• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA - maximum safe amount?

MindSeeker

Bluelighter
I've had a few attempts to roll, started "by the book" and took 120 mg.... felt a little happy/slightly euphoric for around an hour, that's it. I didn't take any other psychoactive substances at least 2 weeks before rolls, never abused any substances badly... Next rolls: 200, 250, 300mg. Nothing more. Others took the same stuff and had 5+ hour rolls so it''s not the quality of MDMA for sure.

I know my brain is different than most, for example smoking meth - no matter how much - does nothing to me except for sweat and elevated heart rate - but does it mean I won't be able to roll? I am just wondering what maximum safe amount of MDMA would be. I'm not sure if it matters as MDMA basically is supposed to work on my brain only, but I weigh about 215 lbs (100 kg).

Strange. It's certainly interesting how reactions to psychoactives vary greatly between individuals, with even some rare paradox effects.

I for example am very sensitive to norepinephrine. Stims have a narrow dosage window for me and I can't understand speedfreaks. A little too much gives me tachycardia, dysphoria, tension. The APBs are very short lasting for me too, 1,5-2,5h max. But they are about serotonin. Things are complex indeed.

I'm sensitive to caffeine and can't see why people like coke, it makes me jittery, anxious and on edge hate it lol

I'm sensitive to caffeine and can't see why people like coke, it makes me jittery, anxious and on edge hate it lol
Same here. On good days, or on tired ones I like a little caffeine and on the latter a little amph but need to dose very carefully.

It sounds like you just need to accept that you're not suited to MDMA. Constantly increasing the dose is just going to subject you to the toxic side effects.

Others took the same MDMA and rolled the hell out :cool:
Eh I don't doubt it but still you should test every batch of MDMA.

It sounds like you just need to accept that you're not suited to MDMA. Constantly increasing the dose is just going to subject you to the toxic side effects.
I would also follow this advice assuming it was real MDMA you and your friends took. Some people just can't roll, it sucks but that is how it is. If you took 300mg you should have been at a point where you were rolling so hard it was uncomfortable. How much time did you space between all those rolls? If you were trying everyday perhaps that would explain it. Maybe you just have a natural tolerance. I had a friend like that who just couldn't get anything from MDMA. He'd tell everyone a press was crappy and it would come back as having 200+mg in it when tested. I think he managed to roll once or twice but after that he just had a permanent tolerance.

The first question I usually ask is if you're taking any medications because a lot of things will block a roll but you're saying you don't take anything so I don't really have an answer for you. If you've tried doing it four times at the doses you listed without feeling anything at all then I have no clue. The only advice I can give you; wait 3 months, get another batch of MDMA, test it, and then try again with a dose of 130mg or so.

Klonopin = coke for me and coke = klonopin. To original poster, no one can accurately tell you how your body will respond. Even with legit pharmaceuticals there’s a reason the list things as potential instead of expected. My theory though would be a reagent test to confirm you are taking what you think your taking

I never tested it for purity but tested it for presence, plus I had it from very reputable sources.

And I spaced rolls at least 2-3 months.

And thank you everyone for your input but can anyone answer the main question - maximum safe dose? I've heard of serious side effects lasting weeks after taking just a bit over half a gram but also heard in old good times ecstasy pills had 170-180mg of pure molly and many took 2 per night and were fine.

I never tested it for purity but tested it for presence, plus I took it from very reputable sources.

And I spaced rolls at least 2-3 months.

And thank you everyone for your input but can anyone answer the main question - maximum safe dose? I've heard of serious side effects lasting weeks after taking just a bit over half a gram but also heard in old good times ecstasy pills had 170-180mg of pure molly and many took 2 per night and were fine.
Again no one can, no one knows if you have any underlying conditions exacerbated by mdma, you said you didn’t take purity test. You haven’t said if you did an adulterant test and I live by the motto of trying to see tomorrow, plus I don’t really think anyone really will answer this question based of the fact this is a harm reduction site. Harm reduction isn’t telling you the maximum dosage to get you fucked up and not kill you. Harm reduction is be thankful you got a legit source, and that you haven’t got a hot pill. I don’t mean to be crass I’m just not really willing to risk your life. Safe to me is a lot different then safe to you.

Actually, back in the days when MDMA was good, pills were typically dosed between 80 - 120mg. Sometimes that wasnt enough for people with a tolerance which led to double dropping and redosing throughout the night. But you shouldnt really go over 300mg per session. I believe the neurotoxicity really kicks in around this point.

Actually, back in the days when MDMA was good, pills were typically dosed between 80 - 120mg. Sometimes that wasnt enough for people with a tolerance which led to double dropping and redosing throughout the night. But you shouldnt really go over 300mg per session. I believe the neurotoxicity really kicks in around this point.
So do you really wanna take it to this point for a roll? Sometimes you get the shit end of the deal. Perhaps as clinical trials pass and we get more information (mdma currently being under FDA review in U.S. for therapy settings) we will learn more about this substance. But as with anything if you don’t feel 200mg of mdma I doubt upping the dosage is the right thing for you to do

So do you really wanna take it to this point for a roll? Sometimes you get the shit end of the deal. Perhaps as clinical trials pass and we get more information (mdma currently being under FDA review in U.S. for therapy settings) we will learn more about this substance. But as with anything if you don’t feel 200mg of mdma I doubt upping the dosage is the right thing for you to do

Yeh, if 150mg doesn't do it for you then there's no point trying tbh.

And thank you everyone for your input but can anyone answer the main question - maximum safe dose?

There really isn't one and to keep pushing the dose when you aren't getting effects at double the suggested dose is foolish. Yes, people are known to take half grams in a night. People are known to take more than that even. However, most of these people have a high tolerance to MDMA and have terrible come downs. Most of these people taking that much in a night aren't the people you should take advice from. A lot of folks that say they take that much have never even tried real MDMA. I've seen people that were used to various RC drugs sold as MDMA have a really bad time because they were attempting to dose MDMA the same way when they finally got the real thing. MDMA can be very damaging to the brain and there are many threads here from folks that used too much too often dealing with long term come-downs. There are a lot of variables here. Perhaps your MDMA was cut with an inert substance and you just got unlucky by getting all of that and none of the active drug.

I've heard of serious side effects lasting weeks after taking just a bit over half a gram but also heard in old good times ecstasy pills had 170-180mg of pure molly and many took 2 per night and were fine.

Again, variables. There are pills going around with that much in them and people do take that much in a night but again this isn't safe. With MDMA less is more and adding more usually just extends the effects you're already having and cause more side effects. When I take MDMA I generally start with 100-120mg and if I re-dose I only take 50-60mg. With pills I would generally start with half or one pill depending on how strong they are and re-dose with a quarter-half a pill. I usually don't re-dose because I know it's mostly a waste (I'm just extending the roll by an hour or two) and it makes the come down harsher.

My last roll was just 90mg of MDMA and I had a strong roll. I got nearly as much from that roll as I get with my usual dose of 120mg. I weigh 160 pounds.

MDMA doses are based on weight. So the dose varies from person to person even before you start figuring in tolerance. The best advice with MDMA is to start at the lowest dose possible and go from there. This website can give you an idea of what the minimal/suggested dose is for you: https://mollymeasure.com/

Based on what you've told us 300mg is about double what you should need to have a strong roll. If you aren't getting any effects at 300mg something is seriously wrong.

Thank you everyone! Now I'm sure I'm not going to go above 300 mg, I think I'll just try to take 200mg one more time and will give it up if it doesn't work.

I also wonder... last week I tried for the first time 2c-b, as it was my first time I didn't take a lot, around 15mg but didn't really feel anything either... I wonder if it has the same reason. I hope I'll find the answer one day... I'll also research on how to test MDMA in a better way, or maybe I'll just send it to a lab. I have 2 kinds of it, I call it "brown molly" and "pink molly", once we tried the brown one and I must say I felt it the most while the others were either puking a lot before or had some stomach or psychological problems for the next day or 2. I think the brown one has more MDA but that's just my guess. Thanks again for taking your time and helping!

Don't go over 300 mg in a night the comedowns are fucking suicidal. Im a person who heavily abuses mdma and with my tolerance i can still feel a good 60 mg product up my nose for 2 hours.

I have done upwards of 700 mg mdma in a night and many times i end up taking near half a gram through redosing til the sun rises. The effects just get extended and become extremely diminishing returns after the first redose unless you eat your full dose at once and booster it before its peak fades it will increase the peak effect.

The higher the dose the more mdma isn't worth it the comedowns can drive people to suicide who are already depressed on sitting on that edge.

Are you taking any supplements? What is your eating habit like on the day of your roll. Try fasting for about 3-5 hours before your next time.