• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

lionheart is right. an "anxiety" or "panic" disorder seems to have a negative connotation for some, maybe because people feel like it's diminishing the severity of their very real physical symptoms. the drug causes drastic changes in neurochemistry which wreaks havoc on the system in many different ways. the neurochemical imbalances caused by MDMA absolutely cause physical symptoms. i assume some people label it an anxiety based disorder because the SSRIs/SNRIs seem to be helpful for people with these symptoms after MDMA use, and we know separately that they're helpful for people with anxiety and/or depression. call it something else if it makes you feel better, it doesn't really matter.

i had severe GERD/stomach issues, severe head pressure, ringing in ears, pains/pressures/bursts of white noises and some sort of brain zaps (for lack of a better term) in neck and limbs, severe muscle twitching, unable to focus vision, etc etc etc. i felt miserable for over 2 years with no improvement even with consistent heavy exercise. i had negative results from all kinds of imaging and other tests, migraine medicines were unhelpful, and so i finally gave effexor a try. i still felt bad in waves for months, even as i got up to 225mg. not until i was on that highest dose for several months did i begin to really come out of the physical symptoms and cycles/waves of absolute misery. just because someone labels it a panic disorder or anxiety disorder doesn't mean you necessarily have any control over it and/or it doesn't manifest with physical symptoms. for the vast majority of people i guarantee you these symptoms are a result of a fucked up serotonin system - a system which is directly effected by mdma use. this is well researched and established by the scientific community. i would absolutely try an SSRI or SNRI if you haven't already. and i mean really try it, for a long period of time. i started it in july of 2019 at 37.5mg, a small, safe dose, and finally worked up to 225mg, and i didn't feel regularly better until the past few months. what do you have to lose?

Last edited:
In 11/2017 i took extc pill and smoke a joint then i went to hell 3 month of hell all the symptoms that you can imagine were triggered by that pill
Mucsle twitching
Headaches pressure tingling
Insomnia
Vivid dream
Dp/dr
Hppd
Etc
I went to the psy he gave me ssri / antipsychotic/ xanax
After a month i was 100% fine
But i had withrawal from the ssri i couldnt breath
So i stopped all the meds after 4 month
I start drinking heavily and i start to suffer from imbalance i took some corticoidsteroid and boom
Returned to square 1 so from since im dealing with muscle twitching and insomnia and other symptoms it feels like wont subsided i ve seen people in bluelight suffering from this 8 yeras or more
I feel desperate 😥 its been 31 month now
Ecxuse me englich is not my native languages

In 11/2017 i took extc pill and smoke a joint then i went to hell 3 month of hell all the symptoms that you can imagine were triggered by that pill
Mucsle twitching
Insomnia
Vivid dream
Dp/dr
Hppd
Etc
I start drinking heavily and i start to suffer from imbalance i took some corticoidsteroid and boom
Returned to square 1 so from since im dealing with muscle twitching and insomnia and other symptoms it feels like wont subsided i ve seen people in bluelight suffering from this 8 yeras or more

Don't lose hope, you should find what will work with you. As you've experienced 100% recovery this should make you hopeful that there's nothing "broken" beyond repair. Try to live as healthy as possible, both physical and mentally. Stay strong man.

Just wanted to drop on by for a short message. To those who are currently suffering from chemical abuse, please go see a Psychiatrist like I did. Two years ago (summer of 2018)I was going through absolute fucking HELL. My brain was torturing me everyday. This was due to taking something that I thought was MDMA but turned out to be bath salt. My mind went into extreme fear and anxiety. This lasted a couple of months. Finally I could not take it anymore. I ended up getting help at a MICA clinic. They prescribed me PEROXITINE 40 mg and BUSIPIRONE 15 mg. Of course they started me on smaller dosages at first.

These meds helped me a lot! They saved me. Please don't just sit there reading and doing your own research. You must go out and find help. Call your local PSYCHIATRIST and ask for help and guidance. You will be glad you did. Medications DO HELP!

I hope this helps someone out there who is suffering themselves or know someone who is suffering. Please feel free to pass this info around!

you shouldn't be in here anymore man. No offense, and I know you like to help, but this place is not healthy or helpful. It's anxiety filled. The posters are full of anxiety, and spread it accidentally to each other.

People think they may be discussing solutions and how to get better. But really they are just stuck in little anxious circles, trying to find reassurance anywhere they can.

You've been on the healing track long enough, your body should be ready to heal if you just give it the right conditions. And one of those conditions is you need to limit the amount of outside anxiety that gets to you. That means cutting off people, places, and things (only temporarily for those long term connections you cant permanently sever) that are high in anxiety. As much as you might like those people places and things, you need to cut them out for a little bit.

the energy of other people will bleed into you. If you stay in anxious environments, you will stay in anxiety.

This forum in particular, very high in anxiety.
Mucsle twitching
Insomnia
Vivid dream
Dp/dr
Hppd
Etc

Samoz I would work with a psychiatrist and try another SSRI or SNRI. Sometimes it takes a few tries to figure out which one works the best for you

Samoz I would work with a psychiatrist and try another SSRI or SNRI. Sometimes it takes a few tries to figure out which one works the best for you
The drugs dont work for me anymore
My body got used to it . I took prozac for 10 month an the symptoms didnt subsid at all im very desparate . Im become suicidal . Im taking zyprexa now for one year it did ease some symptoms . I tried to wean off of it it was hell . Now took it back and the symptoms still persist.
Thanks zeroluck for the support .
Anon did your muscle twitches subsided?

The drugs dont work for me anymore
My body got used to it . I took prozac for 10 month an the symptoms didnt subsid at all im very desparate . Im become suicidal . Im taking zyprexa now for one year it did ease some symptoms . I tried to wean off of it it was hell . Now took it back and the symptoms still persist.
Thanks zeroluck for the support .
Anon did your muscle twitches subsided?
did you try a different one than the one that stopped working though?

did you try a different one than the one that stopped working though?
Yes i did but i made the symptoms worse
I dont know what to do im very sick dont go outside
Staying at home everyday
Did your twitches subsided

Yes i did but i made the symptoms worse
I dont know what to do im very sick dont go outside
Staying at home everyday
Did your twitches subsided

yes, the twitching has gotten much better, but not until i got up to 225mg of effexor for several months

yes, the twitching has gotten much better, but not until i got up to 225mg of effexor for several months
Congrats mate
Mine still twitch oll over my body
Have you heard of zyprexa ( atypic antipsychotique)
Im taking know since one year )
I was doing fine (but the twitching havent subsid completly) my doc tried to wean me off of it
She told me to cut it by half it a horrible exprience worse than the benzo . I got on it againg but it seems it has lost his effect on me !!! ? Dont know why . Now im in a very dark place
Any idea

I now have tinnitus and hppd amongst LTC 7 months ago I was normal person enjoying life , today I can't remember what I ate yesterday. I should've listened to my parents and all the school pep talk.

Last edited:
I now have tinnitus and hppd amongst LTC 7 months ago I was normal person enjoying life , today I can't remember what I ate yesterday. I should've listened to my parents and all the school pep talk.

don't worry about it, we just became more colorful and unique. Just approach it like a warrior... Everyone is recovering to a huge extent if you check the threads it takes time

don't worry about it, we just became more colorful and unique. Just approach it like a warrior... Everyone is recovering to a huge extent if you check the threads it takes time
Its just so hard bro I feel like I've got worse effects than everyone else ,my doctor even prescribed an SSRI the way things are right now I'm really tempted to take it

I'm back! 3 years in now. After starting with SSRI in 2018 things went much better and after a year I did quit the SSRI. Up until a few weeks ago everything was way better then before. Still my mental functions weren't 100%, more like 60% and I still had some fatigue. The last few weeks I'm having a hard setback and I don't know the reason, I'm mentally exhausted and unable to function at work. Maybe I'll get back using an SSRI. I'd hoped after 3 years I would be back to normal but I think I need a couple more years.
Do SSRI's work ? I'm thinking of taking one

Just wanted to drop on by for a short message. To those who are currently suffering from chemical abuse, please go see a Psychiatrist like I did. Two years ago (summer of 2018)I was going through absolute fucking HELL. My brain was torturing me everyday. This was due to taking something that I thought was MDMA but turned out to be bath salt. My mind went into extreme fear and anxiety. This lasted a couple of months. Finally I could not take it anymore. I ended up getting help at a MICA clinic. They prescribed me PEROXITINE 40 mg and BUSIPIRONE 15 mg. Of course they started me on smaller dosages at first.

These meds helped me a lot! They saved me. Please don't just sit there reading and doing your own research. You must go out and find help. Call your local PSYCHIATRIST and ask for help and guidance. You will be glad you did. Medications DO HELP!

I hope this helps someone out there who is suffering themselves or know someone who is suffering. Please feel free to pass this info around!
Do you still take SSRI and bupropion? Have you recovered 100%
If you stopped the SSRI, how was the process to stop it? No relapse?

Its just so hard bro I feel like I've got worse effects than everyone else ,my doctor even prescribed an SSRI the way things are right now I'm really tempted to take it

Oh no, believe me the horror stories are endless, you're going through the same and it's harsh. SSRIs sometimes take few attempts to work, just don't lose hope and time will make it better as long you don't give up and feed your anxiety

So unfortunately things are getting worse for me. Due to corona I can't do my regular job so I'm back at an office, working with my head. This gives me fatigue (mental and physical), brain fog, muscle tension.
It is striking that on the day itself the symptoms are pretty low. The next day there is a huge increase in fatigue, lethargy, more depression and more anxiety. Also the recovery time from one working day is a few days of rest, so when working more then three days a week the fatigue will pile up. The work itself doesn't stress me out. I do even like it, not as much as my normal job but it's okay. Only the increase in symptoms makes is not funny at the moment.
I'm thinking of going back to my psychologist and looking for a reason that's maybe underlying anxiety or depression.

More people who have this? That working with your head gives a lot of symptoms. (school or job)