brain fog / tension headache. Is lions mane something that just temporarily helps the symptoms or is it making positive effects from the neurotoxicity that continue even after stopping usage?

It has long term effects. It raises either BDNF, GDNF, or NGF.

After only two days of lions mane I've already noticed improvements on my brain fog / tension headache. Is lions mane something that just temporarily helps the symptoms or is it making positive effects from the neurotoxicity that continue even after stopping usage?

We don't know if there is direct or indirect link between MDMA's neurotoxicity and LTC.

Hi everybody
Since my last roll of ecstasy
I want to say that i m still struggling with some symptoms whom make my life very difficult such as :
Muscle twitching
Burning sensation in my skin espacially my back and arms.
Tingling
Brainfog
Im in 2 yeras now and im under antipsychotic and ssri
It seems like the meds are not working anymore
I would say that i need some help
Did anybody experienced such symptoms ?
What are your suggestions?
Excuse my english this is not my native language

Hi everybody
I want to say that i m still struggling with some symptoms whom make my life very difficult such as :
Muscle twitching
Tingling
Brainfog
Hi everybody
Muscle twitching
Tingling
Brainfog
Why are you on on two antipsychotics? Which ones? Those will only help if you have psychosis or squizofrenia right?
Did you ever felt any improvement from them?
Which SSRI are you on? Maybe you should switch to a different one?
Are you able to work?
I am 6 years now on my LTC and I almost fully healed in 2017 thanks to Seroxat an SSRI.
I felt so good that I stop the SSRI after 6 months.
One month later I had a terrible relapse, went back to Seroxat but it didn’t work the second time.
After that I tried Zoloft and it didn’t work.
Now I have been on CIPRALEX 20 mg for 6 weeks and I am getting better again.
I believe medication helped a lot of us, keep trying and don’t lose hope.

Hey everyone,

Its highly likely no one remembers my story from months ago. I took 140mg with a bunch of supplements, and for a few months after would had a range of symptoms that lined up with LTC.

Anyway, i took all the advice on here (thanks again!), namely mindfulness, healthy diet, and various supplements, and very fortunately, after about 3 months the symptoms went away. The only thing that remained was slightly elevated anxiety. I struggled with extreme anxiety during the event and fall out, levels that i had never experienced before, but it subsided to manageable levels over a few months and sort of sustained from there.

I thought I was in the clear really..... I stupidly stopped supplements and mindfulness and started eating shit again....still, definitely I was/am very, very wary of dropping again.

But 2 days ago i took a micro dose of LSD. Only 10ug. Fuck all. And yet since then, most of those LTC symptoms i experience have returned. Namely tension headaches, a little spaciness, and extreme anxiety returning again. Not as bad as before by far, but there none the less.

I've haven't experience this since that night with the MDMA, and it seems too coincidental to be correlation alone... so.... wtf?

I'm starting to wonder if that night with the MDMA caused some sorta semi permanent anxiety related serotonin regulation disruptions issue in my brain..... I have no fucking idea actually.

But has anyone else had LTC flare ups following other psychedelics?

I've been tempted to take a full LSD dose soon too.... now i'm not so sure.

Has anyone here actually tried NSI-189? Or know of any reports on here from people who have? I can’t seem to find any other than someone a few years ago who mentions he’s seen reports of 2 people with LTC for 3 years who had overnight cures from it. But I can’t seem to find those reports.

I know there was a buzz about NSI a few years ago in the general Nootropics world, but it seems to have died down as it hasn’t helped people with general depression as much as they’d hoped it would. But we don’t have general depression, and it seems that a substance that’s believed to work by enhancing neurogenesis, particularly in the hippocampus, would be worth investigating. I’m reminded of that study of Rhesus monkey’s who they looked at 7 years after chronic MDMA dosage, and there was slight neurogenesis in most areas of the brain. Only slight, but it does show that it’s possible. Wouldn’t it pay to look into substances that could expedite this process?

Has anyone here actually tried NSI-189? Or know of any reports on here from people who have? I can’t seem to find any other than someone a few years ago who mentions he’s seen reports of 2 people with LTC for 3 years who had overnight cures from it. But I can’t seem to find those reports.

I know there was a buzz about NSI a few years ago in the general Nootropics world, but it seems to have died down as it hasn’t helped people with general depression as much as they’d hoped it would. But we don’t have general depression, and it seems that a substance that’s believed to work by enhancing neurogenesis, particularly in the hippocampus, would be worth investigating. I’m reminded of that study of Rhesus monkey’s who they looked at 7 years after chronic MDMA dosage, and there was slight neurogenesis in most areas of the brain. Only slight, but it does show that it’s possible. Wouldn’t it pay to look into substances that could expedite this process?

As far as I understand it, NSI-189 lost traction as it was both patented, and users experienced some undesirable side effects. For brain repair I'd recommend Semax, Selank, 9-me-bc, Dihexa, Noopept, Cerebrolysin, etc.

Thanks for the reply. Were those that experienced side effects LTC sufferers or general public people with standard depression etc? I’ve come to the conclusion personally that what we’re going through is biologically different than more standard mental disorders most people deal with, even if there’s plenty of symptom crossover. Hence I am wondering if we would potentially have a different (perhaps more positive) reaction to NSI than the general public. I would dearly love to hear from someone who has LTC and has tried NSI.
I have also just come across a longecity thread where some users reported side effects. But also some had seemingly incredible improvements in anhedonia and no side effects. For me Anhedonia is my most persisting and least favourite symptom and I would dearly love to cure it. I have also have found a seemingly legitimate source for NSI and I’m wondering the possibilities.

Thanks also for the other brain repair suggestions. I’ve looked into most of them before, but will have another little research on them now

Most of the NSI-189 users that experienced side effects were likely not LTC sufferers, I would imagine. Go ahead and give it a try, if you want.

Thanks mate, I’m definitely open to (carefully) trying it in the future if it comes down to it. Will post to this group if I do and if any positive effects

Thanks mate, I’m definitely open to (carefully) trying it in the future if it comes down to it. Will post to this group if I do and if any positive effects
How long have you had LTC?
What are your current symptoms?
Are you taking any medication?

Every day I feel good in the evening. But then relapse in the morning again! Fuuuuck it feels like the groundhog day!!!!! Anybody is in this same shit cycle?? It has to be a way to maintain this evening mind state!!!!!

@Macenroe

Coming up 3 years soon, things are definitely better than the first and even second year, but nothing like what life was like before.

My current symptoms are anhedonia, unexplained anxiety and transient cognitive issues (working memory and ‘brain fog’ for lack of a better term). Some days are better than other on the anxiety and cognitive front, but the anhedonia is all consuming. It’s funny because before all this if I’d heard someone before this describe anhedonia I would wonder how they could have anxiety, as what is there to worry about if you can’t feel anything? But for me anxiety is a purely thought based thing, a constant loop of worried thoughts, it doesn’t trigger emotions in me. I meditate a lot since all this and it definitely helps to control and ignore the thoughts, but doesn’t do much/if anything for the anhedonia. I write gratitude every day also, which definitely helps my frame of mind, but hasn’t yet kickstarted too much emotion. Only been doing that for 6 months though, so maybe in time.

Initinally I was put on quitepine when I saw a psychiatrist about this years ago, made me sleepy but not much else. I gave the antidepressants a brief go but just got the side effects and none of the benefits. So after the first year I’ve kind of gone the more natural + supplement/nootropic route. I have tried quite a few different supplements, most with little effect. The biggest things for me have probably been exercise, diet and meditation, and time. Although one supplement that had a very noticeable effect was Theracurmin, that improved my cognition and anxiety quite profoundly, however it causes blood to thin and I already had thin blood unfortunately, so I just save it for emergencies. It’s nice to know it’s there though.

In the past few months my interest in more powerful neurogenesis/neuroplasticity producing nootropics has grown. I have been reading up on the actual physical damage MDMA can do to the brain, and although it can be quite severe, there is evidence of slow recovery in many of them. Albeit in some of them (particularly the Rhesus Monkey one (or Squirrel monkey, I can’t remember)), the repair was extremely slow (over 7 years), it highlights that the brain does actually do it, in many different areas. Therefore, in combination with natural things such as exercise etc, the introduction of nootropics such as NSI, Selank, Cerebrolysin, Dihexa etc to basically try and help speed up what the brain is already doing, seems like a venture well worth pursuing. Carefully of course.

@man I messed up, that looks acupuncture study looks very interesting. I have never really considered acupuncture because I was a bit skeptical, but I might have to look into it a bit more.

I need some help guys... I'm in this negative anxiety loop where I keep worrying that my anxiety is causing more stress on myself which is making my symptoms worse. How can I deal with this and rationalize it :/

Meditation, yoga, qi gong, hiking/walking, dancing, swimming, push ups and crunches, hot shower, weighted blanket, cuddling/hugging/sex. Find a way to consistently bring yourself into your parasympathetic nervous system and your mind will naturally calm. Laying on the ground and shaking your body like an animal that was just chased by a lion and is shaking off nervous system energy is EXTREMELY effective as well. It's actually an entire practice developed by a Marine called tremoring.

@Macenroe

Coming up 3 years soon, things are definitely better than the first and even second year, but nothing like what life was like before.

My current symptoms are anhedonia, unexplained anxiety and transient cognitive issues (working memory and ‘brain fog’ for lack of a better term). Some days are better than other on the anxiety and cognitive front, but the anhedonia is all consuming. It’s funny because before all this if I’d heard someone before this describe anhedonia I would wonder how they could have anxiety, as what is there to worry about if you can’t feel anything? But for me anxiety is a purely thought based thing, a constant loop of worried thoughts, it doesn’t trigger emotions in me. I meditate a lot since all this and it definitely helps to control and ignore the thoughts, but doesn’t do much/if anything for the anhedonia. I write gratitude every day also, which definitely helps my frame of mind, but hasn’t yet kickstarted too much emotion. Only been doing that for 6 months though, so maybe in time.

Initinally I was put on quitepine when I saw a psychiatrist about this years ago, made me sleepy but not much else. I gave the antidepressants a brief go but just got the side effects and none of the benefits. So after the first year I’ve kind of gone the more natural + supplement/nootropic route. I have tried quite a few different supplements, most with little effect. The biggest things for me have probably been exercise, diet and meditation, and time. Although one supplement that had a very noticeable effect was Theracurmin, that improved my cognition and anxiety quite profoundly, however it causes blood to thin and I already had thin blood unfortunately, so I just save it for emergencies. It’s nice to know it’s there though.

In the past few months my interest in more powerful neurogenesis/neuroplasticity producing nootropics has grown. I have been reading up on the actual physical damage MDMA can do to the brain, and although it can be quite severe, there is evidence of slow recovery in many of them. Albeit in some of them (particularly the Rhesus Monkey one (or Squirrel monkey, I can’t remember)), the repair was extremely slow (over 7 years), it highlights that the brain does actually do it, in many different areas. Therefore, in combination with natural things such as exercise etc, the introduction of nootropics such as NSI, Selank, Cerebrolysin, Dihexa etc to basically try and help speed up what the brain is already doing, seems like a venture well worth pursuing. Carefully of course.

@man I messed up, that looks acupuncture study looks very interesting. I have never really considered acupuncture because I was a bit skeptical, but I might have to look into it a bit more.

I really appreciate your post because of the honesty. I feel I can relate to most of your post.

I have one question about your experience with exercise. How long have you consistently exercised for more than 4x days a week at over 40 min a day (150 BPM or "vigorous exercise").

I'm coming up to 2 years and have most symtoms trumped except for unexplained panic attacks. haha. if you could call them unexplained haha. I usually am drug free for the week, then smoke weed or drink alcohol for the weekend, which usually results in anxiety at the least and an anxiety attack at the worst.

Meditation, yoga, qi gong, hiking/walking, dancing, swimming, push ups and crunches, hot shower, weighted blanket, cuddling/hugging/sex. Find a way to consistently bring yourself into your parasympathetic nervous system and your mind will naturally calm. Laying on the ground and shaking your body like an animal that was just chased by a lion and is shaking off nervous system energy is EXTREMELY effective as well. It's actually an entire practice developed by a Marine called tremoring.

The idea of tremoring sounds really good. Reminds of me about the thesis in "zebras dont have ulcers".

would you mind summarizing it for me real quick please?

I need some help guys... I'm in this negative anxiety loop where I keep worrying that my anxiety is causing more stress on myself which is making my symptoms worse. How can I deal with this and rationalize it :/

the number one battle to win is the thoguth battle about "I can I deal with this"

you don't need to deal with it mentally, you need to deal with it physically!!

my number one problem solver is jogging. My usually limit was about 4-5x runs around the block. And i would probably run around the block 10 times, and only 4-5 would be full sprint. For that one in 10 times I was too busy to run, I would either do burpees or situ ups or pushups. Either way, I was doing something physical and that was the only way I could deal with the issue. I had tried meditation, trance, mantra, etc. I had tried it all for many years but eventually physical workout is the only thing that worked for me.

so yeah. sprints is my number one exercise. sit ups or burpees is my second. push ups, sit ups, dumbells, resistance bands, general freeweights, these are my fallbacks for anxiety.

I have been on Cipralex for 2 mont
the number one battle to win is the thoguth battle about "I can I deal with this"

you don't need to deal with it mentally, you need to deal with it physically!!

my number one problem solver is jogging. My usually limit was about 4-5x runs around the block. And i would probably run around the block 10 times, and only 4-5 would be full sprint. For that one in 10 times I was too busy to run, I would either do burpees or situ ups or pushups. Either way, I was doing something physical and that was the only way I could deal with the issue. I had tried meditation, trance, mantra, etc. I had tried it all for many years but eventually physical workout is the only thing that worked for me.

so yeah. sprints is my number one exercise. sit ups or burpees is my second. push ups, sit ups, dumbells, resistance bands, general freeweights, these are my fallbacks for anxiety.
how long have you been suffering? Have you fully recovered? How bad were your symptoms? Have you tried any medication?

The idea of tremoring sounds really good. Reminds of me about the thesis in "zebras dont have ulcers".

would you mind summarizing it for me real quick please?

I put them in order. The first one explains why, the second one is really informative in a deeper way, etc.

:)