Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful post man.

Hey guys,
hope you are doing better out there.
Some of you will remember me.It's been 19months since my LTC started. Just wanted to spread some hope to you guys. Most of you are in a rly dark place right now, but trust me when I say it get's better. In my opinion this all comes to an end when you get yourself some rest. As Budal wrote: Accept your symptoms, things will get better. Realize not one of the symmptoms you experience will kill you and you won't go crazy. It's just an off-shot of a drug induced anxiety disorder, or however you wanna call it. You won't find no physical injuries in your brain, the key to your old self is time and some patience. Don't be too hard to yourself and try to get some distraction.(exercise, friends, what ever you want..)

My life runs pretty well atm. I have a new girlfriend, I do sports whenever I want, I'm doing my bachelors degree this year and I have a part time job. I am able to drink alcohol as much as I want(even if the hangover is a bit worse) and I smoked some weed on occasion(But its nothing for me anymore). Back one year I felt like a bag of shit and the only realistic solution I could imagine at that time was to comit suicide. Meanwhile this sounds so unreal to me.
I still have some bad days, in fact I will maybe come back if I have a little set back, just to get some positive input from you guys, but I'd say Im a normal human again and most of the time I can enjoy living my life.

Again:The most important thing is to not fear your Symptoms, cause your fear fuels them. Try to live with them and they will subside.

Ah, before I forget Paul Davids "At last a Life" is a pretty good lecture for short- and longtime sufferers in here. It's absolutely worth the money in my opinion.

Guys, I wish you all the best and I'm pretty optimistic, that everyone here will eventually recover.

It's been 1.5 years for me since last MDMA use after about 3 months of abuse. That's all it took to mess me up. How I perceive things drives me crazy like you are saying. And I try to vent and explain to the people around me. I feel hopeless at times, I hope I can start to get where you are at in your recover, I'm thinking another 6 months I will see bigger change I pray I do. And I will use ur tip about fear fuels them. That's my problem I start to focus on how my vision is weird still and how things start to move and just how thrown off my brain is and that's when I freak out. I need to learn to just look past and ignore it.

I don't know how much longer I can go this. Nobody understands I actually don't have anxiety one bit. It's just impossible to do simple tasks even trying to forget about it and exercise my muscles are agony I struggle with memory speech everything really. Weakness and tingling everywhere, I've really fucked up and lost everything it's just hell ! Is there anything else that can be done ?
It will be a year in March.

Hmm, I've never posted in this particular thread, but I find some of this paranoia interesting.

The reason why I'm classifying it as one is because a lot of symptoms that the posters in here are discussing seem to be psychosomatic. This works both ways; your mind can make you feel better or worse, literally. It's actually not even debatable. I can elaborate later on if someone wants it, but this is the main point.

A lot of people here in this very thread have admitted that their ltc includes other factors unrelated to their mdma use; that ultimately means that mdma isn't the sole cause. People need to go to the doctor, run tests and seek outside help (such as counseling for depression, anger management, anxiety, etc.) as well as evaluating themselves rationally. In other words, do not include your emotions/personal bias as much as possible and examine/judge yourself like you would to someone else (if that's how you do it). You will be surprised to find many answers that were within you the whole time, or at least that's what should happen if it's done properly and if you haven't really done that as much as you should have. It's not easy, but mental health is an extremely important factor that consistently gets overlooked, even in this day and age. We ALL suffer from it, at least here and there, just like we'll all get the cold or fever here and there too.

Another important thing is to NOT put this off! For example, going to the dentist is like going to hell (imo), but I'm at the point where it's necessary because I think I only went once within the last 5 years, besides teeth cleaning which isn't a biggie. Even something like teeth and gum issues can lead to all kinds of detrimental effects on the body. Good health isn't something that just happens while talking about it and doing nothing; it requires a lot of effort and action to maintain it. Which honestly, I don't see much of here. I mean, you have to be a very special case and have a super weak ass immune system if this doesn't work, and tbh I highly doubt that. Especially because if you actually run some tests, they can detect that and much more. It's just that there's too much talking and not enough doing. I've fallen victim to that before; the whole worrying and then sitting on my ass and doing nothing about it for myself. Nothing but shitty results, that's for sure.

I think most of the problems here come down to this. The whole placebo/psychosomatic factor in our physical health is not only underestimated, it's sometimes completely ignored. This is foolish, especially when I look at the problems in this thread specifically. I don't even see one post having a strong and actual positive outlook on their health when they talk about it, when in reality that can make a big ass difference.

Even a couple months of complete mdma abstinence is a long time and should be enough to recover from most of the detrimental effects that I see here. When you roll and then basically stop suddenly for that long, it feels like much longer than that. When I didn't drop mdma even once for two years, it felt like I was in a whole new phase in my life. And this is coming from someone who never had an ltc or really any negative effect; but you WILL feel healthier and much better than before, even if everything else remains the same. So, if you become proactive with your health on top of that, in reality you WILL be better than before. Again, mostly everyone here simply seems to be suffering something mental in nature, or it at least has a hand in all of the negative effects described here.

Like I said, the power of positive thinking is real and it's kind of dumb to ignore it. Not only is it good for your mental health, which in turn influences your physical health, it leads to positive actions eg. getting up and doing something about it. Don't just give up or give in. Suffering is a part of the human experience (and if you don't think I've massively suffered in my life, that's your delusion, yet here I am standing with a consistent, positive outlook based a little bit on defiance, and a lot of it based on learning from my experiences) and the challenge is to fight back and will yourself to better days even if all you did was change the way you look at it (like becoming optimistic).

Inevitably, that will lead you to doing something about it. :)

How long is recovery ? I have a family who don't understand me and keep saying I'm mentally fucking Ill and that's not the case at all.

Just be yourself. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have been lurking on Bluelight for the past month or so and have found a lot of valuable information here. It is helping immensely in my recovery process. This is a great community and I just wanted to express my deep appreciation for everyone on here. This is my rather typical story: I took my 2nd dose of MDMA exactly 48 days ago. Untested (of course) and the dose was probably too high. It took about a week for the side effects to catch up with me. I had a panic attack that was quickly preceded by intense DP and debilitating anxiety. My life has changed drastically since then. All of my thoughts are focussed on recovery. I am exercising daily and eating very healthy, taking vitamins as well Magnesium and Fish oil. I am trying to remain positive and continue with my life but it is difficult sometimes.

The physical anxiety is barely present anymore and I don't have much trouble with sleeping. However, the brain fog and numbness (anhedonia) still remain. Sometimes the DP creeps in but it's never intense. I have good days and bad days but over all I just don't feel like myself. As the weeks go by I become increasingly concerned that I will stay in some version of this state forever.

I have read through a great deal of the threads on here and have come across quite a few recovery stories. I don't want to come across as naive but it really seems like the majority of people recover from this. I guess we will have to wait and see for ourselves.

One person I wanted to reach out to in particular is Budal202. I really love your recent post and found it to be a great assessment of everything. Just wanted to let you know that I also suffer from the "song in your head" symptom. I've looked it up and it's called an "ear worm". Pretty annoying, feels like you're going crazy.

Anyway, I am sure this will not be my last post. I believe there is hope for all of us and that time really will be the main factor. We are lucky that we have each other for reassurance in the mean time. Take care guys.

Harry95

Curious about this thread. My MDMA use last year was greater than some people in this thread. Maybe rolling 3 times a week over Spring and Summer, repeat lines, also taking mephedrone, ketamine, 2C-B, alcohol, valium, but none of these nearly so much as MDMA. It tailed off to zero by October of last year, mostly because MDMA no longer did very much: I may as well have been taking amphetamine. Also because of a near anaesthetic dose K-hole which was great, but kind of put me off being high.

Anyway, I'm not taking anything now and haven't for a couple of months, and I feel fine. Pretty good actually.

Did I have a lucky escape? Will I be bad soon? Or is it normal not to have the terrible after effects discussed in this thread?

Fresnel if you feel fine that's great, and I think it is unlikely that you will all of a sudden have negative effects.

I would advise not doing more MDMA just to be safe.

You bring up perhaps the most interesting point of this whole thing in regards to those dealing with LTC. Why does it happen to some people and not others?

Personally, I know plenty of people who have done far far far larger amounts of MDMA and on a more frequent basis than I did. Why then did this happen to me?

I wonder if there are other factors which precipitate this. In my case, before and after the MDMA I struggled to get any amount of sleep. over 4 days during the ordeal with no sleep. I also had a bad lsd trip the night before the mdma, and had consumed MDA a few nights prior to that.

I blame the combination of substances and especially the lack of recovery sleep for my damage or LTC. It felt like I had an awful trip and the mdma cemented it.

Because of all this, however, I do hold out a thin glimmer of hope that this is psychological, and if I can manage to get my mind right the physical symptoms will improve. It's hard to believe that when you have over 12 or so symptoms though.

Example, libido is dead. Last time I had sex was on halloween and I haven't even felt a desire to have sex or jerk off since then. Mentally I have the desire, but physically I don't and it has been impossible anyway. I've had anxiety induced ED before and this does not feel like that at all. Perhaps especially because if I have morning wood or a random erection it is never as hard as it used to be. And when I did have sex last time it didn't feel as good. This tells me that some chemical is not firing right. I don't think it's a blood flow problem, but rather a brain chemical problem.

Well I have almost no sex drive, but I think that's my age (nearly 50) though it was always less than my peers. I actually find it liberating, not to have sex as the thing motivating almost everything I do and how I relate. "Having a libido is like being chained to a madman." ~ Socrates (supposedly). Things I pursue in life seem more honest, rather than being things that might increase the chances of me finding a mate.

Well I have almost no sex drive, but I think that's my age (nearly 50) though it was always less than my peers. I actually find it liberating, not to have sex as the thing motivating almost everything I do and how I relate. "Having a libido is like being chained to a madman." ~ Socrates (supposedly). Things I pursue in life seem more honest, rather than being things that might increase the chances of me finding a mate.

Yeah I'm 24 this is not cool. For me it feels like more than just libido though. The libido issue to me is a symptom of the problem. I have also lost all desire in general, and I realize how much that is all related to sex drive. No desire for anything at all, and I try. It's not just like my libido is low, it's non existent. I have to force myself to do anything, and it only works if I'm actually with a woman, and way worse than before. It just sucks yo

Yeah I'm 24 this is not cool. For me it feels like more than just libido though. The libido issue to me is a symptom of the problem. I have also lost all desire in general, and I realize how much that is all related to sex drive. No desire for anything at all, and I try. It's not just like my libido is low, it's non existent. I have to force myself to do anything, and it only works if I'm actually with a woman, and way worse than before. It just sucks yo
Have you tryed ssri ?

Have you tryed ssri ?

Not yet, though I probably will soon. I've been trying to avoid them because I was afraid starting them right when this happened might permanently shut down some serotonin producing areas, and I figured I needed to be able to produce as much as I could.

Hey guys,

I have been lurking on Bluelight for the past month or so and have found a lot of valuable information here. It is helping immensely in my recovery process. This is a great community and I just wanted to express my deep appreciation for everyone on here. This is my rather typical story: I took my 2nd dose of MDMA exactly 48 days ago. Untested (of course) and the dose was probably too high. It took about a week for the side effects to catch up with me. I had a panic attack that was quickly preceded by intense DP and debilitating anxiety. My life has changed drastically since then. All of my thoughts are focussed on recovery. I am exercising daily and eating very healthy, taking vitamins as well Magnesium and Fish oil. I am trying to remain positive and continue with my life but it is difficult sometimes.

The physical anxiety is barely present anymore and I don't have much trouble with sleeping. However, the brain fog and numbness (anhedonia) still remain. Sometimes the DP creeps in but it's never intense. I have good days and bad days but over all I just don't feel like myself. As the weeks go by I become increasingly concerned that I will stay in some version of this state forever.

I have read through a great deal of the threads on here and have come across quite a few recovery stories. I don't want to come across as naive but it really seems like the majority of people recover from this. I guess we will have to wait and see for ourselves.

One person I wanted to reach out to in particular is Budal202. I really love your recent post and found it to be a great assessment of everything. Just wanted to let you know that I also suffer from the "song in your head" symptom. I've looked it up and it's called an "ear worm". Pretty annoying, feels like you're going crazy.

Anyway, I am sure this will not be my last post. I believe there is hope for all of us and that time really will be the main factor. We are lucky that we have each other for reassurance in the mean time. Take care guys.

Harry95

Hey Friend! It's nice to read that you don't have any problems with sleeping. It was a living hell at first for me. I'm a little better now, the only thing that has been bodering me is this lucid dreams (yep, I can control some things in my dreams). Brain fog sucks, and i to have this anhedonia. It wasn't so strong at first cuz i could enjoy things like sex with my girlfriend but now i just can't concentrate in my life. I'm always inside my own head, not consciously living my life.

Yesterday I went to the beach with my girlfriend, and I realized I could no longer enjoy things, I looked at her and saw how she was happy, but I just could not see happiness in anything. The sea which has always been my passion, or on the mountain we climbed, the pictures we took and the songs we heard.

Although she knows everything that happened, I do everything i can so she will not notice, i fake my facial expression, but yesterday, as soon as I arrived in my town went straight to the pharmacy. That's why today i decided to start with SSRI Escitalopram (lexapro). After almost beating my extreme anxiety and paranoia with positive thinking and acceptance, brain fog, fatigue, anedonia, sleep problems and blured vision still remain, which were the initial symptoms.

I think it can be called depression. I don't feel sad, I don't cry, I just feel a emptiness, a chest tightness, and can't take pleasure in anything. I have been working hard as hell in my job, I am a software consultant for project management, and it has helped me a lot to forget the problems, but even when I can close a good contract, when I have great performance, yet I feel no happiness.

I also can no longer love. So I think it's time to treat myself.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Took the first pill a few minutes ago. Supposedly, the effect should appear in one month.

Wish you guys health and happiness , and Harry, if you need anything send me a message.

:)

Last edited:
After reading about Post SSRI sexual dysfunction i decide not to take it anymore.

Shit.

:)

Hey Budal, the post ssri sexual dysfunction is pretty uncommon, I wouldn't let that stop you from trying it. I personally think that SSRIs will help people recover their serotonin better in the long run and I personally wish I would've started SSRIs soon after my drug abuse. But what I would definitely recommend you try if you haven't already is St. John's Wort and 5-HTP, it's similar to SSRIs in its capacity to increase serotonin and work as an anti depressant. These are not to be combined with SSRIs however for fear of serotonin syndrome.

If you're having sleep issues I think that could be addressed with various medications, and fixing your sleep and giving it time will fix most things in my opinion.

How long has it been since you did MDMA? There are some acute changes associated with the first months of having done MDMA that will go away, these include troubles with the brain's serotonin factories and that's why I recommend taking serotonin externally in the form of 5-HTP.

Hey Budal, the post ssri sexual dysfunction is pretty uncommon, I wouldn't let that stop you from trying it. I personally think that SSRIs will help people recover their serotonin better in the long run and I personally wish I would've started SSRIs soon after my drug abuse. But what I would definitely recommend you try if you haven't already is St. John's Wort and 5-HTP, it's similar to SSRIs in its capacity to increase serotonin and work as an anti depressant. These are not to be combined with SSRIs however for fear of serotonin syndrome.

If you're having sleep issues I think that could be addressed with various medications, and fixing your sleep and giving it time will fix most things in my opinion.

How long has it been since you did MDMA? There are some acute changes associated with the first months of having done MDMA that will go away, these include troubles with the brain's serotonin factories and that's why I recommend taking serotonin externally in the form of 5-HTP.

Can ssri help confusion vision an dizziness I honestly this I've done some sort of injury I don't don't feel anxiety atall but I'm in such a state could this be due to low serotonin ?

Also the reason why I'm saying injury is because I redosed a lot of times and was unconscious for 6 hours afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.