Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators: andyturbo | BlueBull | scatterday | steewith2ees
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

Needhelp123

Bluelighter
Hey man this fills me with joy! I've been suffering for exactly 2.5 years aswell and feel that my final breakthrough also came recently.
Since lockdown started I've also begun to consistently meditate which has improved my handling of anxiety massively. These days I can live in the moment, laugh with friends and really begin to enjoy life again. I also passed my degree today with a 1st class honours and genuinely cried. I'm so proud of myself for struggling through this and still managing to achieve something from my time at university.

Its odd to think 2 years ago I was reading recovery stories without any faith and now I'm the one writing one.
So great to hear you recovered! What were your symptoms? Do you feel 100 percent recovered?

anon1644

Greenlighter
Hey there! I might be one of the people who got the longest hell until now from the few recovery stories I've read.
This is my 8th year in, from a couple of back-to-back doses, my first and only ones.
My psychosis was triggered after 1 week or so from the last dose, while smoking weed, I was feeling pretty normal up until then.
I had a general sense of confusion and my heart was beating way too fast, at one point my brain just went into overload mode and I was thrown into hell.
All the symptoms you know well:
- detachment from self and reality
- apathy
- brain fog
- cognitive impairment
- constant head pressure

I very slowly recovered some of my old self, I still say little, even after 7 years.
What makes me thinking about it every single day is the persistence of this unbearable pressure that now concentrates only on the left side of my frontal lobe and around the left eye.
Clogs my ear too. I wish I knew a way to alleviate that and stop thinking about it for moments. If you had the same issue and found something that helped please let me know!
From my side unfortunately what I can say is that intense exercise and abstinence from any stimulant whatsoever are and were the only enhancers to my recovery. Nothing else helped one bit.
I can assure that I was in the darkest place I think a human can visit and still, today I feel alive and have things I look forward too. So don't despair, because what you're going through will definitely fortify you beyond belief.
it's not psychosis, it's anxiety/serotonin system not working properly. weed and MDMA are known to cause similar issues in predisposed individuals. SSRI/SNRI should help

Dirtymikeandtheboys

Greenlighter
Hey there! I might be one of the people who got the longest hell until now from the few recovery stories I've read.
This is my 8th year in, from a couple of back-to-back doses, my first and only ones.
My psychosis was triggered after 1 week or so from the last dose, while smoking weed, I was feeling pretty normal up until then.
I had a general sense of confusion and my heart was beating way too fast, at one point my brain just went into overload mode and I was thrown into hell.
All the symptoms you know well:
- detachment from self and reality
- apathy
- brain fog
- cognitive impairment
- constant head pressure

I very slowly recovered some of my old self, I still say little, even after 7 years.
What makes me thinking about it every single day is the persistence of this unbearable pressure that now concentrates only on the left side of my frontal lobe and around the left eye.
Clogs my ear too. I wish I knew a way to alleviate that and stop thinking about it for moments. If you had the same issue and found something that helped please let me know!
From my side unfortunately what I can say is that intense exercise and abstinence from any stimulant whatsoever are and were the only enhancers to my recovery. Nothing else helped one bit.
I can assure that I was in the darkest place I think a human can visit and still, today I feel alive and have things I look forward too. So don't despair, because what you're going through will definitely fortify you beyond belief.
Sounds horrible man, sorry to hear, but your progress still sounds promising. Your case sounds much more serious than most other ones on this post. Anything else to this? Like did you remain abstinent from all drugs/alc the last 8 years? When did you really start focusing on recovery?

Ultramarine

Greenlighter
it's not psychosis, it's anxiety/serotonin system not working properly. weed and MDMA are known to cause similar issues in predisposed individuals. SSRI/SNRI should help
At one point I did try not an SSRI but, under psychiatric advice, a very low dosage of Aripiprazole.
It was supposed to rebalance in a quite randomic manner the receptors and neurotransmitters. For a while I thought I was getting better thanks to it, but then I realized it was making me absolutely numb to everything and progressively tired. I tapered off and it took around 4 months to feel the withdrawal effects go away. Horrible withdrawal. So I am a bit skeptical to try other medications that have a similar effect. Do you think a SSRI treatment could be comparable to my Aripiprazole experience?
Sounds horrible man, sorry to hear, but your progress still sounds promising. Your case sounds much more serious than most other ones on this post. Anything else to this? Like did you remain abstinent from all drugs/alc the last 8 years? When did you really start focusing on recovery?
I stopped any stimulants whatsoever, everything was worsening my symptoms so stopping was not much of a choice.
Once in a while I drink little alcohol now, I started drinking coffee which makes me a bit more focused but worsens my head symptoms and I found that kratom from a "enjoying life" perspective brings me back to how I used to enjoy stuff, but it also has its downsides. Honestly I focused on recovery from day 1 after the beginning of the LTC.
I am really trying to kick this in this period, I'm tired as hell and I'd like to find some competent medical advice on the subject, where would you suggest heading?

Thank you for all the kind words and support!