• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA/Ecstacy affects me differently

96intheshade

Bluelighter
Been using this sight for meth addiction and recovery it's been a wonderful place to learn and talk for the past year, totally forgot about my Most confusing experience with any drug

First did ecstacy about 9 years ago when I was 16. White lightnings were floating around my hometown and raves were just on the cusp of becoming really mainstream. These were verified excellent quality. Had an absolute blast, perfect MDMA high.

Over the course of two years I took e pills maybe twice a year, 1-3 pills each time. Total over two years of maybe 10 pressed pills. Comedown fine. No problems. Spaced them out never used consequtive days

Then one random time i was at my usual bi annual rave and I took a green Heineken lol idk super random shaped like a beer bottle. The come up gave me intense nausea and anxiety and I puked. Rolled uncomfortablly for the entirety, couldn't dance, was lethargic. This ends up happening periodically over the next 5 years in which I rarely used because this would always happen without fail. Horrible nausea and an uncomfortable euphoric lethargy. Should note that the times before that E hit me harder than anyone else and I was always the one having the best experience. Haven't bothered to try it since as I hear it's mostly shit now anyway.

Over this time period I would try molly instead. Crystals on a capsule. We usually tested our stuff and it was always legit. I never once felt a single effect. Nothing at all. To this day molly simply does not produce any effect.

MDA had always been totally effective and without any problems, at the time I didn't know what the difference really was. We would get dark brown crystals, everyone called them moonrocks or MDA. I actively sought this out but it's so rare I just gave up the whole rave scene altogether even though those early times were some of the best of my life.

Can anyone please shed any light on this? I have always been so confused and never met a single person who experienced this. It's been years and I have no desire to test it out at all. Last time I tried ecstacy was like two years ago. I decided to just snort a double stack and see what happened. Felt blasted for literally 2mins. Puked then was sober/lethargic. Recently a guy I know at a party has some lines of molly to snort. He was clearly rolling. I snorted a fat line and low and behold....not a damn thing

Last edited:
Nope at that time I had only used alcohol and weed. E was the third drug I tried. I have dealt with depression all my life (either chronically low dopamine it Sheraton) and I suspect it might be from ADHD. Maybe I just fried some receptors that we're working so we'll anyway. Cause the first 10 or so times I was on another level lol

Nope at that time I had only used alcohol and weed. E was the third drug I tried. I have dealt with depression all my life (either chronically low dopamine it Sheraton) and I suspect it might be from ADHD. Maybe I just fried some receptors that we're working so we'll anyway. Cause the first 10 or so times I was on another level lol
I have severe ADHD myself and MDMA does affect me as it "should". That said, its effects have dramatically changed in the past...say 8 years. It's almost nothing like when I started using it 20 years ago. The question whether this has to do with changes to the person (me) or changes to the drug itself is the subject of intense debate on this forum. There are heaps of people with exactly the same experience, in the same timeframe. It could also be caused by medication as already mentioned, frequency of use, previous abuse, other drugs used,.... hard to pin down a definitive cause

As an added remark: minuscule amounts of MDMA added to a pill or to crystals will produce a convincing test result because these tests are very sensitive and because the color for MDMA on these testkits is very dark and overpowers other colors that could be present. That "trick" is used frequently by drug producers. This is to say that a positive test result does not guarantee good quality of drugs, it just confirms there is at least some amount of MDMA present

You see mdma contains oxytocin .. Probably you was very low on that

You see mdma contains oxytocin .. Probably you was very low on that
MDMA does not contain oxytocin, that is untrue. It is theorized that the release of serotonin caused by MDMA, in turn causes a downstream release of oxytocin that mediates the empathogenic effects of MDMA but even that isn't sure. There are studies indicating it might not be true since they gave people MDMA and gave the test group an oxytocin nasal spray which demonstrably increased brain oxytocin levels but did not produce a subjective increase of the empathogenic effects