• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the BEST advice i can give people currently recovering from a long term MDMA effects. STOP, do not keep reading these stories. STOP researching the topic and diagnosing your self. I swear to you i put my self through the worst hell for at least 6 months straight while recovering from ecstasy usage, multiple times. I was still smoking pot during all that time which made everything 10x worse especially anxiety. How ever i was too ignorant to think the pot was doing anything bad.

Anyways, go out side take a walk around the block every night. Exercise, force your self to go out with friends. Do NOT over analyze things, do not keep wondering if this will last for ever. The serotonin off balance will have your mind going all over the place trying to figure things out in panic. Just relax and live, let things happen. I promise you , you WILL recover. You may not reach 100% , where you were before MDMA. But i promise you will recover so much that you wouldn't notice the difference between 100% and how you are. Positive thoughts! -

This is indeed the best advice here, I had the same thing. I over analyzed things and it only gave me more fear and nothing good. All I had to do just give it some time.

I'm just wondering if there's a possibility somehow that she knows exactly what happened with me and sends me on the right path. It would be so nice. My parents talk about drugs like its something from outer space that no one ever does, let alone me. But i guess we'll never know if I dont ask at least..

I know what happened with you. You were already born a lunatic. MDMA has nothing to do with your problems. You annoy me so much lol :D.

I know what happened with you. You were already born a lunatic. MDMA has nothing to do with your problems. You annoy me so much lol :D.

That's funny, you annoy me a great deal too. Judging from your posts it seems you still don't understand the condition of many of the guys in this thread, and you're the only one in here spouting negative shit to people who's in despair and looking for help and advice. Seems to me you are the lunatic.

i believe the forum is to help people who opened a door to mental illness such as anxiety depression. even physical all by doing drugs. Scaredfirstimer and everyone on here has their own story but with one thing in common. drugs. so dont judge or keep your neg comments to yourself. @deltronpedro keep pushing! You helped me out so many times. Jus get yourself out the negative loop. Youll be fine. Goodluck at the docs

They plugged my brain with electrodes and made me pass some tests it was fun ahah. I'll get the results on monday.

Does anyone know if there is tests a neurologist can do to see the damage that's done by mdma like scans etc ?

@ me2point0 you did ecstasy once LOL. Like she would give you another treatment if you would tell her that. PLEASE. Normally if a person tries MDMA for one time he/she wouldn't have a hangover at all for sure. You are way to sensitive to this shit and so this has nothing to do with an LTC caused by (ab)using MDMA. Leave this forum and seek professional help. My god.

What does it feel like living life as a piece of shit? Once you can answer that for everyone, please leave.

Does anyone know if there is tests a neurologist can do to see the damage that's done by mdma like scans etc ?

There is no permanant damage done that would show up on an MRI. An MRI is meant for organic damage like brain tumors or traumatic brain injury. This kind of stuff is functional changes in flow of neurotransmitters etc which does not show up in an MRI.

Now ive said it a billion times now but any neuroendocrine alterations can be tested for with blood tests. Ive advised everyone to do all of the hormone tests since subtle things there could be found but most drs would dismiss them as normal even though they may not be. Even in post finasteride syndrome (which is worse/more complex) than an ltc drs claim the drug did nothing when it actually did alter some androgen receptors. Ltc suffers are lucky in that the endocrine alterations aren't that complex as PFS.

SSRI is bunch of chemical compounds, right? I would recommend what is natural, as I know 5-htp is made from a plant. I don't know much about SSRI. You should just find out what is in there. But probably it will help your anxiety in moderate doses, so you should be fine. :) At least you can use it for the beginning, after that you can switch to something else.

A psychiatrist would disagree. 5-HTP is poorly regulated and can be dangerous.

Hope all is well with the crew in here. Seems most people from my LTC "generation" are no longer posting (that's a good thing!) Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone well.

For a very very large percentage of people, your symptoms will pass with time. If things are lingering and/or symptoms are still bad after, say, 6 months, I would not hesitate to take an ssri to get you back on track. You can stop taking them once you feel better. There is no rule that says you have to take ssri's for life once you start.

Anyway, good luck everyone. 2014 was the worst year of my life, but this year has been great thus far and I feel great.

Going to see the neurologist tomorrow. One of the best in Canada. I'm going for a new technologic anxiety reduction treatment or something. I dont even know if I should tell her about the one time I did mdma or whatever. I mean shes very qualified to help but she will probably tell my mom about it and I dont want it to happen. Any ideas on how to approach this? Tell her or just go on with the treatment? I have like 12 appointments.

Where is this neurologist? Her name? I am interested

Hey guys, need your advice. Im going throug pretty bad times once again and I will seek some medical advice from a psychatrist on friday. I considered asking him for some SSRIs cause I want this whole shit to come to an end. Its been a year and I made progress. Im sportive, got a new job and learned my lesson. But most of the time Im really unhappy and sometimes anxious. I made a therapy and Im taking Valdoxan, but this seems to be not enough. Any advice what would be the best plan? SSRIs(wich would be the best?Zoloft)?

I dont want this shit anymore .There has to be the end of the tunnel but I just dont know how to get there...fucking frustrating

Ask yourself: What do you have to lose?

So, here's something that's been on my mind. Regardless of how much MDxx we took, we've all ended up at the same place: the end of the road. If you guys have had similar experiences to mine (which it seems you have). I for one couldn't imagine my mental health being worse than it was when I first got sick (September 2014). Complete derealization, chronic brain fog, anxiety through the roof and constant panic attacks.

So for those of you that have recovered (90% or greater) - how long did it take? I've seen figures ranging from 6 months to 2-3 years. I've long since come to terms with my illness. I just want to know what I'm up against, I suppose.

Is there any other tests that you know of that could see any damage done by mdma abuse ?

Hope all is well with the crew in here. Seems most people from my LTC "generation" are no longer posting (that's a good thing!) Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone well

For a very very large percentage of people, your symptoms will pass with time. If things are lingering and/or symptoms are still bad after, say, 6 months, I would not hesitate to take an ssri to get you back on track. You can stop taking them once you feel better. There is no rule that says you have to take ssri's for life once you start.

Anyway, good luck everyone. 2014 was the worst year of my life, but this year has been great thus far and I feel great.
Did you take ssri ? How long Where you on them for ? I tryed Zoloft for a month never really helped and had awful side effects

So, here's something that's been on my mind. Regardless of how much MDxx we took, we've all ended up at the same place: the end of the road. If you guys have had similar experiences to mine (which it seems you have). I for one couldn't imagine my mental health being worse than it was when I first got sick (September 2014). Complete derealization, chronic brain fog, anxiety through the roof and constant panic attacks.

So for those of you that have recovered (90% or greater) - how long did it take? I've seen figures ranging from 6 months to 2-3 years. I've long since come to terms with my illness. I just want to know what I'm up against, I suppose.
It's not a case of damage and recovering, it's the knock you took to your brain from worry and panic. A lot of (if not all) people here thought they had fried their brain and worried themselves crazy (as did I). Think of Homeostasis. The sense of panic is accustomed to our thought, and gradually training ourselves to chill out about our anxieties we will be fine.

All those symptoms you just listed are all symptoms of anxiety. Don't separate them all. I'm still not 100% better, but in the 1 year and a couple of months of psychological hell, I got work, a girlfriend, good grades and what not. I haven't panicked at the intensity of almost dying since like, last July? and when I do panic it's for about 5 minutes over the silliest things which I'm working on now. You'll be good. Just to a lot of people; chill out and stop researching.

To what end?
Fixing the unconsciouss. As Jibberman said, the whole LTC starts in your head. All the symptoms we feel are due to some wrong processes running in our brain. Maybe the consequence/or even the trigger is some hormonal dysfunction, like Strangestuff tries to tell us. But no matter what is wrong. It is maintained by wrong thought patterns. Thats why meditation and CBT is so highly recommended. And I thought by myself thah this wrong patterns have their roots in the unconsciouss. Thats why I asked.

Last edited:
Did you take ssri ? How long Where you on them for ? I tryed Zoloft for a month never really helped and had awful side effects
Well, do you know that SSRIs are common to take more than 4 weeks to get any effects(Except from the nasty side effects you were talking about)? And yes, Rphilli took some SSRI(Lexapro or Paxil). But maybe he will come back soon and answers your question on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.