• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

Hi everyone.

If you don't know who I am, I've had this LTC for about 4 years now. I used to post a lot here back then. My girlfriend made a documentary about the condition and HPPD. We've now teamed up with the NRF group to make an extended version of the documentary to help bring awareness and hopefully shine a light on this crap we've all been dealing with.

We are currently trying to gather some data and from people who suffer from HPPD or LTC. We've created this video or audio survey and it would be great if you guys were interested in taking part.

Here is the link to the survey: https://hppd.typeform.com/to/hDPU0j?s=BL

If you decide to take part your contribution will be extremely helpful and insightful.

Thank you!

Hi everyone.

If you don't know who I am, I've had this LTC for about 4 years now. I used to post a lot here back then. My girlfriend made a documentary about the condition and HPPD. We've now teamed up with the NRF group to make an extended version of the documentary to help bring awareness and hopefully shine a light on this crap we've all been dealing with.

We are currently trying to gather some data and from people who suffer from HPPD or LTC. We've created this video or audio survey and it would be great if you guys were interested in taking part.

If you decide to take part your contribution will be extremely helpful and insightful.

Thank you!

It sounds like it's only for HPPD, for an example I didn't have much physical symptoms, but horrible mental ones

Hi everyone.

Thank you!
What are your current symptoms? Have you tried any medication?

Hi everyone.

Thank you!
Please share your story here, looking at your previous posts looks like you recovered a couple of times and then relapsed.
How are you feeling these days.
I am happy to help your girlfriend but please share your full story with us first with the ups and downs.
Don’t five up on us and more of us will be happy to support your girlfriends project.

It sounds like it's only for HPPD, for an example I didn't have much physical symptoms, but horrible mental ones

HPPD is a broad term. It's not only used for the physical symptoms anymore. For example DP/DR is included in HPPD symptoms.

Please share your story here, looking at your previous posts looks like you recovered a couple of times and then relapsed.
How are you feeling these days.
I am happy to help your girlfriend but please share your full story with us first with the ups and downs.
Don’t five up on us and more of us will be happy to support your girlfriends project.

Sure no problem. I got HPPD, DP/DR, head pressure and anxiety after taking MDMA back in 2016. I tried some medications but gave up very quickly because it made the symptoms worse. Literally just took one pill of sertraline and stopped. Since then I've adopted somewhat of a healthy diet, just no junk food as much as possible, less sugar, no caffeine and I've been completely sober. I've had periods of about a week or so where I thought everything was better but then slowly the symptoms would come back. Overall my LTC is better than it was before although some days can still be a struggle. I stopped posting here as I wanted to stop thinking about this in general because I was obsessing over the 'cure'.

I didn't share this for you guys to support my girlfriend or me, we are voluntarily spending our spare time to create a documentary to help raise awareness for this condition. This project isn't for my benefit or my girlfriends. We really want to do this to help people with this condition by raising awareness and promoting the clinical trials which will be taking place in Australia to see if we can learn more about it. We were approached by the Neurosensory Research Foundation to make an extended version to a documentary that we had closed and finished.

If you have anymore questions let me know.

Oh things change quick, few years back it was just for the visual aspects

By definition yeah HPPD is purely the visuals. But people who have it tend to have all these other symptoms as well. So when we talk about HPPD we're also talking DP/DR, anxiety, depression, head pressure etc etc...

Sure no problem. I got HPPD, DP/DR, head pressure and anxiety after taking MDMA back in 2016. I tried some medications but gave up very quickly because it made the symptoms worse. Literally just took one pill of sertraline and stopped. Since then I've adopted somewhat of a healthy diet, just no junk food as much as possible, less sugar, no caffeine and I've been completely sober. I've had periods of about a week or so where I thought everything was better but then slowly the symptoms would come back. Overall my LTC is better than it was before although some days can still be a struggle. I stopped posting here as I wanted to stop thinking about this in general because I was obsessing over the 'cure'.

I didn't share this for you guys to support my girlfriend or me, we are voluntarily spending our spare time to create a documentary to help raise awareness for this condition. This project isn't for my benefit or my girlfriends. We really want to do this to help people with this condition by raising awareness and promoting the clinical trials which will be taking place in Australia to see if we can learn more about it. We were approached by the Neurosensory Research Foundation to make an extended version to a documentary that we had closed and finished.

If you have anymore questions let me know.
Do you feel better almost recovered at night?

Do you feel better almost recovered at night?

My symptoms do decrease a lot at night yeah. But only when I'm at my house. If i'm outside they are not as bad but still very much there. Symptoms get worse during summer and better in the winter weirdly too.

My symptoms do decrease a lot at night yeah. But only when I'm at my house. If i'm outside they are not as bad but still very much there. Symptoms get worse during summer and better in the winter weirdly too.
Interesting stuff. What are your current symptoms in detail?

How long it takes that brain chemicals return to normal ?

Last edited by a moderator:
How long it takes that brain chemicals return to normal ?

Depends on lifestyle and environment. You can either speed the process or even worsen it. We don't know exactly what structural changes happened in our bodies, but everyone who recovered did either by antidepressants, hormonal therapy, healthy lifestyle or just having the right mindset. For me high nutrition food and a lot of sun exposure makes the biggest difference, combined with magnesium citrate and creatine monohydrate

If I drink a glass of wine or I take a xanax my symptoms go away. This is just and ONLY anxiety and nothing else guys.
Now We just have to find out to get read of the anxiety, easier said than done. Obviously I won’t drink or take a xanax everyday, that’s not a longterm solution.

If I drink a glass of wine or I take a xanax my symptoms go away. This is just and ONLY anxiety and nothing else guys.
Now We just have to find out to get read of the anxiety, easier said than done. Obviously I won’t drink or take a xanax everyday, that’s not a longterm solution.
Get sauna or infrored sauna 2 times 20min helps reduce anxiety also try hypobaric oxygen chamber.