Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators: andyturbo | BlueBull | scatterday
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

blata123

Greenlighter
> However if you look at the original study the MDMA doses given to these rats were incredibly high and concentrated at 5mg/kg twice daily for 7 days straight. That's equivalent to 350mg for a 70kg person twice a day for 7 days and not reflective at all of how most people on the forum have used MDMA and gotten LTC. If you were to drink alcohol 20-30 standard drinks twice a day for 7 days straight I'm pretty sure you'd get brain damaged too. Also if you google there are also a lot of studies showing that it is inconclusive whether MDMA damages serotonin axons at normal recreational doses. So I highly doubt MDMA causes serotonin axon damage at the doses which most people on this forum have used MDMA.

so i disagree here. at least in the UK, it's p normal to do a gram a night or so. I don't know about the purity but if you combine that with + factors or a particular susceptibility to injury i think you can start to approach 'crazy' doses used in the study. i alwasy get freaked out when people say that 150mg is like a high dose, bc here in london everyone buys a gram and sort of shares it round and everyone adds in a lot of shit and overall i wouldn't be suprised if you managed 500mg+ per session.

for example here:

a woman DIES after taking 500mg. DIES. everyone else in her friendship group taking similar amounts seems fine. sometimes you can just have a bad reaction and die - so it seems reasonable to suppose sometimes you can just have a bad reaction and your (neurons) die a bit.

The article says that her friends took 250mg, and she took 500mg. 250mg seems like a normalish dose, 500mg a heroic dose. Either way in the study I linked the rats were given the equivalent of 700mg a day for 7 straight days and I highly doubt the vast majority of people on this forum have taken that much for 2 days straight let alone 7 days.

I also doubt it's normal to do 1g a night even in London. It might be normal to take 1g into a club and share it with friends. But that would mean everybody takes a normal dose of MDMA. Or maybe it's normal because MDMA in London is cut with fillers. If you look at ravers the vast majority usually use MDMA within normal doses, and then there are a small minority who willingly choose to take a heroic dose knowing full well there could be consequences for their brain but they choose to do it anyway. But that would hardly make taking 1g 'normal'.

In any case the reason I responded was because in your original post you said that you weren't using much at all, and that your usage on Sep 2015, Jan 2016 and April 2016 precipitated your LTC. It seems to me that you spaced apart your sessions well and took MDMA responsibly. What doses did you take then? Also the fact that you've tried all those supplements and still seem to be fixated on your symptoms years later suggests to me you've developed some kind of anxiety around your LTC. I think it's highly possible that people get real LTC symptoms after rolling for days to months because the brain's serotonin is depleted and that serotonin needs to be replenished. But beyond that a lot of LTC becomes based around anxiety around your initial LTC symptoms. In other words your anxiety around your initial LTC symptoms is what's prolonging your LTC.

Many people on this forum have gone on to 100% recover months or years after their initial onset of LTC. You're not alone in the sense that we've all experienced the symptoms you're experiencing so we can all relate. But in order to recover you need to understand that fixating on your symptoms is not helpful for your recovery and could actually be whats prolonging your LTC.

Samoz

Bluelighter
Who have vivid dreams and nightmare or alteration of reality i dont talk about derealisation
I know what is all about the world seems flat and grey

longlongtermcd

Greenlighter
but it feels like while a lot of people hve recovered - a lot of them HAVEN'T - esp if with complications like diseases, doing mdma again, and +5 years of little progress. surely there are also people on here
who havent recovered?

Many people on this forum have gone on to 100% recover months or years after their initial onset of LTC. You're not alone in the sense that we've all experienced the symptoms you're experiencing so we can all relate. But in order to recover you need to understand that fixating on your symptoms is not helpful for your recovery and could actually be whats prolonging your LTC.

Last edited: