• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

I'm going to a MICA facility. It's a rehab sort of clinic where they help you if your mind has been harmed by chemical abuse. MICA programs are substance abuse treatment centers. Hopefully they can assist me. They informed me they have helped people in my situation before and have helped them to successfully recover.

Wish me luck!

good luck! Please keep us posted

Hello again fellow sufferers! I've done a lot of research since my last post on the now nonexistent thread as to the cause of an LTC in the past few months. At first I thought, lets figure out wth I took since my molly was untested but came from what I'd definitely call a reputable source. I researched the effects of various bath salts, PMA, PMMA, several RC's and more. Not one chemical I came across described the drug experience that I had except for mdma. At this point I started to research the production process of mdma just to see if by some chance the outcome of my outrageous LTC causing dose was somehow related to something it was made with. I came across a little known and understood fact by drug users that I feel very confident saying is what causes LTC's for at least those of us who took mdma and not something entirely different, the use of aluminum-mercury amalgams in production! Mercury is insanely neurotoxic even at doses the size of grains of salt, and if the chemist doesn't do a good enough job correctly washing the product or even still, amounts of mercury can remain in the soon to be sold mdma. Many different articles go in depth(likely because there is soo much to cover) about the dangers of mercury to cognitive function and overall physical health and well being. You can find the majority if not all of our symptoms listed throughout various websites on mercury. I'll name some that I've seen.. depersonalization, anxiety, muscle twitching, head pressure, headaches, paresthesia, depression, the list goes on and on. So there you have it, most of us most likely are victims of a lazy and or somewhat incompetent chemist and his mercury amalgam.

Now, what the hell are we going to do to fix it? Keep Reading

There is a Dr. Chris Shade who is a professional in mercury detox. He's written a wonderful article explain in sum the dangers of amalgams used in dentistry(NOTE: if you have any so called silver filings in your mouth, they are 50% mercury and you being poisoned by them every single day). Here's y'alls link https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/13/mercury-detoxification-protocol.aspx . As you can see he touches on how to boost your glutathione levels(absolutely necessary for detox), how to mobilize mercury with various supplements and sulfur rich vegetables, as well as how to use intestinal binders to expel mercury.

Understand that this will still take time! I've been doing this for about three weeks so far and though my symptoms are still very much present, I've definitely seen real improvement in the past month. I'd say more so than I have in any month before! I get that there are a lot of products suggested on that website for detox so I'm going to share what I've been using along with a few rules for this detox, some of which are from other sources that are must follows.

Firstly we need to boost your glutathione levels so that you can effectively detox the mercury and other shit thats accumulated in your body. I use four things for this, 1 scoop of grass fed whey protein powder, a liposomal glutathione supplement, pregnenolone(to boost progesterone levels, very important in detox!) and a natural liposomal progesterone cream. For people looking for a cheaper glutathione source, please do not get regular glutathione! It's very ineffective for our purpose as mentioned by Dr. Shade

I've been using the following mobilizers Sodium R-Lipoic Acid(not standard alpha lipoic acid), lots and lots of garlic oil, and fresh kale and cilantro twice a day. Seeing as I'm getting results with these, I wouldn't bother buying the other expensive ones listed. If cash is not a problem for you and ya wanna take more then by all means, get more.

Every morning I take an estimated 4 grams of chlorella pyrenoidosa to capture and eliminate the mercury, this should be done at least two preferably three times a day on an empty stomach thirty minutes or more before eating. Gradually work your way up to higher and higher amounts as mentioned in the article

Now, some other great detox tools that I believe you need to implement. Especially #1!

1) Probiotics! These are absolutely necessary in order to detoxify the gut which is where a lot of the mercury accumulates. Make sure to buy a brand that's shipped and stored in the cold for best results. If you don't have a store with those around you, your next best option is to find a shelf stable probiotic. You're looking for one with lots of different strains and I'd say at least 50 billion CFU..preferably higher, I take 300 billion a day. Also be sure to get prebiotic fibers either through your diet or supplementation like Inulin. I'm not going to go into the brands I'm using in this post. If y'alls want me to tell ya the brands, let me know

2) Concentrace Mineral Drops. This contains MANY minerals your body needs, the majority of which will not come from a multivitamin or even a healthy diet. This also contains a form of mercury and some other heavy metals in incredibly small amounts in a form that's beneficial (the name escapes me) because they actually help remove their toxic counterparts. To set people at ease..there is more than ten times the amount of mercury in a single strawberry than one serving of this product. Again, in a non-harmful dosage given the form. Don't worry about enjoying some strawberries! This will NOT make you worse!

The only other supplements I'd say you absolutely must have for the sake of your body in our situations are a quality multivitamin, a large dose vitamin C(at least a gram a day), and some extra magnesium since concentrace will only get you 63% of the daily requirement. I just started a newer form of magnesium called l-threonate yesterday, it's more expensive than other forms but I definitely recommend it! It's been shown to increase receptor density in the brain unlike any other form. I very much encourage you to look up some info on magnesium l-threonate. It sounds very promising, especially for receptor downregulation which most of us likely have! :)

Two more detox aids:
1) Exercise(we sweat out heavy metals and other toxins)
2) Saunas. You should spend at least one 15 minute period in the sauna followed by 15 minutes out most if not every day to really get that sweat flowing. Just make sure to shower soon after you sweat to prevent reabsorption of these toxins

Now, time for some rules for taking these supplements:
1) Do NOT take vitamin c within three hours of taking chlorella or cilantro. Doing so will inactivate them
2) You MUST pulse on and off with everything as mentioned in the article since your detoxification system cannot sustain upregulation for very long. Start with five days on then two off taking everything I've just mentioned, then gradually get up to 10 days on and four off
3) Make sure you are having at least two bowels a day as this is going to be how we excrete a lot of the mercury. Flax & Chia seeds are great high fiber healthy options to help stimulate this process
4) Amino acids are always on empty stomach and never more than one type an hour as they compete for absorption. I also take the mobilizers this way, no website I've seen has said thats a requirement, logically I'd just think they'd work better if there was less competition for absorption

A word on nutrition, the ultimate detox diet is one thats high in fats, has a moderate amount of protein, and a low amount of carbs. You might know this as the keto diet. If you want to go all around keto then by all means, definitely do so! Just know we can still detox effectively if we just eat healthily and preferably limit net carbs to 25-50 a day. Not to say you can't detox at all while eating complex carbs! I just don't recommend eating very many of them since they could negatively impact the detox and are completely unnecessary unlike fats and proteins.

I hope this has provided some hope to all of you! We are NOT permanently fucked! You will get better! You just needed someone like me to show you the tools to get there. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, just let me know.

Keep on fighting everyone! :)

I'm gonna fill y'all in on the brands I'm using for my detox tools:

These are great brands that make quality products! You'll be good if you buy from any of these, although for the probiotics I highly recommend one of Garden of Life's! Go for one of them that's shipped and stored in the cold as this is critical to ensure the arrival of the good bacteria.
1) Life Extension
2) Garden of Life
3) Jarrow
4) Solgar
5) For the chlorella pyrenoidosa I'd go with herbsupplyhouse.com

If you're trying to buy the cheapest options possible, some brands I've used before and would say are at least decent are:
1) Now Foods
2) Swanson
3) Greendayvitamins
4) Nutrabio

For those of you wondering where I buy from, your answer is eBay. Everything(except for my probiotics) are from eBay, even the chlorella is from an eBay store. I hope I was able to simplify it for those of you who might be struggling how to source your detox supplements.

I didn't want to come freak you all out but this may very well be the cause. Another BL member has done analysis on a few samples sold as "mdma" and one did contain methyl mercury according to him, but it also wasn't MDMA either but a precursor to an analog. With that said, this still means there's people out there who've consumed highly poisonous form of mercury.

While I think mercury poisoning could be the cause, I still wonder if this is environmental and/or a predisposition. For instance on Erowid, I just saw on their new reports page two reports of LTC from drugs other than MDMA. And there's many other reports of very similar conditions from other drugs. All these seem to be similar despite the different sources, and I can promise 99.9% of cannabis out there is mercury free I'm sure.

It's one big mystery...

ZeroLuck, get back to your good habits friend. You didn't give it long enough. I'd say I'd keep all those habits for a year after the symptoms quit. Wish you the best man.

-GC

@G_Chem Please link several of these reports as I'm having a hard time finding them. I would definitely say the environment plays somewhat of a role in predisposing people to LTC's since heavy metals are accumulating in our bodies left and right in todays world which could ultimately lower the amount of mercury it would take to cause an LTC.

Hang on, the analysis I speak of is the "What's wrong with MDMA available today?" Thread and there's dozens of pages. I'll look around for it.

I agree and have wondered if this may be the reason it seems isolated to certain regions. (That last part isn't definitive by any means, I've just noticed a pattern is all.) I wonder if areas with more fish/seafood intake have an increased risk.

-GC

Hi all, would the body not rid itself of the mercury naturally? If people are still struggling after 2 years is that not enough time for the body to filter / remove it? Or does it just cause permanent damage? I have not read the links yet so apologies for my lack of understanding on this.

The theory of mercury poisoning seems to answer a lot of unknown questions for me about how LTCs happen and persist longer than they should do. My LTC was triggered by taking MDMA only a few times, but prior to this use I had glandular fever and my liver was not functioning as well as it should be. This could suggest that my body couldn't properly filter out any substances that shouldn't be hanging around to long in the body (such as mercury)? I wonder if there is any correlation between how many doses of MDMA someone took (before triggering their long term comedown) and the healthiness/effectiveness of their liver.

Well I dont think it's the case for me because I had blood work done in the first week after the abuse and the doctor said everything was normal.

@Stupidk

Let me tell you this straight, everything is fine with you, that's all just developing obsession over minor things... don't read bs anymore, you're just feeding your OCD.
So you?re saying I?m not developing hppd even though I have eye floaters and I also noticed I see halos around street lights, car lights, and traffic lights at night? Please tell me these things are normal. There are so many things I am obsessing over because I can?t tell what?s normal.. I don?t see after images or breathing walls and halos around regular lights during the day, I would be done obsessing over my one time use if I didn?t have new eye issues.. btw my eye floaters formed about a month and a half after my use

So you?re saying I?m not developing hppd even though I have eye floaters and I also noticed I see halos around street lights, car lights, and traffic lights at night? Please tell me these things are normal. There are so many things I am obsessing over because I can?t tell what?s normal.. I don?t see after images or breathing walls and halos around regular lights during the day, I would be done obsessing over my one time use if I didn?t have new eye issues.. btw my eye floaters formed about a month and a half after my use

I was kinda obsessing myself over visual snow, but then asked few friends and they had the same as me, was firstly hard to tell because they've never paid attention in their lives but once they put some efforts they did.

Eye floaters are normal for everyone, I've started noticing them once I've found about them. Halos are absolutely normal too, long after images are not normal, breathing walls maybe if you stare too long.

I've been reading a research paper that pointed people who took MDMA had bigger chances of developing obsessive-compulsive disorder, which will explain all the "healthy issues" we have, but the medicine can't answer.

@G_chem I found it! Will definitely be spending some time going through it. Mercury exposure is likely higher in people who eat large amounts of fish and seafood. The rule of thumb I've heard is the bigger the fish likely means the more mercury they contain. The biggest exposure in most people throughout the world is from the so called silver fillings MANY people have received from dentists. The amount of mercury in even one of these is so great that if you took one and put it in a small lake, it'd have to be drained for environmental hazards. So it's not surprising that research has shown depression rates to be higher among dentists and their patients who've received mercury filings. This people definitely are more likely to get an LTC but again, everyone body has a different threshold in regards to how much mercury their body can handle.

@Brucey85 The body can and will detox itself over time. However if you have leaky gut which LOTS of people do from their already unhealthy dietary and lifestyle habits, this will take much longer to detox since it impairs your body's ability to absorb, retain, and utilize the nutrients. I would definitely recommend you start taking high dose probiotics(at least 100 billion a day), along with some Inulin prebiotic fibers to help with leaky gut

@shouldvestayedhome did they run a specific blood test for mercury or even heavy metals in general? I ask because it's not something necessarily searched for in every toxicology scan

@ZeroLuck the reason for MDMA users being more likely to develop ocd likely lies in the fact that lowered serotonin levels have been shown to cause ocd in some people, you can find this on the Braverman test

I don't think my LTC is caused by mercury. I took a dose from the same batch as several other people, and only one other guy had mild derealization for a month, others were fine. If my LTC would be caused by mercury, all who took a dose from that batch should have as severe symptoms as me, I suppose.

I had blood tests done which showed everything as normal but I don't know if they were testing for mercury etc or not. Think it was kidney liver function but not sure what else is checked so will def look into it. @stupidk my floaters also started about 4-6 weeks after use. @Sick_guy I am also the only one to end up with a LTC, my mates had the same and were fine, but I had taken more in the past than them.

I had blood tests done which showed everything as normal but I don't know if they were testing for mercury etc or not. Think it was kidney liver function but not sure what else is checked so will def look into it. @stupidk my floaters also started about 4-6 weeks after use. @Sick_guy I am also the only one to end up with a LTC, my mates had the same and were fine, but I had taken more in the past than them.
I wonder why our floaters showed up much later in the LTC? it?s really freaking me out. Already got my eyes checked when I had derelization as I thought everything looked fine but didn?t look fine.. I don?t have the derlization anymore.. what other things are you struggling with?

Heavy metal poisoning isn't going to effect everyone the same. Some people have more accumulated in their bodies than others, some people aren't nearly as effected by it as others.

Things to note here.. LTC is a rather new phenomenon only coming about in the last decade. I can promise this condition wasn't even really a thing before 2010. This upcrop of cases correlates with a change in the synthesis of MDMA.

LTC seems to come from certain batches. I've read reports of multiple people coming down with it from the same batch after years of no problems with other batches. @sickguy- You even said another person had LTC for a month after the same batch, that's not normal.

Next we've even got a few reports of people who've taken MDMA for years no issue only to get it now?

It's all adding up to, in my mind, a problem with the drug itself. The fact the LTC phenomenon correlates perfectly with the change in synthetic route solidifies this theory for me.

-GC

@G_Chem, I think we had these symptoms because we took lot ( >300 mg) of rather pure MDMA, within short period of time, and that was really hot day, and I didn't drink a lot then (publications I read says that higher body temperature increases chances of damage done by MDMA).

There are several publications on pub med and other rather reliable sources, that says pure MDMA can do neuronal damage in high enough doses. And about 5 % of population has genetic predisposition to be vulnerable to damage done by MDMA. So there is no need to explain LTC by mercury impurities, pure MDMA is enough. Of course, LCT caused by mercury might be the case, but Occam's Razor tells me that it's just MDMA.

Do you know what genes cause this genetic predisposition? Would be interesting to look at all our dna results.