Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA Pills: ExpiryDate

Mr_AuDiO

Bluelighter
I know this might be a damn stupid question. But this came into discussion from a guy I hardly didnt know, but actually want to know just as of curiousity. So when would a pill be considered out of date?

1-2 months holding on to a pill, then having it <- Is that fine?

Anywayz I know this might sound so stupid to some, which is fair enough hehe not that have experienced it, just curious on it. So would a few months be ok.

try Australian Drug Discussion dude :)

and I'd say unless it's kept in a fishtank, it should be right for a fair while!

pills will last a very long time you dont really have to wory about them going off unless your plannin on keeping them for years and years and years. So stash some of the goodies that are doing the round away for a special occasion ;)

I've had a pill that was over 3 years old (Yellow TP) and it blew my brains into a million pieces.... strongest pill I ever had.

Maybe they get stronger with age? j/k =D

MDMA last for A LONG time. I'm sure phase dancer could get into the niggling stuff relating to half-life's etc.

MDMA is pretty stable really. If it was very impure, depending on what the impurities are, it could deteriorate faster. But generally speaking, if kept in a dry, cool, dark place MDMA should last many years.

As most people know, all pharmaceuticals are shelf life rated by directly aging and/or accelerating aging through altering storage conditions.

Now that MDMA is used in PTSD therapy, the shelf life would have to have been established, simply because its required for FDA approval.

^^^^ That last bit sounds very interesting. Might go on a search through the FDA's website to see if I can find the expiry times they have established... Wish me luck!!!

While this kind of off-topic, this was an interesting, generally unbiased review of using LSD as a treatment against drug addiction. I'll continue to edit this post with more links when I find stuff relating to MDMA shelf-life etc.
http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/795_psyche.html

*EDIT*

Well, that website is a piece of shit. Not very search friendly at all. If anyone else has any luck looking around, the info would be muchly appreciated

:)

Last edited:
So 2 months should not be a problem at all then, since it lasts that long ah?

2 months is nothing at all. think how long they've been around since initial pressing. If 2 months caused the manufacturers profit to evaporate, not many people would be in the game ;)

In short, and as stated above you can store pills for years and years. Have fun with that :)

there have already been dozens of threads answering this. Peeps should use the search function.

Basic answer is no it doesn't go off.

Although a while back me & some friends got some brown F1s, really dodgy press, pretty weak pill too. Anyway, we'd run outta glad wrap so my friend (not having any baggies) didn't have anything to wrap it in. He used foil but it ended up not being airtight and the next day it was this soggy, squishy, and i swear - mouldy mess.

I dont know what they used for fillers in this pill but it absoprbed moisture outta the atmosphere and also appeared to have gone mouldy (slight coulour texture change).

So maybe if they're really crap pills they can go off.

^
thats got nothing to do with the pill itself but rather your improper storing techinques.

Pills should be kept in a cool dark place. preferably away from moisture to avoid the above.

The binders within a pill will of course eventually break down, and the pill will become a powder. however the drug itself will last well to the time when your grandkids come up to and ask about MDMA.

There should be a "best before" date printed somewhere on the packet.
If not, time to change to a more savvy dealer. or at least call your current dealer's customer care department.....

As KB said - you might over time end up with a pile of powder, but the actual MDMA is very stable stuff.

For the record - i have seen a friend's pills go moldy after being stored in tissue paper (don't ask) under the bottom drawer (ie on the floor - ace hiding spot!) in a house with rising damp....
They still worked a treat. And he got a free shot of penicillin aswell :)

And yeah.... SEARCH. Bitch. :p

And he got a free shot of penicillin aswell

I wouldn't quite call it that - unless the tablet had been kept in a cheese wrapper ;)

Moulds grow on most things, particularly permanently damp- warm areas. Many tablet binders will be slightly to moderately hygroscopic, so they will attract moisture. Like a soggy biscuit, a damp tablet will likely break apart if handled. The MDMA may sit casually through all this, but certain moulds will definitely damage MDMA.

KemicalBurn said:
^
thats got nothing to do with the pill itself but rather your improper storing techinques.

Pills should be kept in a cool dark place. preferably away from moisture to avoid the above.

The binders within a pill will of course eventually break down, and the pill will become a powder. however the drug itself will last well to the time when your grandkids come up to and ask about MDMA.

Thanks KB but this pill was wrapped in foil and left in a drawer. The change from slightly crumbly badly-pressed pill to damp and mouldy lump happened overnight.

And i know i'm being pedantic but to say "it's got nothing to do with the pill itself" then say that the binders, which are part of the pill, are perhaps to blame is inconsistent. Anyway, just thought i'd share what i thought was an interesting story with you all. :p

^^ Depending upon what the tablet formulation was (agar carboxymethylcellulose etc. ), the Al foil possibly acted as a catalyst in the presence of water, producing a mould loving compound. Any salts or bacteria present (from body sweat) may have also helped optimise mould growing conditions. Many variables